OOC First Name
Charlie
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Straight 10 1/2 Inch Sturdy Willow Wand with Boomslang venom Core
The more often Jingyi ended up in Obsidian Harbour, the more and more excited he was getting about the idea of Hogwarts. He was, admittedly, a little jealous of Xuiying and how she got to go before him. But hopefully, his older sister would be able to tell him all about it and she wouldn't just keep it all from him so he could find out for himself when he was old enough. For now, Jingyi was just happy getting to have a poke around the shops while his father dealt with some business for work. He had decided it was too much effort to walk, so he had brought his scooter, pushing his way through the crowds. He did have to destination in mind, he had some change in his pocket and he wanted ice cream. Unfortunately, he was so focused on the image in his head of chowing down on a nice chocolate chip ice cream, that he failed to notice he was about to steer right into another boy. "Watch out!" He managed to cry at the last second before jamming the steering to the right, instead, careening right into a brick wall to avoid crashing into the other boy.

@Charlie Helkovaara

Last edited:
Breaking up the shopping into a few different smaller trips had been a good idea. He got to spend a little more time in Obsidian Harbour without being so overwhelmed. It was really a lot to take in, and even though it was his second time here Charlie was still staring at a lot of things in awe. He was used to magic, sure, it wasn't exactly a secret at his house. But it was so much... bigger out here. He had spent a lot of time when he was growing up thinking he and his dad were just special, that they were a team. But he was starting to realize now that there were a lot of magical people in this vastly growing magical community and Charlie himself was hardly that special, after all.

He was lost in thought, worried, when a voice startled him back to reality. Charlie stumbled several steps back, surprised, yelping as he saw a boy crash into a nearby wall. "Oh my gosh! Are you alright?" he asked, concern in his voice even though he didn't move closer. What was he supposed to do? He almost looked around for his dad, but decided to wait a moment to see what happened first.

This was not the first time that Jingyi had crashed his scooter. He was a pretty accident-prone boy, always causing trouble and falling off things and breaking things when he tripped over his own feet. His mother was always telling him off for it, but Jingyi never really listened to her when she did go off on one of her rants about how he had broken something or was being too careless. He could imagine her voice right now as he picked himself up from the ground, pouting a little at his scuffed hands from where he had fallen. But it was not the first time he had scraped his hands, either. In fact, he was more worried about the condition of his scooter. His dad would kill him if he wrecked it.

"Mmm, I'm fine," he was quick to chirp as he got back to his feet, brushing off his knees before moving to grab his scooter. Thankfully, it looked as though it wasn't broken. There was a new scratch right down the front of the metal, but he supposed that was alright. It would just join the countless other scuffs and scratches all over the thing. Satisfied that he wasn't going to get an earful from his father, he finally turned his eyes back to the boy he had managed to avoid. "Doesn't even hurt that much. I've had worse."

Last edited:
Charlie was relieved the other boy seemed alright, dropping his hands to put them in his pockets. "I'm glad you are alright," he told the boy, looking at his scooter. "You crash a lot?" He asked. "Your scooter looks pretty beat up." He observed, tilting his head a little. Charlie had never been overly active, but he had watched enough sports he was sure this kid was active and sporty.

He had lied just a little, his hands were a little scuffed up and they were starting to feel a little sore, but he wasn't about to go back on his word when he had told the boy he was fine. "Well, I don't mean to," he responded, looking to his poor beaten up scooter for just a moment. No one ever went out with plans on crashing, but it always seemed to happen to him no matter how careful he thought he was being. "I just hope it doesn't break, my parents wouldn't get me another one if it does."

Charlie tilted his head. "If it breaks we can ask my dad to fix it." he offered. "My dad is good at fixing things," he offered. Charlie knew his dad was the greatest guy ever, of course, he could fix it. He walked a little closer, looking at the scooter. "My name is Charlie, by the way," he offered, remembering he was supposed to be polite.

"Would your dad mind? I don't want to bother him or anything." Though, of course, this was just theoretical as his scooter hadn't broken just yet. And it would probably survive just at least a couple more crashes. Or, at least, he hoped so. But the he had the boy's name and he grinned, "Nice one, Charlie! I'm Jingyi!"

Charlie laughed. "Of course not, my dad is the best one ever," he replied. "He would totally be able to fix it, no problems," he smiled. His smile only widened when the boy said his name. "It's nice to meet you Jingyi," Charlie held out his hand, smiling brightly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back