A Dare

Anna laughed as Ryan blushed. Guys were so weird about compliments. "Ohmigosh! You are from Ireland? I love that accent!" She said. Anna was from Canada, so she had a bad accent to some of the people in New Zealand, so it was always nice to see someone else with an accent. Plus, she just loved Irish accents. Anna smiled devilishly when he said not to lose it again. "Oh I won't lose it again. Not for the world. Well maybe for chocolate, lots and lots of chocolate." Anna knew she would never trade her wand, but chocolate sounded really good at the moment. She sat down with him and collapsed on her back, all the adrenaline gone.

Ryan smile "Thanks" He said sarcastically he did love his accent and his country but you see he had a Tipperary accent that didn't exactly say the words right.But he smiled liking the fact she liked his accent.He also noticed her accent it was either Canadian or American but he wasn't sure but he wouldn't say anything because that might be insulting to her if he he said she had a different accent to what she actually had.Ryan laughed at her comment about her wand and chocolate "I'm guessing your a big fan of chocolate"He said grinning.His sister was like that too she would do anything for chocolate.He looked up at the sky when she fell beside him.It was a beautiful night he had to say but it was weird to see different stars.He couldn't see the plough or the north star.Sighing he closed his eyes and thought about all the new people he had met.They were silent for a few minutes before Ryan broke it "So how had Hogwarts been treating you"He asked his eyes still closed

Anna shook her head when he said 'Thanks' sarcastically. "It's a cool accent! Don't be ashamed of it!" She said encouragingly. She noticed that Ryan was a bit curious about her accent as well, so she said, "It's Canadian. Thankfully I lived in and English-speaking family instead of a French one. That would have sucked when I got the letter." Anna laughed and nodded her head when Ryan commented on her chocolate behavior. "Yep. A HUGE fan of chocolate. Best dessert in the world in my opinion." She said joyfully. A lull of silence fell between them, which gave Anna a chance to stare up at the stars and just think. I made a friend, she thought suddenly. A huge smile crossed her face. Her first actual friend in Hogwarts. Her thought process was interrupted when Ryan asked about Hogwarts. "It's been fine. The classes have been a bit lame so far, and I haven't met very many people, but it hasn't overly abused me either." She said with a small smile. "How about you?"

Ryan smiled "Thanks"He said this time meaning it this time.He was glad he knew what her accent was "Do you know any French"He asked curiously he himself knew quite a bit but had learned it in school.Ryan was enjoying the company with Anna she was fun and cool.He was glad he had made another friend he wondered did she have much friends.His thoughts were interrupted when she answered his question and asked him the same "Ah its not to bad not as boring as muggle school but its not as good as some people like my sisters said it was but I'm sure once I get used to it I'll like it better"He said smiling as he said because truthfully he missed his family truly all his family except for Michael and his parents ere here but he missed his home as well even though most of it was here with him.Except for his sister Kate who had completely closed herself off from everyone he felt a sudden bubble of anger inside him he was angry at Stefan for what he had done but there was nothing he could do about it now.Trying not to think of it he turned over and looked at Anna he wanted to learn some stuff about her the basics really "So why don'cha tell me a bit about yourself"He said smling

"Your welcome!" Anna said happily. She thought about all the French she knew and modestly replied, "I know a little bit. Not much, but enough that I understand basic phrases." In truth she could speak French fluently, but didn't like telling people that. Anna listened as he talked about how Hogwarts had been treating him, glancing up at his expressions. "I'm sure it will, right now it is just a bunch of rules." She said, hoping to cheer him up. She watched him as his expression was happy at first, but anger replaced it for a moment. Anna tilted her head at him. She wondered what could have made him angry when all he had talked about was Hogwarts, but that was a question for a later date.

Anna was shocked when Ryan asked her about herself. Something told her it made sense seeing as they had only just met, but it had caught her off guard. She began, "Well, I'm not sure what kind of blood I am. You know, half-blood, muggle-born, the likes. I knew my dad, but he never told anyone his past, not even my mother. He left out of the blue when I was nine, so my mom moved us back here. She has relatives here. That's when I got my letter. I sometimes wonder if I was meant to come here and get my letter. I have an older sister name Sarah, and she is jealous of me because she didn't get a letter when she was 11. I haven't made very many friends here, and I lke the color orange. How about you?"

Ryan nodded.She was right.He looked at his watch it was two in the morning but he wasn't tired.It was strange he had come into the forest to prove himself but now he had proved himself mastered the accio spell and he had made a friend! Not bad for a ten year old.

Ryan smiled when he saw the shocked expression he was going to say you don't have to say anything but she began to speak.Ryan was silent for a few minutes after she spoke he felt sorry but he knew she would want his sympathy.He then began to speak about himself "I'm muggle born.Ihave three sisters one of which is my twin and she is in Ravenclaw.My two elser sisters are also twins Kate and Sara.Kate is in Hufflepuff and Sara is in Ravenclaw.He said even thinking about Kate made him sad she was usally so happy but she was now as dead as a doornail he wanted to speak to someone about it but he knew he couldn't tell Anna as they had just meet. "I like music and sports and my favorite colour is green"He said sighing but smiling he hoped he hadn't overloaded her.Sighing again thoughts of his sister Kate'sface came back to him he wanted to hit Stefan but he knew he couldn't so instead he suddenly got up and he punched the tree trunk.His hand hurt like hell but it had felt good.He just stood there waiting for Anna's reaction

Anna smiled as Ryan talked about his family. She laughed a little bit when he said there was two pairs of twins in his family. "Guess your family likes doubles, huh?" Anna said with a small laugh. Anna tilted her head again when he said the name Kate. He seemed to be sensitive the name, almost. Is that what he is upset about? She wondered. "So your family has a lot of Ravenclaws?" She said, trying to distract him from his worries.

Anna laughed when he said he liked music. "Everyone likes music! There is a song for every person in this world." She said. Suddenly Ryan had an angry expression on his face and ran and punched a nearby tree. She she ran up to him and screamed, "What are you doing!?" She grabbed his hands so he wouldn't punch anything else. "What were you thinking? Is this about Kate!?" She said, extremely worried. She covered her mouth as soon as the word Kate went out of her mouth. Anna realized she probably shouldn't mention his sister if he was sensitive about it.

Ryan laughed "I guess so"He said smiling again.Trying to forget about Kate. "Ya I suppose the two of them are both know-it-alls"He said grinning that part of information was true.Sara and Star had been the different and know it all people.He had been the cool,popular but cunning person.While Kate had been the popular,kind and sensitive person who would never hurt a fly and yet she was the one who had to suffer because of Stefan's sad life.

Ryan couldn't answer her question because he didn't know what he was doing he had just needed to get rid of th flame of anger that was inside him.Calming down he almost smiled when Anna put her hand up to her mouth "Well its just my oldr sister Kate she hasn't been well since a person she really like had just dissed her off and you see something happened between them before the summer and they had agreed to meet in the Great Hall on the first day but when she came there was something different about Stefan and he really hurt her and now she is not eating and she is not talking to anyone.She is just in her own world.But you see you might think she is over reacting but never before has she hurt anyone or nobody has hurt her before and now she has been hurt she is not dealing with it well"He said is voice filled with anger and sadness.He was just extremely worried about Kate and her health.But it felt so good to get his problem out into the open he had been bottling it up for so long he felt as if a wait had been lifted of his shoulders

Anna stared at Ryan in shock. Everything that had been worrying him came out in a tidal wave of words and emotions and Anna didn't know how to respond. She stood there for a few moments, taking everything he had said in. Then suddenly words came through her to the outside realm. "I completely understand." She said, having no clue where it came from. "There is a reason she was placed in Hufflepuff Ryan. She hasn't known true pain or betrayal or how to deal with a relationship that might not work. She is too innocent to deal with real pain, betrayal, or bad relationships. Kate may be overreacting, ut to her and the few people who understand her, this is her whole world at the moment." Anna immediately clamped her hand over her mouth again. She didn't know what had possessed her to say what she had said, where the words came from or why those particular words came out. Anna started speaking again. "I'm sorry, I don't know your sister or anything but it seemed like the right thing to say at the moment. I'm so sorry if I offended you." She said, being extremely sincere. She hoped she hadn't hurt him or offended him, but it seemed all too likely with those words.

Ryan was worried Anna would never speak again but luckily she did start talking.Ryan listened to her explanation and it made perfect sense.He smiled again when she put her hand to her mouth again. "Its okay that is exactly what is wrong"He said smiling and giving her a hug.He didn't know why he did it he guessed it was an unspoken thanks for her actually giving advice.He didn't know why she thought it would offend him but people had different ideas about what offended people. He began to relax and all the anger went away."Thanks again Anna"He said smiling and lying on the ground again.

Anna sighed in relief when Ryan said she hadn't offended him. Suddenly Ryan hugged her. She jerked a little bit, surprised by the hug. It felt almost strange that someone gave her a hug instead of her giving someone a hug. She hugged him back and let go as she felt all of his tension leave him. Anna smiled warmly and said, "Your welcome." It felt good to help someone else. She always questioned herself and whether or not she was doing the right thing, if she was good enough, so helping someone was a good boost for her self-esteem. She leaned against the tree that Ryan just punched and closed her eyes. She felt extremely relaxed and asked Ryan, "How do you feel when you are in the forest?"

Ryan smiled.The ground was cool but comfortable with all the leaves and flowers.He wondered why anybody thought this place was scary it was quite nice.He looked at his watch again 2:30AM.He sighed and wondered would he get any sleep or would he just stay here for the res of the night.He wondered why people thought this place was scary in the dark.It was actually quite nice.He hadn't even heard anything scary.He almost missed Anna's question because he was in his own world.He looked up at her as she asked the question "I suppose I feel peace and adventure"He said smiling "What do you feel"He asked returning the question and sitting up and leaning his back off a nearby tree

Anna looked up at the sky and noticed how dark it was. It's probably, like, 1:00 o'clock in the morningshe thought without any real concern. She had stayed out later than that, and doubted that she would get caught, even at Hogwarts. The scents of the forest hit her then, and suddenly she felt almost tired. She shook it off and listened to Ryan describe his feelings in the forest. Anna smiled. "I feel calm. Relaxed. Daring on the occasion. She said with a small smile, making fun of why he was even there.

Ryan heard the mockery at the end of her sentence "Well my friends are going to get a surprise when I tell them what happened"He said smiling at the thought of the shock on their faces.There daring prank had turned into a pleasant night.Shows them he thought grinning from ear to ear.He could feel himself getting tired and he knew if he just sat around he would fall asleep.The best thing to do was to keep moving.He jumped up and started jogging. "Come on Anna's this is the only way to stop us from falling asleep"He said with a smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back