Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Knotted 14 1/2 Inch Flexible Willow Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
Willow headed down to the great hall. she was looking forward to the yule ball. it would be a fun night. she had found a couple of dresses in a muggle second-hand shop and after debating about them she had decided to go with the orange one. she had then spent the afternoon with her dormmates getting ready experimenting with some makeup she had brought to put some fun colours to her face.
She headed down to the hall and looked around. it looked amazing all blues and whites with snow falling from the ceiling and melting before they reached them. all of this gave the room a magical winter wonderland feel, a feeling that was in stark contrast to her red, orange and yellow colours.
she listened to the headmistress open the feast, it would go until midnight. she looked around trying to see some of her friends. but she couldn't see any of them nearby and she wasn't tall enough to see over the other student's heads. As the music began to play she made her way onto the dancefloor and starting to dance. not caring that she was on her own, she was sure that she would see someone she knew or meet someone new soon.

Mazikeen stepped into the great hall, letting go of the dress she'd been holding up to be able to walk without tripping down the stairs. The girl looked around the room, she didn't have any plans to meet anyone and was hoping that she got the opportunity to spend the time with someone. Mazikeen would have fun on her own, but it was always more fun when she could be around others. The gryffindor made her way out to the dance floor and began just dancing, she didn't need to be with anyone else to have fun, and she liked to dance during these nights. Her gaze however shifted and she spotted a girl she shared a dorm with. Willow or something. Mazikeen didn't know her personally, but she knew her because of the dorm room that they shared. Maze grinned happily at the other and went to dance with her, "Hey!" she exclaimed loudly over the music, "You're Willow right, in Gryffindor with me?" she asked still loudly to ensure the other girl would hear her over the music. Mazikeen was certain of who this girl was, well, certain that it was someone that Maze was dormmates with. "I'm Mazikeen or Maze!" she held out her hand to the other girl, there was still a small dance in her step, but she was hoping to get to know this girl and spend time having fun with her.

the music playing was a rather upbeat track and willow was having fun dancing. she still kept an eye out for friends as whilst it was fun to dance it would be more fun to dance with a friend. After a few minutes, she saw maze one of her dorm mates nearby. Even though they had spent the last year and a half in the same dorm they certainly weren't close friends but that was not something that needed to stay that way. she started making her way over to the girl who seemed to be doing the same thing in her direction. "hey maze. you look great" she said. the girl was in a long floral dress something that she had not expected the blonde girl to wear though not for any particular reason. "and yeah that is me your roommate Willow Luna Cullen" she said introducing herself. and taking the girls hand that was offered. she didn't shake it. but instead carried on dancing dragging it along as she moved. for a few beats before loosening her grip to allow maze to let go if she wanted to or to keep dancing linked.

Mazikeen smiled fondly at her dress and then at the girl when she complimented her, "Aww thanks! I like your make-up, it's very bold!" she returned the compliment but was mostly just really happy with the compliment that had been paid to her, she struggled to find nice clothes for these events and never thought she looked that good in comparison with others, but to be told it was nice by a roommate was a great confidence boaster. She was also glad she had the name right, though instead of shaking her hand, the girl, Willow took it and began to dance with her. "it's great to really meet you," Maze replied excitedly and she didn't make any motion to let go of the other girl's hand as they danced, in fact it was quite fun to dance with someone like that. She could definitely understand why she'd seen others do it because it was very fun. The gryffindor was grinning and enjoying herself like she hadn't in a while, the studying had really bogged down her time and she was happier now to just be able to dance about and have a great time. "You're a really good dancer Willow!" Maze complimented as one song died down for another to start in it's place, she felt bad for never having reached out to this other girl who was clearly a lot of fun, but it was better now than never she supposed.

"thanks" willow said when maze complimented her on her makeup. she wasn't sure if she felt particularly bold, at least not all the time. but tonight she felt a little more so, maybe it was the make-up a sort of fake it until you make it kind of scenario.
The music played on and Willow enjoyed herself. "it is great to actually meet you properly and not just passing in the dorm" she said.
Willow enjoyed the dancing as the song moved onto the next. in the pause between the two she heard maze say that he was a good dancer "Not really, this is more swaying in time to the music than fill on dancing. I just have practice picking up beats and melodies" she said. she was trying to remember if maze had been one of the girls who had come into the dorm when she had been practising the guitar in the dorms. probably she had been walked in on enough times. but she wasn't sure. she had now found a couple of new places such as a little alcove on the transfiguration corridor, and a hollow near the base of the castle at the cliffs just to name a couple of them.
they kept dancing through the next song another upbeat one that she recognised from the wizarding radio but wasn't able to put a name to. as that one came to an end the next song was slower and didn't have as much of a beat. "did you want to get a drink or something to eat" Willow said to her friend all that dancing was thirsty work and she would not say no a couple of pigs in blankets or a mince pie.

Mazikeen nodded at what she said, it was great to meet her properly and not just in passing in the dorms or in passing in the classes they had together. It was odd to think she might've gone longer without getting to know the other girl just because they didn't hang out outside of class. Maze vowed then to make sure she always tried to get to know the other people in the dorm, make sure she had introduced herself formally to all of the girls by the end of the year. At the very least give it her best shot. The gryffindor was surprised in their dancing that Willow didn't think she was good at it. It was maybe just how she described it, but it didn't matter, "You're still good at it Willow!" the girl assured her, and they continued to dance until the following song had a slower beat and was maybe more for the actual couples in the room, Maze therefore believe that Willow would probably just walk away and find others, but not really, at the offer she nodded, "A drink sounds great!" Mazikeen exclaimed since all of the dancing had been thirsty work. She thought about what the girl had said about the dancing, "Do you play an instrument then? Which is why you have practicing picking up beats and stuff?" Maze wanted to get to know the other girl, and the slow songs and break in the dancing was the perfect opportunity to.

willow smiled. it wasn't often that someone said she was good at something she couldn't help herself but smile a wide and easy natural smile. "thank you. you are pretty good yourself" she said letting a wave go from her free hand through her to maze. They started walking over to the drinks table. "I hope that they have glogg" she said. thinking about the Christmas drinks that her farmor made around Christmas time. she wasn't expecting an actual glogg as that was alcoholic but there was something about warm spiced drinks that screamed christmas.
When maze asked if she played an instrument she felt herself blush. she was slightly self-conscious about it especially here in the magical world but after her conversation with fleur, she didn't feel so uncomfortable about it. "yeah, sometimes. it is my guitar that is sometimes left lying around in the dorm" she said still blushing a bit. she still was getting used to talking about it. By now they had reached the drinks table and she saw a jug of drink pale brown drink with some recognisable spices in it, cinnamon sticks and star anise, and cloves. she got herself a glass and filled it. "mmm mulled apple, that is better than glogg you have to try some" she said. non-alcoholic glogg was okay, but she prefered it when her farmor used apple juice instead of grape. she filled another glass and handed it to her friend. "What do you enjoy doing maze" she asked wanting to know a bit more about the girl who she had hardly spoken to despite sharing a room with for the last two years.

OOCOut of Character:
glogg: mulled wine, farmor: grandmother on her dads side (literally dads mum)

Maze didn’t think she had particularly earned the compliment but she was glad to get one. It was pretty nice as a feeling and she felt her own smile soften and grow, wider and happier than before an expression of her own happiness not often truly expressed unless she was with any of her friends, or her best friend, Athena. This girl was great fun though, and she could feel herself really enjoying the time they spent dancing. She nodded in agreement about the drinks, but took up a glass of butterbeer, since she noticed that first. Mazikeen listened to her response, ”Oh, that’s yours? I had wondered,” Maze replied, she had noticed the guitar but hadn’t ever figured it was hers, it could’ve just always founds its way to her, or been someone elses and she’d just been constantly borrowing it. She held up her cup of butterbeer, ”Next drink I will!” she assured the other girl before taking a sip. The question that followed had likely been a given but Maze smiled, ”Nothing as exciting as playing an instrument, but I like dancing and having fun, being outside, you know,” Mazikeen didn’t have specific hobbies like this girl did, but she did do things with her time. It was always however in the name of fun. She knew that she could take up hobbies in school and decided she could talk about those, ”I’d really like to do the duelling, I think we can start doing that this year, that’ll be something different and fun!” Maze did love the spell casting aspect of class, so she would like that more.

Athena was a bit late to the party, because she had spend lots of time at her looks. She had been looking at Evelyn her dress for a long time and gave her compliments. Athena loved the dress of her cousin and thought it was a great design. She herself wore a design of her mothers. Ofcourse her mother wanted her to wear something from her own company. But Athena wanted to have a say in it still. She had chosen for a red dress and it supported her house she figured. She went by herself but would meet up with friends there. Mazikeen would probably be waiting at her. She hoped the girl made fun herself, but was sure of that. She had never met such a social person other than Evelyn like Mazikeen. Athena walked further and smiled as she saw some Gryffindor students that she passed by. Than she saw a blonde girl and smiled when she noticed it was her best friend. Athena walked over to her and saw she was chatting to one of their roommates. Athena was pretty good with names so she knew who the girl was, but hadn't spoken that much to her. '' Hi girls!'' she said friendly and smiled bright. She looked at the two girls and waited for a moment when their conversation had a moment of silence. '' Where were you talking about?'' Athena asked to the girls and hoped the girls wouldn't mind. She knew Mazikeen wouldn't but perhaps Willow did.

willow nodded as maze said she had wondered who's it was "yeah, sorry for leaving it lying around" she said. most of the days she would put it away in the back of her wardrobe but some times she forgot, she did have a tendency to leave things lying about. not too messy but just the odd thing here and there.
the redhead hadn't noticed maze pick up the butterbeer. and she was left standing with two glasses of apple glogg. "Dancing and having fun outside sounds like good fun, I bet it is sometimes more fun than playing an instrument. and the duelling tournament does sound like fun. are you going to sign up?" she asked. she was planning to. she wasn't top in class or anything but dulling did sounds like fun.
just then they were joined by another girl. Athena who also shared their dorm. "Hey Athena. nice dress very Gryffindor" she said, she had vaguely considered a red dress but was now glad that she had not bought it as athenas' dress was nicer and it would look weird if they were both in the same colour and similar style. "would you like some apple glogg I have somehow ended up with two" she said offering the girl the spare glass. "we were just talking about hobbies and the duelling tournament, were you going to enter?" she said happy to be making further aquatences with some another of her dorm mates.

((the name glogg is the same in danish and Norwegian. willow isn't Norwegian but her grandmother whilst she doesn't speak the language she knows the odd name of things especially foods))

Mazikeen shrugged at Willow, ”I don’t mind,” she told her sincerely. Since Mazikeen didn’t mind much at all, she had never been one to be bothered by mess so the guitar laying about had been of no issue to her. She liked seeing it about the place, she had felt a little jealous of whomever could play it but that was all. She gave a small sorry expression noting the two drinks in the girl’s hands when she already had the butterbeer in her own. Clearly the girl had been keen for her to try the drink. She felt the need to finish the butterbeer quickly so that she could try this other drink that was being offered to her. She nodded at the question, ”Oh definitely, I don’t think I’ll win, but I want to try,” Mazikeen was very clearly excited about the prospect of the duelling, they hadn’t used their magic for much more than classes so far which was a pity, but she was looking forward to the opportunity that would come really soon. Maze had been about to say more when one of her closest friends at the school joined them, she gave the other girl a bright smile, ”Athena! Hi!” she said excitedly to the girl, nodding in agreement to what Willow said about her dress, ”It is very gryffindor,” mazikeen smiled as Willow explained what they were talking about, ”As soon as I finish this butterbeer, I’ll take it, if Athena doesn’t,” Maze smiled between the girls, ”I’m definitely signing up for it, you both should think about it too, it’ll probably be good fun,”

Athena wasn't that aware of boys yet as she knew her cousin Evelyn was. But she was way older ofcourse. Athena mostly thought of boys as nice to hang out with and stuff. She liked hanging ou with Jacob for example. He was nice to her and she enjoyed cheering for him at the Quidditch Game. But Athena also liked hanging out with girls and getting to know her roommates even better. When Willow greeted her and complimented her she smiled bright. The blonde spend some time at her looks and liked that. It was something that she learned from her mother and that was kind of advice for her. '' Hi Willow! Thanks. It is right! I kind of like red.'' Athena said with a grin. Before even getting sorted into Gryffindor the blonde always liked red. She also liked red roses the most. She looked at the offer from Willow and smiled. '' Sure! Thanks.'' The blonde took the glogg from Willow and thought it was nice of her. Athena had heard of the duelling tournament but she wasn't really into that. Not in doing it herself at least, looking at it was exciting. When her best friend greeted her Athena smiled back at Mazikeen. The blonde loved to spend time with her and was glad to see she was talking to Willow one of their roommates. She laughed about the comment that it's very Gryffindor. '' Well you know me. All house spirit. It was me that you heard screaming at the Quidditch game.'' The blonde said with a grin. She loved being in Gryffindor and was all house spirit. Athena hoped that they could compete with Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw to the house cup. Slytherin seemed to stay a bit behind, so she hoped that stayed. '' Duelling? It's not really my thing. But I come cheer for you ofcourse!'' Athena said friendly to Mazikeen. She would sure be there for her friend. Athena than looked at Willow. '' What about you? Are you in to duelling?'' She asked curiously.

"we are second years. it would take a miracle for us to win, but the practice would be good. and what is more fun than sending spells at someone on the other side of the room for points, especially if they are from a different house" she said smiling cheekily willow nodded when Athena said she loved red. red was also her favourite colour. not that you could tell from the colour of her hair which was now slightly more ginger than the pillar box red it had been in the first year. Willow was also glad when Athena had taken the spare drink off her. "thank's I hope that you like it the mix of spices in it taste like Christmas" she said.
as the conversation turned back to hobbies she nodded. "so you were the one drowning out the crowd" she said joking a little. "those matches were incredible. the poor seekers were beeing beaten half to death by the bludgers" she said. she had watched the games and also been cheering for her house team. she was a little surprised to learn that whilst maze was keen about duelling Athena was not so sure. she thought it would have been almost the epitome of Gryffindor traits. "I am totally going to sign up. it should be fun. I have been practising a little with the SDA" she said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back