Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
pansexual
Wand
Knotted 13" Rigid Redwood Wand with Fwooper Feather Core
Unlike with Halloween, Norton this time had done his research, he had decided what he was going to wear and made sure it suited what the event was for. It was a little big on him, and he had hopeless tried to make his hair sit properly, but he was so ready for this evening. Norton had never attended a Ball before. He had been to kids parties, but this was a BALL, it was so much more than what he was used to. The young hufflepuff practically bounced into the room and glanced at everything around him, for the briefest moment, he thought about how much his mother would’ve loved to see this sight, he thought to go write a letter and tell her until he remembered. Nortie pushed those thoughts out of his mind, she was here with him, she was seeing it with him of course, he focused instead on absorbing all the little magical things that he could see within this room. Focusing on how amazing it all was. He didn’t even think to look for people he knew, he just stood in wonder at the magic before him, and hoped one day he could do the same sort of magic that helped create this just wonderful sight. Maybe he’d run into Gilly during this ball, but he would be happy spending the time looking at it, no matter how keen he was on dancing.

In the days leading up to the Yule Ball, Gideon's mother had sent he and his siblings their formal outfits to wear at the event. Apparently, she thought to buy both himself and his brother the exact same suit, as if that was the most original thing to do with twins and triplets, of which there were already too many of at the school. In an effort to not match his brother, Gideon spent the good part of an hour staining his formerly white shirt in black ink, which had, at the time, seemed like a good idea. It was only now that he was at the ball and wearing the shirt that he realised just how terrible his decision had been. Every time he reached for something, his sleeves were pulled back enough to show the skin underneath had become similarly stained. He could only imagine the rest of his torso was very much the same. It was going to be a nightmare to wash out.

Trying to avoid moving his arms and shoulders around too much, Gideon walked awkwardly around the Great Hall, keeping an eye out for anyone he knew, or even a house elf who could undo his mistake. After a minute of searching, the Gryffindor spotted his friend's brother, whom he'd only really seen in passing. If memory served, he'd been one of the unfortunates at the cockroach cupcake stall. "Hey hey, Norton! Have you seen your sister around?"

Norton was so excited about this ball, he didn't realise someone was walking over to him, so much so the voice startled him slightly. He looked round to the guy and frowned a little, did he know his twin sister. Sure, during their time at Hogwarts any time spent together hadn't been filled with talking about their friends, but more about general life at school, so he wondered who this boy was to his sister, but in all honestly he hadn't even seen her, "I haven't," he replied, "I just got here!" he then further explained, he didn't really know this boy well, of course recognising him from the few classes he shared with him but still not all that well. The hufflepuff still kept his gaze on him before smiling brightly, if this guy was a friend of his twin then of course he could be friends with him, "What's your name? I can't remember it, I'm sure Gilly mentioned it, but there are so many new things that I need to learn it'll have gone straight out of my head," Norton asked keen to learn a little more about the boy, "Do you want help looking for Gilly? She might be around, I'm not sure if she came to this event," Norton hoped that she had even just to spend a few minutes with her during this school dance, there would be plenty more but this was their first year, plus if he helped this boy find Gilly that would be even better.

"Aw, damn." Gideon responded, a little disappointed. Now who would he get to hang out with? Elijah had gotten himself a little girlfriend, so if worse came to worse, he'd go and poke fun at him with Morrigan for something to do. She was no doubt fawning over the fairies on the Yuletide tree if he wanted to find her. Fidgeting with his cuff for a moment, he looked back up at Norton and smiled. "I'm Gideon. Or Giddy. Sort of like Gilly if you think about it?" He beamed, holding his hand out for the other boy to shake. He was almost going to agree with him on how much they were learning already, but he quickly remembered their situations were entirely different, judging from how Gilly hadn't believed in mermaids. Crazy. "Yeah! I'd love the help. She'd be mad to miss out on a ball. I thought they were for princes and princesses, or really rich people. It's pretty cool right?" The Gryffindor had never been to a dance before. Youth discos were the best he'd gotten, but they were nothing compared to this.

Nortie was curious about this boy, he was at least pleased that his sister had at least one friend. He was sure that she had so many friends and he was happy that she had a few, it was a rather good, he was of course always concerned about his sister, he wanted her to be fine, for her to do well, for her to be okay. The boy was pretty happy to meet him, Gideon, or Giddy which was like Gilly, "IT IS!" he agreed excitedly, he definitely thought of it as similar. He couldn't help but also agree that his twin would be crazy to miss out on a ball, to miss out on this most amazing experience. He could see that she might, that she might not want to attend something like this. If they'd been sorted into the same house, then they wouldn't be having this issue, Norton would've dragged Gilly to it, but they weren't so of course he couldn't. Norton hadn't thought the ball would be like that, he'd imagined it like a movie thing, or famous people, though perhaps that did include rich people or royalty, "It's amazing, I've never been to a ball before, all my school had were dances and those were nothing compared to this," he told the other boy, "Are you a slytherin like Gilly?' Norton asked, "I'm a hufflepuff, maybe Gilly mentioned it, maybe she didn't,"

Talking with Gilly's brother was surprisingly casual and more enjoyable than Gideon had thought it would end up being. When it came to siblings, people tended to be friends with one or the other, not usually both. Though most siblings weren't in the same year. Ok, well, statistically that apparently wasn't true here, where they had a lot of twins, and triplets, and quadruplets, and secret siblings that no one found out about until fourth year. Hogwarts was weird. Gideon for one wasn't friends with any of the people Elijah or Morrigan hung out with, though admittedly he wasn't so sure who they both knew, but he thought Norton was pretty chill. He didn't want to be stereotypical, but with the other boy's friendly enthusiasm, he could have guessed he was a Hufflepuff before he said so. "No no, I'm a lion." Giddy responded to the question of his house, flexing his, well, arm. Muscles weren't exactly one of his prominent features. "I'd hate to be in those Dungeons. Calling it a "dungeon" is weird. Why isn't it just a basement? Dungeon makes me think of skeletons and shackles. I dunno. Just not something I thought they'd have at school."

Please forgive me but he's a troublemaker :r
Calvin Taylor had never attended a Yule Ball before, though he couldn't care less about it. All he wanted to do was stay in his dorm but of course everyone was going and he wondered if Sybil was. Probably not, neither Calvin nor Sybil were the types of people to dance. It seemed lame to the Gryffindor. Maybe if he went he could 'meet' people or what he referred to it as annoying them. The first year didn't bother to dress up for this sort of thing, he didn't even own any fancy clothes and did not mind in the least. So when he arrived to the great hall, all he was wearing was a pair of jeans and an old t-shirt, with a hoodie over it. At least to him it was better than all the elegance he was seeing in front of him. He rolled his eyes and made his way to the food because that seemed to be the only nice thing here, so far. However, when he was about to take a sip from his cup filled with juice, he didn't realise that there were this many people. The result was, he could hear every single word of the conversation. Calvin turned around and stared at one of the boys. "Gilly sure is a funny name," he accused coldly. He still hadn't taken a sip of his juice, forgetting he was holding it. "You're in my dorm, aren't you?" he said to the second boy who'd very clearly stated he was a Gryffindor just like Calvin. This was going to be fun.​

The young boy was rather excited to meet a gryffindor, he had only really met them in classes, his interactions with them were limited, though his interactions with most outside of hufflepuff and slytherin were pretty limited. He paused to think about Giddy's question, it didn't make much sense to call it a dungeon sure, it was just a basement, but perhaps it had something to do with the fact this was no mere house or school, "It's a castle," he said, "Isn't that why it gets that name? After all, why is this called the great hall, when really it's just the dinning room," Norton replied almost thinking out loud as to why it would have one name and not another. There would be a reason for it, and he was sure it probably had something to do with how the school was built, after all, he didn't know of any muggle school that were in castles! He did think about the pathway to the dungeons as someone walked up to them both and commented on his twin sister's name, "Be sure to say that in front of Gilly if you ever meet her, then you'll see just how funny she finds it!" he told the boy in a light tone, knowing that Gilly definitely didn't like it, and she was sure to probably do something to this boy upon that, but he thought the boy deserved it for trying to make fun of his sister. Norton was not a mean person but he was an exceedingly loyal twin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back