A Dare

Ryan Moon

OOC First Name
Tenjo Jojo(Johanna)
Ryan was a bit nervous it was around ten o clock and he was outside the Forbidden forest.He didn't know what had possesed him to do this.The more he thought about it he realised that he had wanted to prove to some of his friends that he wasn't a wimp and they had dared him to do this.He shivered in not sure if it was because of the memory or the fact that he was quite cold.He wished he had brought a warmer jacket.

Taking a deep breath he walked into the forest it got colder the further he went.He walked for around five minutes until he heard a noise.He stopped and looked around his heart beating wildly in his chest "Whhoos thheere"He asked hesitantly hoping it was one of his friends trying to scare him.

Anna had been walking in the Forbidden Forest, exploring, when she saw a boy about her age. A slightly mean thought popped into her head, and she followed the boy for a few minutes, making sure she didn't step on anything that would give her away. Suddenly she realized she had stepped on a twig. Crap, she thought. Though suddenly she found out a way to use this to her advantage. She crept around the boy in a circle, occasionally stepping on a stick to freak him out.

Ryan had walked a little further when he heard another crack he stopped again and listened hard he walked again but there was another crack this routine carried on for a few minutes until Ryan finally realized that if someone or something wanted to kill or hurt him they would of some out by now but he pretended like he was still scared.He moved closer to where the last crack had been but he did so quite discretly so it looked like he was heading that direction.Next time he heard a crack he ran over towards the noise and was surprised to see a girl about his age moving towards another twig "What was that all about"He asked slightly annoyed but relived it wasn't someone he knew.He then calmed down realising he would of done the same thing in her position "Sorry you just kind of gave me a fright anyways my name is Ryan"He said smiling and walking towards the girl

Anna was just about ready to make her move, just one more twig, when all of a sudden the boy started moving towards her, questioning her. She cursed under her breath; her plan to completely freak out the boy had failed. Anna looked at the boy and said in a joknig voice, "Um..yeah. Let's just say I couldn't help but try and scare you. Too bad you ruined it!" Anna laughed trying to relieve the tension. "Ok good, then my plan wasn't completely ruined." She said with an evil grin. "I'm Anna. House?"She asked. Anna was always curious to see what house new people she met were in. Of course she hadn't met very many people.

Ryan smiled she seemed like a fun type of girl he couldn't really see her properly in the dark but he could just about make out her outline "Nice to meet you Anna"He said smiling widely.He frowned a small bit hoping she wouldn't mind the fact that he was in Sytherin "Am I'm in Slytherin what about you"He asked hesitantly wondering what house she was in.

Anna tilted her head at the boy. She squinted before finally pulling out her wand and saying "This is ridiculous. Lumos!" A tiny light appeared at the end of her wand, but it was enough for her to see Ryan. Anna had heard bad rumors about Slytherin's. but was willing to give the boy a chance. "I'm in Gryffindor. What did you do to end up there?" She said in a joking manner.

Ryan followed her and took out his wand "Lumos"He said while a light appeared at the tip of his wand. everything was much clearer now and he was annyed with himself for not thinking of lighting his wand.Ryan was worried that she would judge him because he was in Slytherin but thankfully it looked like she was giving him a chance. "Well its a long story"He said smiling and sitting down on the ground

Anna watched as Ryan sat down and took his lead. She had no qualms with sitting on the ground, unlike other girls. She looked up at the sky then back at Ryan and said, "I got time."

Ryan smiled it wasn't a really eventful or long but for some reason he had said it was long. "Well I have some Gryffindor friends and they wre all like your in Slytherin your only cunning and arrogant and your a wimp so I wanted to prove them wrong so I said ask me to do anything and I'll do it so they dared me to come in here at night thats it really"He said smiling sadly in a way he was glad he had come in he might possibly have a new friends "So what brings you in here"He asked getting himself comfortable

Anna gave him a curious look. "That wasn't long at all!" She said. "And you shouldn't have to prove yourself to your friends because you are in a different house. You don't sound like you belong in Slytherin anyway." Anna tilted her head at Ryan's question. She hadn't really cared about where she was going, she just wanted to explore Hogwarts. "I guess I wanted to see what made this place scary enough that it was 'Forbidden.", she said. "I don't think it's that scary. The older students are always talking about how centaurs could come and shoot you or wolves will come and devour you but I've been in here for a few hours and haven't seen a slug."

Ryan smiled he didn't know why he had said it was long he guested it was from all the other times he had said it before.Ryan smiled he was glad someone other than himself didn't think he was right for Slytherin but there was nothing he could do now but he was detirmened not to become like Isobel who was also in Slytherin even thinking about her made his blood boil." I know ya its not that scary at all but maybe if you go in deeper it might get scarier"He said contemplating his idea it wouldn't be as bad now there was someone with him he might possibly enjoy it "Do you want to go in further"He asked still listening for anything unusual

Anna looked towards where the castle was, then to where the forest ran on, seemingly endlessly. Anna would have been a bit nervous had no one been with her, she still would have done it of course, but having someone there was reassuring. She turned back to Ryan and with a grin said, "Sure, let's go farther. But you better catch up to me!" Anna jumped up and sprinted off into the forest, making sure she was still in clear view.

Ryan smiled at her challenge running happened to be a hobby.He soon set after her catching up with her with ease "I happen to be quite fast at running"He said smiling while running.They ran for a few minutes before they came upon a clearing he stopped there and looked at the trees they were quite tall and thinned out they were very near the center of the forest "Well not much different here"He said doing a small sigh he had wanted something exciting to happen.He looked at the trees again they looked pretty easy to climb "Any good at climbing"He asked grinning he went over to one tree that looked promising.He tested the branch and then started his climb "Come on"He said while climbing

Anna was running as fast as she could, and was surprised to see that Ryan caught up with her very fast. "Well you just keep ruining my challenges, now don't ya?" She said in a joking manner. Ryan stopped suddenly and she looked around at the clearing. The trees were tall, almost 30 feet high, and immediately wanted to climb them. "Oh yes, I am a wonderful climber." She said in an arrogant tone. Ryan got a head start on her so she jumped to the highest branch she could reach and swung herself up and began to climb.

Ryan smiled "Yes well its not that hard really"He said jokingly.It was great feeling to climb.He grinned when he saw Anna swing up to the branch where he was he continued climbing for a few minutes but he stopped at the middle of the tree.He took a peep through the leaves and gasped at the view.He could see the lake and Hogwarts and all the mountains it all looked very beautiful "WEll what do you think of the view"He asked when he felt someone beside him

Anna was about to take the lead and get ahead when Ryan commented on the view. She hadn't really been paying attention to anything besides getting to the top first, and looked out where Ryan was. Her eyes widened and she gasped herself. She could see Hogwarts in all of its glory and the lake and the Forbidden Forest below her. "It's amazing!" She said in a voice filled with wonder. Anna had never been able to appreciate any of it before, and liked it. She sat there for a few minutes just looking at it when she felt Ryan begin to move. "Oh no you don't!" She said. She climbed ahead of him.

Ryan had secretly started climbing but she had heard him "Darn"He said laughing and climbing as fast as he could but she had gotten to fast she got to the top first "Well done"He said panting slightly.He looked at the view and wondered at its beauty he could of just sat there all day and looked at the view it looked wonderful "Can't beat a view like this"He said breathing the cool but refreshing air

Anna smiled when she had won. " Why thank you." She said with a fake pompous attitude. Anna looked at the view again. "Nope, you can't." She replied. Suddenly she patted her arm where she had kept her wand. It was gone. "Crap," she said, "I dropped my wand. Race you down!" Anna felt sick to her stomach despite her light tone. How could she be so idiotic as to drop her wand? She frantically started climbing down and looked for her wand.

Ryan smiled "Your welcome"He said sarcastically still looking at the veiw. "What"He asked looking over towards Anna. "Well that was smart"He said climbing down he looked for the wand on the way down.He beat her to the bottem "Beat ya"He said but he started looking for the wand. "Well you had it before we ran so why don't we go back that way"He suggested still looking

Anna was beginning to get scared she wouldn't find her wand. Stupid idiot, she thought. How could I lose something like my wand? Anna jumped down from the tree, being careful that she didn't land where her wand was. She carefully examined the ground, but couldn't see a thing. "Hand me your wand Ryan." she said in a bit harsh of a tone. He offered a smart suggestion so she began looking exactly where she had ran.

Ryan was trying not to be worried for Anna's sake he didn't think the chances were high for her to find her wand but there was no point being negative.He handed her his wand in usually circumstances he would of not given it to her because of her harsh tone but he understood why she had it now.They walked back the way they had come but then Ryan stopped remembering a spell from charms "Here Anna can I have my wand for a sec"He said annoyed at himself for not thinking of it before.When she gave him his wand "Whats your surname"He asked worried to be in the dark at the moment

Anna could tell that Ryan was annoyed, but he had every right to be with her harsh tone. She quickly said Lumos and searched the ground. The wand felt wrong, but she understood why. Suddenly Ryan asked for his wand back. It was his wand, so she handed it back to him, wondering what he was going to do. She was confused why he would ask for her last name, but she went with it and said, "Lasten. It's Lasten."

Ryan smiled a bit when he saw her confusion he didn't even really know what he was doing.He took back his front owand and held it tightly out in of him he took a deep breath "Accio Anna's Lasten's wand"He said loudly and clearly a few seconds later he heard the whoosh of something coming towards them since t was dark Ryan couldn't see but he felt his hand catch something "Lumos"He said and there in his left hand was Anna's wand "Wow it did work here ya go"He said proud of himself for actually working a spell "try and not lose it again"He said smiling teasingly

Anna screamed for joy and grabbed her wand back. She felt the same warmth she had felt when she had first gotten it and was ecstatic. She put her wand back and tackled Ryan to the ground, hugging him. "Thank you! Thank you so much! That was really smart!" She said. Anna remembered reading about that spell, but she had never thought it would be very useful unless you were a lazy person. She made a mental note to remember it if she ever lost something again. "That was awesome! I owe you big time." She said sincerely after standing back up.

Ryan grinned at her reaction but her next move took him totally by surprise but he hugged her back and started laughing "Your welcome"He said while getting up still grinning.Ryan blushed a bit when she complemented him "T'was nothing"He said his Irish accent coming through he dusted off the leaves and making sure the light wasn't on his face so she couldn't see him blush. "Just try and not lose it again"He said laughing and sitting down because his legs were sore from standing up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back