A Black Night's Stroll

Professor Kalif Styx

transfig 5-7 † patriarch

OOC First Name
Ghost
Kalif walked out of his office, once midnight poked about. Kalif felt the cold air, and his eyes rose to the sky, seeing blackness all around. Kalif made sure his plain black robes were secure before heading to the Forbidden Forest. Kalif glanced down at where his Mark should be, and luckily, he learned a trick to hide it, the Disillusionment Charm, although not for long. Kalif had a hunch that he would be needing to for a little while, until all suspicions were clear. Kalif's hair was spiked, not that he minded it. He just did not feel like smoothing it down for a simple stroll.

No students were out this late, which was a relief. Kalif's hand traced along a tree, feeling the wood. He walked along the edge of the forest line, and wondered whether others knew of Barker. Kalif turned his back on the entrance of the forest, and pulled out his wand, to make sure nothing would sneak up on him. Kalif narrowed his eyes, which were black as coal from the absence of light. Last time he was in the forest, there was a little...talk with Jaken. Of course, he had lost his temper.

Kalif thought coldly, Stubborn boy. However, he had come to accept the whole "good guy" thing with Jaken. He chose the path that Namina wanted for him. Kalif glanced at the ground, and back to the darkness of the forest. He had the Zhefarovich blood running in him. Every one of the Zhefarovich's were Dark witches and wizards, or practiced it. Jaken would end up no different, although something in the back of Kalif's mind told him different. Kalif simply shook his head, and glanced around.

Rosaline had long closed the library to students, and had been reorganizing the library books, the last librarian had made everything just awful. She had missed dinner because of this, not that she cared, she would just eat breakfast that morning. Hours passed, and only until she heard a large tock from the clock in the library did she realize that it was midnight. She sighed gently, as she put away what she had left with a simple wave of her wand.

She walked out of the library and hugged a coat to her body quickly as she stepped out of the castle. She walked down towards the forest to go and be by herself, she of course assumed that no students or teachers would be there. As she reached the edge of the forest she smirked and took her wand out, as she did this she flourished it quickly and murmured, "Homenum Revelio." As she stepped through the forest she spotted an illuminated body. She put her wand at her side but gripped tightly in her small digits.

"Hello," she murmured with her exceptionally strong Bulgarian accent, she looked at the man that stood only a few feet in front of her. She twitched her lips into a smirk, but her expression and her face was hidden by night, for some reason Rosaline thought this would be good for her, but she wasn't sure why she felt it was, but she did. She narrowed her bright blue eyes onto the man, and flicked her wand once more with out saying anything and he turned back to normal, not illuminated any longer.

Kalif thought he heard a noise, but ignored it. He was simply out for a little walk, and students wouldn't dare try to get into the forest by this time of night, or around him for that matter. Kalif knew now what he heard, a woman revealing humans with that charm. Kalif heard the greeting, in a Bulgarian accent. This confused him slightly, and he turned to face the woman. Kalif tried to place where he had seen her before, but couldn't recall. This woman must be a new staff member, or a new professor.

Kalif narrowed his eyes at her, his vision now used to the darkness around. Kalif did not tuck his wand away, for he did not know this woman. His better judgment told him that he knew her through connections. Of course, he had no idea that this woman was seeing his younger half-brother. Kalif uttered a cold greeting, "Hello to you as well." Kalif made no move to approach the woman. He stared down at her, his height ever so slightly shorter than Chavdar's and Asparuh's. "I take it that you are new to the school." This was more as a statement rather than a question.

Kalif was not very good in normal conversation, especially with a complete stranger. He rarely socialized with the other professors. Kalif folded his arms across his chest, and tucking his wand inside his arms, still holding firmly to it. Perhaps it was a good thing I did hide my...real duty tonight, he thought. Kalif was not sure if there were rumors of him, but if there were, then he could easily prove them wrong. At least, when he was properly prepared.

Rosaline heard the man's cold voice, and she was instantly reminded of Asparuh, but didn't say anything of it, as she didn't know that this man was related to Chavdar. "Yes, I'm the librarian," she said returning the man's cold tone for one of her own. She rolled her eyes as thought to herself, He probably is related to the Chav, with his large family. She smirked slightly but shrugged it off. She looked around the forest as she introduced herself, "Rosaline Jenane." She looked back at the man with a smirk then waited for his name.

lame post ^^

Kalif's eyes stared at the woman, hearing the cold tone. It challenged his natural voice, however, he wasn't trying to sound cold. If he did, then it would match Asparuh. However, he would not do this, since one professor had already had a run in with him. He was surprised that he did not end her life, but then again, something was going on, and Kalif was aware of it. However, he showed no concern. He had just retrieved his youngest children back, and are staying with Chavdar while Kalif was at the school.

Kalif introduced himself, rather simply, "Kalif Styx. The Herbology Professor."

Lame too, but I am limited on time.

Rosaline raised her eye brows when the man introduced himself. Kalif Styx, who is he? she asked herself. He's Chavdar's brother! she soon realized, her bottom lip opened slightly as she thought this. She then clenched her jaw and then let out coldly, "Nice to meet you Kalif." She flashed the man a smile, then shut her mouth firmly. She averted her eyes thoughtfully wondering what to say to the man. She pursed her lips as she set her gaze back onto his cold grey orbs.

same

Kalif took a step toward her, as he could have sworn that she tensed up or seemed a little surprised. Kalif stared into her blue eyes curiously. Kalif said, his voice as low as a murmured, "Have you heard of me before? I cannot help but think that." Kalif raised his left arm, allowing his gloved fingers feel his short, blond hair. Kalif's mind wondered, Something is going on, and I am about to get to the bottom of it. He wondered if this woman, Rosaline, was a friend of Iulia's or someone of the sort. Kalif tucked his wand away with his right hand, and remained in the statue like position.

Rosaline shook her head and said, "No, well perhaps from my nephew, he is Aiden Lorka, a student of yours." She smiled at the man hoping her lie would roll off easily. She smiled fakely at the man and shrugged her shoulders slightly and began fiddling with her wand as she waited for his response. Rosaline rolled her eyes in boredom trying to be cool about the whole thing though she wasn't sure why she wouldn't be after all there was no way he could no.

Kalif stared at Rosaline, and faintly recalled Aiden Lorka. He was a second year Gryffindor, now remembering the role. Kalif did not buy her explanation. There was something more. "I doubt a student would speak to family about me." Kalif wondered through his options. Kalif approached her and stood beside her, faing toward the school. Kalif muttered, "My son wouldn't have anything to do with this, would he? Or Chavdar, perhaps?" Kalif was more or less thinking aloud. Those two were the only ones that were residing here and knew of him being a Death Eater. His youngest son, Kaleb, wouldn't dare tell a soul. Kalif knew that for a matter of fact.

Rosaline blinked once when Kalif said said Chavdar's name but asked as if she didn't know, "Your son? Is Chavdar another one of them or..?" She gave him a smile that showed that she wasn't sure who he was talking about. She tilted her head to the side showing her curiosity that really wasn't there. Why am I scared? He wouldn't do anything at the school, it's too risky, she thought to herself as she straightened up and took a small breath.

Kalif shook his head slightly, taking in some amusement from Rosaline. "Chavdar is my brother, half-brother. He resides in New Zealand, but hasn't contacted me in a few weeks. Nothing has happened to him...surely...." Kalif faded off, remembering contacting Asparuh and Chavdar, both at separate times, and knew what was going on between them.

Asparuh was out for Chavdar's head, and was on a 'hunting' trip, but would not tell Kalif what it was about. Chavdar was secretive as well. Kalif muttered in his mind, They had better not fight while Jaken's girlfriend is at my house. A thought came and went through his mind, about Rosaline. What would he be risking if he ended her, just to make sure his cover wasn't blown? However, Kalif decided against it. There wasn't any proof besides verbal.

Rosaline sighed gently at Kalif's words and she said, "How..interesting?" She shrugged her shoulders as if she didn't care about Chavdar when it was quite the opposite. "So.. " she mumbled grumpily and shrugged her shoulders. "How long have you been a Death Eater?" Rosaline asked in Bulgarian and smirked once and she gave the man a slight wink. She didn't care any more that she had just admitted that, it really didn't matter, she would be just fine.

Kalif might actually be worried slightly over Chavdar's sudden disappearance. And Asparuh being back from Europe, it worried him very slightly. Kalif did not care for Chavdar's safety, not if he brought it upon himself. Kalif heard Rosaline speak Bulgarian, and it took only a half of a second to process it. She does know... Kalif rolled his eyes slightly and closed them. He debated on what to do, about this and about her. Kalif turned to face her, his body tense. However, Kalif had somewhat of an amusement appearance in his eyes. Kalif rolled up his left sleeve, revealing his clean skin, no trace of the mark anywhere. Kalif smirked wickedly, something that would creep out anyone that wasn't associated with family, and retorted in Bulgarian, "Who told you that lie, Rosaline?" Kalif pulled his sleeve back down and waited for her response.

Rosaline rolled her eyes at Kalif's actions and said bluntly, "I don't need proof I know." She sighed gently and said, "Are you really going to make me go through all of this? No one told me." She smirked once as she waited for his response, she knew that there could only be a few ways that she would be able to find out, but he would not guess that she read it from his family tree while she was at Chavdar's, there really would be no way to figure it out, and if by some fluke he guessed it correctly there would be no proof, aside from Asparuh.

Kalif rolled his eyes silently. Was this the girl that Asparuh spoken to him of? However, he did not bother wanting to see the reminder of the spell he had used against the woman. She had mysteriously knew about Asparuh, and now about Kalif. Kalif murmured, "You don't know anything unless you can prove it." Kalif paused, making sure to choose his words as carefully as possible. "Go through what you know then. Including the ludicrous statement of me being a Death Eater." Kalif waited for her response. He would have to go to Asparuh during the holidays and find out more about this witch, and her knowledge of Kalif.

Rosaline rolled her eyes at the man and said, "I never said I would tell anyone did I? I know exactly how your lie works, I've got more important things to think of, and more important Death Eaters on my mind." She smirked at this, wondering if the man would be compelled to share anything that she already knew about him. She shrugged her shoulders quietly and pressed her lips together as if waiting for something to happen, when she knew he wouldn't be as rash to do or say anything, or she didn't believe he would.

bahh lame post

Kalif appeared slightly shocked. She wouldn't turn him in? Kalif was intrigued by this, and slightly impressed as well. The only question is, how she knew? Kalif tried to think of the name Jenane... However, nothing came to mind. Kalif shook his head and stated, "Even if you did tell, there isn't enough evidence behind my name. I will say it simply, I can be your friend, or I can be your enemy. I don't want to have to do anything too irrational. I have other things to worry about, than to stress over something that you think you know." Kalif figured that if she knew that he was, then well, she would get the picture. But, Kalif would never admit it, not verbally anyway. Compared to Asparuh, Kalif actually thought his actions through, and did not react on impulse. Kalif acted as calmly as a person who really wasn't a Death Eater could act, even being accused of one.

Rosaline smirked at Kalif's words and said, "There's a good little death eater." She flashed him a smile and walked deeper into the forest wondering if he would follow her lead or not. "Have you figured out who I am yet?" Rosaline asked with a smirk, she had a feeling that this man was trying to figure it out or was, but she knew that he didn't know, she hadn't used her maiden name so there was really no way he could figure out, or she didn't believe he could now.

Kalif narrowed his eyes at Rosaline, as he followed her lead in the forest. Kalif kept silent at her little statement. Kalif shook his head at her next inquiry, "No, I don't." Kalif disliked that she was a mystery to him. She was no Death Eater, but perhaps a threat? If it would progress any more, then she would have to be eliminated. Perhaps he should speak with the other Death Eater here and ask for some advice. Kalif pulled out his wand once more, and kept it at his side, just in case. "And I am sure you aren't willing to share, are you."

Rosaline shrugged her shoulders at Kalif's words and said, "No, I'm not." She shrugged her shoulders and said, "I'm not sure if you know but you have a half sister." She sighed gently, knowing all to well that questions would follow but she was just doing as Chav said, plus even if he didn't believe her it didn't matter she didn't know the man from atom, except she knew a lot of his past and family.. Lord this is confusing, she thought.

Kalif thought that she wasn't going to reveal anything, much to his dismay. Kalif stopped in his tracks, at her last statement. Kalif narrowed his eyes at her, and folded his arms across his chest, "Are you talking about Nataliia Dragonov? I already know about her. I keep the family tree in my office." Kalif wondered how she knew about Nataliia. "How do you know this?" Kalif inquired in a soft voice. Kalif did not like the fact that Rosaline knew so much. Did she know about Asparuh being alive? One person actually caught him... Well, needless to say, she no longer remembered.

Rosaline nodded her head at Kalif's question and said, "Nice girl yes? Or have you not met her yet?" She looked at the man and said, "I did just say that I was not going to reveal anything about myself to you didn't I? If I didn't.. well there you are." She smirked and said, "I know about a lot of things about your family." She paused for a second then asked with a mischievous air about her, "Do you think I'm with the ministry?"

Kalif grew a bit frustrated, but quickly replaced his irritation with patience. Kalif shook his head, "No I haven't. I don't exactly have any plans to either." Kalif shrugged, "You knowing things isn't about yourself, because I could actually careless about you. And I don't think you are in the Ministry, considering you don't have that proper attitude for it. Instead, you have that attitude of someone in the Dark Arts, or rather, someone descended by it." Kalif once again tried to pinpoint where she descended from. He tried to remember the families he knew in Bulgaria.

Rosaline smirked and said patronizingly, "Good job." She thought about patting his head like he was a little boy but decided against it, it wouldn't be the smartest thing on her side. Thank goodness for dear Vaschel and his unrecognizable muggle surname, she thought with a frown showing in her bright blue eyes, but her face stayed straight and cold. She shrugged her shoulders heavily as she waited for him to guess that she was a Mauven/Zchechaf, it wasn't hard, there weren't all that many pureblood families that supported the dark arts any more, and the fact that she had the common blue eyes and facials of a Zchechaf did help, their families must have crossed a hundred times before, as Durmstrang was the school most of her family had gone to, it was the school she had gone to.

Kalif stared at Rosaline for a good few moments, trying to pinpoint where she descended from. Then it hit him. Kalif's lips twisted into a smirk, which now looked a tiny bit like a smile, "You come from the Zchechaf families. I don't know how I missed it." Kalif shook his head, remembering that family, for they and the Zhefarovichs have crossed paths, but them getting along was a mystery. Perhaps they just tolerated each other. Kalif couldn't remember. All he did in Durmstrang was be with Namina and study boggarts. As for Prodan, well, he was sent to Azkaban while in school. Iulia was a loner. And Asparuh never mentioned any issues with them, at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back