Yuletide Once More

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imogen Day

OOC First Name
Emzies
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Wood Rose

Imogen had gotten ready for the Dance as slowly as she could. Immy didn't care much for how she looked she jut didn't want to spend all that much time at a dance she'd be going to alone. Immy had never really cared about who she hung out with. But it would be nice to spend the Dance with a few friends. But then she thought that she might see them at the ball. She might see Lauren, or Vanessa, or Taylor. Any person. Imogen reached over to her bedside table and picked up a necklace which she put on. After a few moments Immy finished with her hair and left the dorm room, Hoping that she might meet someone.

The Dance was already in full swing by the time she arrived. Imogen brushed down edge of her black dress and walked carefully to the table to get some food. Her steps were met by the dulled out sound of her black heeled shoes hitting the stone floor. The music was loud. She didn't know why she'd come, but the blue eyes darted around the room desperately hoping to see someone she might know. The food table was laden with lots of varieties of food, Imogen's pale skinned hand reached out and took a small green apple from a bowl of apples. Immy's comfort food was apples. Not chocolate, she liked the stuff, but she didn't impulsively eat it. Imogen brought the apple to her lips and took a small bite, the deep blue eyes, still darting about the room. Anyone.

[I know that a long time ago we had been meaning for Leia & Immy to become friends so I figured now was a good time to set it up. ^_^ ]

Last year for the Yule Ball Leia had worn something a bit more casual. Her dress had still been 'shiny' and at least semi-casual to please her mother, but Leia had toned it down with a simple white cardigan and, to her mother's horror, sneakers. Once her mother had seen the pictures she made Leia promise to dress better for this dance.

And that's why Leia was dressed one of her mother's designs, a small black strapped dress and worst of all, small black heels. It wasn't that Leia was struggling to walk in them, and she did like the small bit of height it gave her since she was normally so short; but she just wasn't used to them. The one thing she did love and choose herself was her jewelry.

The place was packed almost like sardines with couples and groups of friends and Leia was just looking for any one of her friends but it was much too crowded for her to actually do a detailed look so she soon gave up. The Hufflepuff girl sighed and went over to the food table, the safe place. Leia looked around trying to decide what to get. She reached over for a strawberry just after another girl had gotten an apple. Leia smiled at the girl politely before biting into her strawberry.

Imogen had smiled at a girl who had at the same time as her apple making taken a strawberry. Immy had out of politeness smiled back at the girl. She didn't know her and while this situation would be the best time to make new friends the Gryffindorian was still optimistic about seeing some people she knew. Immy shook her head of these thoughts. She was a Gryffindor and Gryffindors didn't run away from friend making. She was braver than just standing there alone. Her blue eyes glanced back to the girl, alone it seemed as well. This was a good start, she wouldn't be getting in the middle of anything. She swollawed the bit of he apple she was chewing. She pushed a few strands of the blonde hair from her eyes and looked round to the girl once more.

"Your dress is really nice." Imogen said starting the conversation with this girl. "You here with anyone?

Although Leia would've liked for the two of them to start a conversation, she really wasn't expecting it because she figured the girl had her group of friends, or a date, to get back to. So when she heard the girl speaking to her, Leia was pleasantly surprised. The Veela girl did a quick look around to make sure the blonde apple-eating girl was addressing her and turned back to her with a smile.

"Thanks," she replied modestly. "I really like yours too," she replied, her wide brown doe eyes wishing to convey that she really did mean what she had just said. She hoped it hadn't come off as her simply replying the way you were supposed to reply when someone complimented you. It was in her nature as a Hufflepuff to never wanted to offend anyone.

The girl then went on to ask if she was here with anyone and Leia shook her head no. "I don't really know why I came," she admitted. "But I guess I didn't want to miss out or something," the Veela girl shrugged, deciding that that was the reason she continued to attend these functions alone, which weren't all that bad in the end.

[ Hey people, mind if I join in? :) ]

Cyril strode into the Dance Hall in his dress robes made from silk and coloured maroon and trimmed around the edges with black leather. He kept his dress robes unbuttoned, so they looked more like a coat that hung around him, while inside you could see a plain white shirt with lace around the collars, and a pair of dark black pants held on by a belt with some leather boots. Cyril had gelled his hair in a disarray around his head, projecting an aura of casual elegance. The dance was in full swing, and Cyril thought to himself, it seems like I've entered at the correct time.. He didn't want to enter while the room was empty, it'd draw too much attention to himself.

Walking inconspicuously through the crowd, he felt the heads of a few girls turn his way - Mistaking him for maybe a fourth or fifth year. People said that he matured faster than orders. Arriving at the head of the food table, he studied the food that was laid before him. He didn't want to eat something too heavy, for he might not be able to dance if he were to find a partner later on, so instead he picked up a nice, shiny red apple.

He took a bite into it and chewed it slowly, indifferently scanning the crowd for a familiar face. There was a girl eating an apple too - Although it was green. A contrast, it seemed, as many of the other students around them pigged on the delicacies laid on the tables. The blonde was talking to another brunette, who was definitely attractive, but what piqued Cyril's attention was that the girl felt familiar to him. As if her knew her already.

Cyril unconsciously took a few steps closer, thinking that it would help him remember her if he had a closer look of her. He took another bite of an apple.

[Don't mind at all]

Imogen gave a little curt nod of her head at the compliment. She knew that it was politeness to return a compliment and while the girls dress was nice, Imogen had said it purely as a conversation starter. She took a small bite into the apple she was eating. One thing was for sure, Hogwarts grew good apples. They were truly amazing. Immy looked up from the apple and nodded along with the girl. Imogen was glad that she wasn't the only one here alone. The reasons the girl had, was also the same. Imogen out the corner of her eyes noticed a boy come towards him. She ignored him, not recognizing who he might be. She looked back at the girl and nodded her head again. metaphorically

"I'm with no one either, but came like you to not miss out. I'm Imogen, by the way. We're in some of the same classes, I'm sure"
Imogen said, thinking slightly while giving a friendly smile to the girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back