A Black Night's Stroll

Rosaline nodded her head and said, "Yes." She shrugged her shoulders slightly and sighed wondering what she should say now, would he go and tell Asparuh? She looked into the man's cold grey eyes, she frowned as thoughts of Chavdar arose. I'll see him soon enough, she thought, trying to be positive but she was afraid that something could happen to him in Bulgaria, and there really would be mo way for her to know if something did as they were a secret. She snapped her head away from the man and began walking deeper into the forest not caring if he followed her or not. "So are you going to go run and tell Asparuh?" she asked as she walked further her wand still at her side.

Kalif glanced at the ground, before thinking about turning back, until her next question caught his attention. Why would he tell Asparuh anything? Kalif walked to be right behind Rosaline, and he answered, "Why would I tell my father everything I know? If he wants to know anything, then he can find it for himself." Kalif stopped, and leaned against a tree. Kalif wasn't the type to just go blabbering everything to his father. He only said things if they were important, and more than likely, anything Rosaline had said or done wasn't important enough.

An awkward smile formed on her lips at Kalif's words and she said, "No reason, curiosity I guess." She shrugged her shoulders and said sarcastically, "He's a lovely man." She narrowed her eyes as she thought, Kalif actually seems like someone that I could get along with, it's surprising. "Very different from yourself," she observed cautiously then smirked to herself.

Kalif shook his head, and muttered, "He has tried to kill my wife on multiple occasions, just because she stood up for herself. I had to step in and make him stop." Kalif had his eyes closed, remembering all the fights and such that took place before 2010. Kalif opened his eyes, and stated, "I would hope to be different than him. I would hate to be as 'lovely' as him." He had a hint of sarcasm in his voice, and a small smirk formed. There were many differences between Kalif and Asparuh, almost as many similarities as well.

Rosaline nodded her head and asked slowly, "Nanima is her name yes?" She smirked at Kalif's words and asked though it was more of a statement then anything, "Yes, but you decide to be a part of the group he is in?" She rolled her eyes as she waited for his response. Wow it must be weird for him, he doesn't know how I know all of this about his family, I would probably use an unforgivable on someone if that happened to me, she thought to herself.

Kalif nodded, and wondered how Namina has been. "Namina is something else." She was the only person able to calm him down when he was enraged. Kalif stated, "Father and I may have had our disagreements on certain things, like my wife and children, but we do have some agreements as well." He was referring to the beliefs of the Death Eaters. Kalif wondered how Rosaline knew so much. Not even her family should know about Namina. She was a good person, and did absolutely nothing wrong. Kalif murmured, once he came to a conclusion, "Chavdar..." It was barely audible, and wondered if Rosaline would overhear it.

Rosaline snapped her head towards Kalif when he murmured something, she had barely heard it but she had heard something, something that sounded like Chavdar's name. Her eyes widened with fright, as she turned her head away from the man. What should I do now? Obliviate his memory? she thought nervously. She gripped her wand tighter and then finally asked as if she didn't know exactly why he had said his name, "What about him?" She pressed her eye brows together and looked down shamefully. I'm so bad at all of this secrecy, I hope he wont be mad, she thought anxiously.

Kalif shrugged, knowing exactly what was going on. Kalif shook his head, "Rosaline, you are seeing him, aren't you." Kalif assumed that it was the only explanation. Kalif tapped his wand on his arm, and smirked slightly in amusment. "Before you explain yourself, or even try to do something rash, I know. If you are seeing him, then I won't tell Asparuh. That would be the reason why it would be a secret." Kalif had his wand ready, just in case she were to try anything.

Rosaline turned towards him slowly as he spoke then said quietly, "Yes, I am." She bit her lip nervously and asked with an icy tone, but an underlying appreciation in her word, "And?" She looked up at the man and smiled. "For a Death Eater you're quite nice you know," she said warmly, ditching her usual coldness now, he after all seemed like he was actually going to keep it to himself, and if he didn't and something happened to Chavdar she knew that he would not be safe, she wasn't going to let anyone else she cared for in this way die with out the other end feeling it as well.

Kalif couldn't help but laugh. Him, nice? Only to family. He informed her, "Don't think of me as nice. I don't want in any part of the whole you and him being terrified to tell Asparuh and whoever else you are keeping it from. I find it ludicrous, because if Asparuh wants to go and find out, then he will, and not by me." Kalif paused. "Chavdar is my brother, despite of his actions, I have no choice but to have some loyalty to him. He did go out of his way to retrieve my children. I am only returning the favor." Kalif finished, and to be quite honest, he did not see the big deal of the whole secrecy thing. Kalif was evil, but usually on his Death Eater missions. Kalif glanced up at the sky, which was hard to see. He figured that it would be time to start heading back. He turned and started to walk in the direction of which he had came.

Rosaline smiled sheepishly and said, "Well I appreciate it, and you wont be involved in this, not to worry." She began to feel sick from the emotions she was having now. Rosaline scoffed at herself and she sighed gently wondering what to say next. "So he's safe?" she asked cautiously, she knew that he wasn't safe from Asparuh but she had to ask Kalif to make sure that he wouldn't tell, because Gaspard could do something to hurt him. "From your family anyways," she added to her question as she followed Kalif out of the forest.

Kalif thought for a moment, trying to see whether Chavdar would be safe from Asparuh. He was the main problem. Prodan might be a threat as well, but then again, he might not be. Kalif shook his head, "That won't stop Asparuh from finding out. I won't tell him, but I won't go out of my way to make sure you two are hidden, since I have issues of my own to worry about. There are only two solutions if you want to be completely safe, and that's telling him yourselves, or forcing Chavdar and Asparuh to do an Unbreakable Vow, if you two progress any further in your relationship." Kalif tucked his wand away. Kalif stopped walking at the edge of the forest, seeing the sky get a bit lighter.

"You cannot tell anyone, not Namina, not Jaken, no one," she said firmly. "I'm not going to bring you into this anymore then you already are, and I'm not afraid of myself getting hurt, I can deal with that, but.." Rosaline trailed off, shy couldn't believe she was admitting this, she couldn't believe that she was admitting how much it would hurt her if he was hurt or killed. "We both have dangerous families, and well my history is similar to Vasilka's," she stated before looking over to the castle then back to the man. She pursed her lips in thought and then said, "Good night Kalif." She bowed her head politely towards him then began walking towards the castle.

Kalif simply nodded when she said that he had to tell no one. As if it would be on his mind anyhow. He saw that she really cared for Chavdar, but paid no mind to it. Namina was the same way, only she did not interfere with his missions. He did not show any emotion when she said that her history was similar to Vasilka's. Vasilka, however, was married into a family of aurors, and she was quite young as well. Kalif turned to walk into his office, and simply thought, What in the world have I gotten myself into. This whole secrecy ordeal is pathetic, but ideal as well. I just don't know if she can be trusted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back