Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
Franz Mc Franklen said:
I belive that in the begining, God chose the Jews, but after the Birth of Jesus, left them becasue they did not belive such a great man could be born in such a way.
Just thought I might point out a few things. :D
God's chosen people, according to both Christianity and Judaism, are and always will be the Jews. They were the ones he led from bondage in Egypt. God extended his grace to the gentiles through Jesus Christ in whose life we are all hidden, so we all appear to be perfect and without spot or blemish in the eyes of God. I do not believe God ever did, nor will he ever, abandon his people.
1 Samuel 12:22 said:
For the sake of his great name the LORD will not reject his people, because the LORD was pleased to make you his own.
(1 Samuel 12:22)

Let me refrase that.

You can read it out of the bible. And remember, not all bibles are the same Nick. The Jewish nation is a cursed nation becasue they do not belive Jesus has come yet.

Oh and Nick, when you say you are pointing out a few things, pointing out what? What you said certainly wasn't what i belived in... So how is that pointing something out?

I don't think it's fair to call a certain relgious group 'cursed'.
Christians believe in God. Jews believe in God. I don't think there's too much difference there.
Jews don't believe that Jesus was the saviour - so, maybe their sins have not been absolved, as they believe. That still does not make them a 'cursed nation'. They're entitled to believe what they do, just as much as you do. In fact their beliefs aren't that different, I mean, they believe in God, just as Christians do, and just as Muslims believe in Allah, being God. And God's there for all his people, not just some of them.

And I'm still agnostic. :lol:

Franz Mc Franklen said:
Let me refrase that.

You can read it out of the bible. And remember, not all bibles are the same Nick. The Jewish nation is a cursed nation becasue they do not belive Jesus has come yet.

Oh and Nick, when you say you are pointing out a few things, pointing out what? What you said certainly wasn't what i belived in... So how is that pointing something out?
I decided not to call you out on the other thing I was going to mention. :r:
All bibles are the same, though. The way they're put into English is different but the meaning is universal.
I would like you to back up your statements with some sort of proof, saying 'It's in the bible' is not proof unless you refer to a verse, as I did for you.
Genesis 12:1-3 said:
The LORD had said to Abram, "Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you.
"I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you."
(Source)
In addition to the other link I sent you there is that.
First: To curse the Jewish people would be for God to leave them. Not so. God has not left them just as he has not left humanity. He is reaching out his hand to us, and them, and hoping we accept him.
Second: Through Abraham the Jews came to be. God promised to bless Abraham and all his descendants and to bless all nations through Abraham. That blessing is Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ, a descendant of Abraham, was a Jew, a Jewish religious leader, and is still a Jew. To curse the Jewish people is to curse Christ. Does that make sense at all? No.

I would like to point out that I agree with Violet. Saying it's a cursed nation wouldn't be fair. Everyone is entitled to their beliefs and if Jews don't want to believe that Christ was the saviour , then so be it. Is that wrong?
The answer would be No.

I don't believe in a god, so what I am really saying here is everyone is entitled to their beliefs. :)
So you can believe that god left the Jews all you like, as that is your belief though the statement about the Jewish nation was pretty nasty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back