A Beau day...

Beau Hurley

From the moment Beau's eyes opened that morning he knew it was going to be a nice day, it was one of those surfers premontions.
He got up and got dressed, he was craving surfing alot and before he had even realised what he was doing he walking out of the dorm with navy boardshorts on and a navy hoodie, which had the surf logo 'Hurley' spread across it. He grinned as he looked at the hoodie, he loved how his surname was also a major Surfbrand, it made it seem like he was meant to be a surfer.
He pulled on a pair of white plimsolls and headed out into the dungeons and up the stairs. He paused as he got to then entrance hall, the place where he had first step foot into the school, he sat down leaning against one of the pillars and looked out over the grounds.
He wasn't a nature kind of person, as anyone who knew him well could tell you, but even he had to admit they did look kind of spectacular as the early morning light fell across them.
He lent his head back, closing his bright blue eyes as he ran a hand through his blonde hair, the year had barely begun and he already felt like his mind was going to pop. The lessons where fine, nothing he couldn't handle, but the fact that he felt like Toni was avoiding him was hard.
He had only seen her in lessons not out of them and he couldn't help but think he had ruined things. He sat there feeling the sun on his skin, but also feeling the breeze that was ruffling his hair.

Toni hadn't gotten much sleep last night. It was just everything about the first week of school that seemed to fill her mind, not as much classes as everything else. Getting out of bed and pulling her hair back into a messy bun, Toni threw on normal street clothes for once. She wasn't fond of the uniform even now, so when she got the chance to wear her own outfit she could. Throwing on a short green dress with a big black belt around the waist, Toni thought it was much more her. Yet she still had to put in her slytherin earrings, just to show some house pride.

Smiling as the circles under her eyes were barely noticable, Toni left the dorm and walked right through the common room not even bothering to see who was there. As she walked passed the entrance hall remembering when she first walked into this place, ready to be sorted. It seemed ages a go, almost as if Toni was a different person.

Toni was about to walk away when she noticed someone sitting down learning against one of the pillars. Toni could tell right away that it was Beau. Not sure if it was smart to walk over and talk to him. It had seem that he had been avoiding her all week. Nothing outside classes at all.

Deciding that she could at least say hello, Toni walked over to him and sat down right next to him making sure the dress was flowing nicely over her legs. "Hey" Toni said flashing Beau a small smile. "I swear I haven't spoke to you all week" She said wondering if that was a purpose thing.

Beau's eyes shot open as he heard the voice that he longed to hear, "Toni," he breathed as she sat down, "I know, you've been avoiding me," he accused in a jokey way, thoughr really it was more of a question.
"What have you been up to?" he asked, in a way a true best friend would, because thats what they were best friends. He smiled as he looked at her out of uniform, they way he thought of her most, remembering the day of the skating lesson.

Toni laughed a bit as Beau's eyes shot open. "I hope I didn't scare you" She said smiling slightly. Wondering if he was dreading that she ever sat down. Looking at his outfit for a minute smiling at his hoodie. In Toni's opinion everyone looked so much better out of uniform, Beau considered.

"Oh I haven't been avoiding you at all" Toni said rolling her eyes playfully "It has been you that has been avoiding me" Toni said though her voice was hinted with teasing. Really though she was wondering if t was true. This week had been more than just a normal week of school. So much had occured that Toni wasn't sure she was even wanted to think about it.

The conversation was light as far as Toni could tell. "I've been up to an interesting week" Toni said smiling not wanting to go into it now. "Classes were ok and I survived" Toni explained leaning her head back a moment. "What have you been up to?" Toni asked glancing over at Beau.

Beau laughed as Toni dismissed the idea of avoiding him but inwardly sighed in relief, "Avoding you? I think looking foru would be more appropriate," he said grinning.
"Yeah classes aren't too bad," he said nodding, "I see you in all of them," he said laughing, "Your life must be pretty boring if thats all your doing," he joked laughing, this was good laughing and joking around, thats what best friends did. "Well I've been hanging out with Blair alot," he said smiling, "Other then that just lounging around," he said laughing.

"Sure you were" Toni said glad that he wasn't avoiding her afterall. That was something she feared that they would no longer be close, best friends as they had said. Though she wished she hadn't put her hair up. Now she wasn't able to push her hair behind her ear in habit. Instead she just placed her hands on her lap.

Toni smiled realizing that they were in all the same classes. It was odd how some things like that just seemed to slip her mind at times like this. Times like what? Toni wasn't sure. "Oh dont' worry life hasn't been boring" Toni said putting out a small laugh. Anything but Toni thought as thoughts of talking with Jenna, with hanging out with Wednesday, and just random people that Toni seemed to run into.

When Beau mentioned that he had been hanging out with Blair, a feeling of jealous welled up inside of Toni. Though she pushed the emotion down. There was no reason to be jealous. Beau could hang out with whoever he wanted to. "I never see you in the common room" Toni said thinking about how she really hadn't been in the common room much.

"So you and Blair close friends now?" Toni asked keeping her tone calm and casual.

Beau laughed, "Good," he said, "I don't think you could deal with boring," he said, any worries he had been having that they would not be able to go back to normal were gone.
"Yeah I haven't been in there much," he said shrugging, he had been out and about trying to gather his surroundings, "Why are you in there alot?" he asked curiously, maybe to curiously?
He nodded, "Yeah she's my best friend, other then you of course," he said grinning, it was still weird saying she was his best friend. It just felt like something more then best friends even if it was just friends.
He looked up into the sun shining down on him, it really was a nice day, "How are things with you and Sam?" he asked before he could stop himself, but then again why should it matter? They were just friends, so why was he feeling insanely jealous right now?

Toni shook her head. "No I can't ever deal with boring" Toni said thinking about how even her own mother called her a social butterfly. Toni just liked to get out there and do something. Though lately she hadn't been overly active as she would have liked to be. She just had a lot of her mind which was understandable.

"obviously you haven't. I'm in there quite a bit actually" Toni said hoping that was enough of a hint. Wondering if Beau even took the hint. "I guess I just know that I won't have the chance to bump into any annoying other houses in the Slytherin common room" Toni said laughing a small bit.

Though when Beau said that Blair was his best friend, Toni's heart sank a bit. That was what he had said about them and look what happened. Stop being jealous Toni thought sternly. She didn't want to be the jealous type. Why should she even be jealous. There was no right reason.

"Well I'll have to meet this Blair sometime" Toni said not knowing if she would like her but at least she would be nice. Though Toni was a bit surprised when Sam came up in conversation. "Umm" She began unsure if she wanted to talk about Sam now. Wondering what she should even tell Beau about everything with Jenna. Wondering if she should tell Beau about everything "Umm things are I don't know. He doesn't know" She said the last part a bit quieter. It didn't make sense for her to be so guilty but she was. Though as she had told Jenna she didn't regret any move.

Toni wondered if Beau felt gulity. Probably not. She thought.

"Oh I'll be sure to hang out there more often," Beau said when she mentioned she was in there alot.
He nodded, "Yeah you really should, shes awesome," he said a big smile on his face as he thought of Blair, she was like the little sister he never had.
"And you should keep it that way," he said, as much as it hurt him, pained him even to say it he knew it was for the best. Toni, liked, maybe even loved Sam for all he knew. And although it was hard to do h was coming to realise that. But that day it had all seemed so real, maybe she was beginning to regret it now wish she never had kissed him back. He winced at the thought, it wasn't one he enjoyed having though it kept creeping up on him, it was almost uncontrollable.
"Do you regret it?" he practically whispered, his eyes closed as in preperation for the agonizing answer he felt sure was coming. His hands were squeezed into fists by his sides, his knuckles turned white. But his face was almost relaxed, he could hear her next to her, hell he could even reach out and touch her, but he knew that would do no good.

Toni smiled "good" She said thinking that it was a good thing that he was going to hang out in the common room more. She really did miss hanging out with him. They didn't hang out enough.

In a way Toni wanted to shout everything that she had said to Jenna, she wanted to tell Beau. She could have just screwed everything up and Beau deserved to know. What happened if Sam found out? Would Beau get in the middle of this? But Toni wouldn't use Beau's name. She could keep him out the fire zone.

Though when Beau's asked if she regreted it, Toni let out a small laugh. "I would never regret it" Toni said her voice soft thought. She hoped he believe her to. "No matter what happens I won't regret it" Toni said wondering how that could actually be true. Yet it was.

"Do you? What would happen if everyone found out. Would you regret it?" Toni asked

Beau's eyes shot open as she said she didn't regret it, "Good," he said sighing in relief, "I was beginning to think you were regretting it, and thats why you were avoiding me," he said, trying to be light but his tone carried intesity.
He shook his head, "I will never regret it," he said honestly, "Not if the whole school found out," he said laughing. "Which they won't because, I'm keeping my mouth shut and so are you," he sighed, this wasn't entirerly true he had told Blair but he knew he could trust her, she wouldn't tell anyone and he knew it.

Toni smiled as Beau said that he wouldn't regret it if the whole school found out. Though when Beau said that he was he was keeping his mouth shut, Toni let out a small sigh. Glancing over at Beau "Ok don't kill me" She began a small smile on her face though she felt bad for telling Jenna. "I was up in the towers and I was just thinking about everything "Toni began as she closed her eyes for a moment picturing the day.

"This one hufflepuff girl came up and I just needed to talk and I probably shouldn't of talked to her but I just needed to talk to someone about it and I let it slip. I didn't say your name so you are in the clear. I just" Toni paused taking a breath after her long ramble.

"I think she's going to tell Sam" Toni added. she felt like she had betrayed a secret between her and Beau as well as the trust that Sam had in her.

Beau listened as she spoke, "Why would I kill you?" he said laughing a little, "What do you mean I'm in the clear? You think that's what I want? For you to take all the blame?" he said, his brow furrowed.
"And I kind of have a confession as well," he said his face looking very guilty, "I kind of told Blair," he said his eyes locked on hers to see her reaction, "But I didn't use your name, so your in the clear," he said, he had to laugh at this. They seemed so similar, in almost everythign they did.
Suddenly he realised what Toni had just said, "Wait, why is she going to tell Sam?" he asked, "And who was it?" he asked, maybe he could have a word with the girl.

Toni couldn't help but smile. Beau was such a good guy. "I didn't use your name" Toni explained. She wasn't going to get Beau in trouble with anyone that includes Sam if he ever found out. Toni knew that was a possiblity and for once Toni was accepting it. Though it was hard to accept. She wanted nothing more than to just lean her head on Beau's shoulder and pretend that everything was ok.

"I'm going to end up taking all the blame anyway" Toni said truthfully. Yet when Beau said that he told Blair Toni couldn't help but let out a laugh. "I guess we both just couldn't hold our tongues" She said not upset at all about him telling Blair. It helped that he hadn't used her name but even if he had Toni would understand.

With a small sigh Toni continued "Jenna" she said simply. Really she was ashamed that she had opened up to such a disgrace. Toni was just lost in her thoughts and really needed someone to talk it. It was just awful luck that Jenna was the one that was there at the time. "She's been waiting for me to screw up since Sam dumped her" Toni said smiling a bit. Toni looked over at Beau "Everything will be ok though. " She paused not knowing if that was true. "I'll be ok though" She added. It was her fault. Toni had put herself in this position and she had told Jenna. It was all her fault

Beau shook his head, "Thats not fair," he said stubbornly, "I'm as much to blame as you," he said. He laughed, pleased with her reaction, "What are we like," he said softly.
"Jenna?" he groaned, he had met the girl before and she had annoyed him no end. "What did you do that for?" he joked laughing at the strange choice of person, not someone he would have expected Toni to hang out with, "Are you two friends then?" he asked chuckling.
"Wait, she went out with Sam?" he said, that was news to him. "And you told her?" he repeated, bursting into laughter at this revelation, "That was a wise move wasn't it," he said sarcastically rolling his eyes, but it was clearly a joke.
"Everything will be okay," he agreed calming down once more, "But you don't have to shoulder all the blame," he repeated softly, "Thats not fair," he added.

Toni wanted to just hug Beau for being such a good guy though she knew that it probably wouldn't be the best move at a moment like this. "It's fair" Toni said just as stubbornly but a smile was clearly on her face. "I know we are both to blame but I dont' think Sam can hate me you on the otherhand" Toni said laughing a bit but inside she wondered if that was true. After this was all over, if Jenna opened her big mouth, Sam would probably hate her. Toni didnt' know if she could live with that.

Pushing the thought out of mind Toni listened to Beau. "I know Jenna an awful choice. I was desperate" Toni said laughing a bit. She knew very well that it was a bad move. Really this shouldn't be funny but when talking to Beau it seemed like a laughable matter.

When Beau asked if her and Jenna were friends Toni made a shocked face. "God do you think that little of me that I would hang out with someone like her?" Toni asked a hint of a smile making it's way onto her face. Her and Jenna friends now that would be something that would never ever happen. Toni wouldnt' go that low.

"Oh shut up" Toni said playfully pushing Beau. "Yeah she thinks that I broke the two of them up." Toni said a small smirk on her face. Still to this day she wondered if she had. The thought almost pleasing. "And I know it wasn't a wise move. Don't you know I'm blonde I have blonde moments every now and then" Toni said smiling brightly.

Though as the mood calmed down and Beau said that everything would be ok. "You know for a moment I almost believed that everything would be ok" Toni said a soft smile on her lips. "And you have to let me take all the blame. Just this once" Toni said

"So what did Blair think about our situation?" Toni asked changing the subject for the moment to fill her curiousity.

Beau shrugged, "He can hate me if he likes," he said stubbornly.
"Yeah you must have been pretty desperate," he said a laugh was in his voice but he managed to keep it down. "No, thats why I asked I was pretty shocked," he said shaking his head.
"And did you?" he asked, wondering if it was true. "Yeah but I thought you would be able to tell when one was coming," he joked, smiling widely.
"I'm not sure..." he began shaking his head, "It doesn't seem right," he said honestly, he didn't think he could just let her take the blame. Infact he knew he wouldn't.
"Shocked but she wasn't judgmental," he said simply, he was glad Blair was his friend, he truster her entirely.
"I can only imagine what Jenna was like," he said smirking.

Toni shook her head. "You are so stubborn" She said though even if Toni did take all the blame Beau's name would probably come up. In the end Toni didn't know how Beau and Sam could ever be friends though she wondered if Beau would even be friends with a Hufflepuff anyway.

"Ok yeah I was deperate to talk to someone. Believe it or not I don't have many friends that are girls. Jenna just there" Toni said rolling her eyes at the fact that she had really told that girl anything. Was Toni just asking for trouble. It seemed that way.

When Beau asked if she had actually broken Sam and Jenna up she shrugged. "I don't know exactly" Toni said. Toni smiled though about the blonde moments. That was always her excuse when she did something dumb. It worked too except for the fact that she had gotten the nickname blondie from Jenna. God she was just going to kill that girl. Yet thinking positively maybe she wasn't going to tell Sam. Maybe Jenna would keep her mouth shut.

Thinking about how Blair reacted Toni wished she would of had someone like that to talk to about this whole thing instead of Jenna. Laughing as Beau bought up Jenna's reaction "I thought she was going to kill me. She was close to knocking me out I can tell you that" Toni said thinking that it would be the second girl that wanted to actually hit Toni.

Beau laughed, "Of course I am," he said shrugging, he had been told many a time he was stubborn it wasn't something he was bothered by.
"Believe it or not I dont have many friends that are guys," he said laughing, it was weird but he just got on with girls better.
"And you still haven't visited my dorm like you promised," he said agitated at the word dorm, "One of the guys I share it with is a complete loser," he said coldly, "I need saving," he said laughing, "Without the cat though right?" he added quickly, luckly he hadn't met the thing yet and he didn't plan on meeting it any time soon.
Beau laughed, "Shes a maniac that girl," he said, "I met her once, drove me utterly insane,"

Toni smiled thinking that at least he could admit it that he was stubborn. "Oh really" Toni said smiling when Beau said he didn't have many guy friends. "Well I can't imagine that." She rolled her eyes playfully. Though when Beau said that she still hadn't visited the dorm Toni nodded. "I will soon" Toni said "Without of Sadie of coarse" Toni adding know that Beau still hadn't seen the kitten yet. "But you still promised you'd give Sadie a try" Toni reminded him.

"Why is the guy a loser?" Toni wondered thinking how she shared a dorm with two other girls. "I swear a dorm with a third year named Caina and a first year named Vanessa" Toni said not knowing much about either of them. "But both of them seem ok" Toni added thinking about when she would be able to go up and meet a few of Beau's room mates.

"And yes she is. "Toni said laughing a bit "I can imagine you driving her insane. Bet you had a blast" Toni said thinking about Beau and Jenna. Jenna probably tried to hit on Beau. Like that would ever happen.

"I know, I'll give it a try," Beau siad laughing, "Maybe somewhere outside somewhere though," he added chuckling.
"Argh," Beau sighed, "I met him on the Quiditch pitch, and he tried his hardest to wind me up," he siad laughing now, "His attempt where unsuccesful and almost pitiful," his laughter was cold now,
"I share with two second years," he said, "Thats alright then," he said, "Angus is okay though," he siad, he hadn't spoken to him much but he seemed okay.
"Oh yeah, we became the best of friends," he said sarcastically rolling his eyes.

Toni gave a small smile "I can go get Sadie now if you want" Toni offered knowing what the answer would be. Though Toni was going to make Beau like Sadie. It was just going to happen. Yet as Beau described his one roomate Toni couldn't help but be reminded of the flying lesson. "Well at least you didn't let him wind you up" Toni said thinking that it was probably really bad for Beau to be seen on the quidditch pitch. Beau was still touchy about the subject of flying.

Though when Beau said they were the best of friends, him and Jenna, Toni let out a little laugh. "oh yes I can see it now you and Jenna " Toni almost teased. "So what were you doing down at the Quidditch Pitch?" Toni wondered.

"Don't you dare," Beau said laughing. "Oh that reminds me, any brain waves for my bat?" he asked curiously.
"I went to attempt to fly," he said looking down, "I mean I was going to come find you, but I didn't want to bother you or anything," he rushed quickly looking down then up at her again, "I met this prefect and she helped me out a bit," he said, hoping she wouldn't be offended he hadn't asked her first. "We're still on for our flying session though right?" he asked his eyes stil glancing up and down.

Toni smiled "I had to offer" She said thinking that she probably would have died of shock if Beau really wanted her to go get Sadie. "Oh yes your bat" Toni said hitting her forehead gently with her hand almost to show that she had forgotten. "Do remind me if it is a boy or a girl" Toni said not able to think of a name if she didn't know the gender. Hopefully Beau knew.

As Beau went into what he was doing at the pitch Toni couldn't help but wonder if he was trying to get slightly better before the two of them went flying together. "You know you could have come and gotten me" Toni said just pointing that out. "But really it's fine. Taking directions from a prefect though" Toni teased about the last part. He must be really desperate to learn how to fly.

"And of coarse we are still in for our flying session" Toni said. It would actually be fun as long as she didn't have to use the up command. Last time she tried that she bruised her palm.

"Its a girl," Beau said laughing, it seemed he only really made friends with girls but getting the female bat had been purely conincedence, though he didn't like animals the bats huge black eyes had almost captivated him.
"Good," He said smiling, he felt a little more confident on a broom now he couldn't bare to ask Toni to help him when he couldn't even hover.
He nudged her playfully, "Don't worry I assesed her first," he siad laughing as he remembered his first words to her, "And shes alright really," he said, he was grateful to Andy for the help she had given him.
"good," he said happily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back