Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Dan ♡
Wand
Straight 12 1/2 Inch Unyielding Dogwood Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
The fact that once a year every year the school held a Yule Ball made Charlotte Owens excited. She had never been to a ball before and this year Charlotte was definitely eager to check it out. She hadn't planned to go with anyone but asked her mother to send her a dress that she could wear for it. She knew that everyone was going to get dressed up and look pretty and Charlotte didn't want to be left out. Standing in front of the full length mirror in her dormitory, Charlotte admired her appearance. The dress was white and splashed with colour that portrayed her personality greatly. She knew that she'd have to thank her mother later but now found herself walking towards the great hall, eager to step inside.

The great hall had definitely changed its appearance from the last time Charlotte had been inside it. The long four tables in which the students and professors ate their meals were pushed aside to make way for dancing and she smiled as she saw the band playing music on stage. There was a single table on the side that was covered in different kinds of sweets. It also appeared to look like it was snowing and Charlotte was beginning to wonder if it was infact summer outside. She watched as everyone began dancing and stood to the side, looking around to see if she could find anyone she knew. She didn't know that many people and was unsure if half the people she knew were even going to be there but at least she was still able to be there for experience.

How many of these gatherings did Hogwarts host? The Halloween feast had been just the other week yet here they were again, in a different kind of fancy dress. Hemi felt weird in his brand new fitted dress robes which a lot of galleons had been spent on, a look which suited him far better than his female Halloween costume had.

He arrived in the Great Hall and stood at the entrance admiring the decorations and scanning for who he was going to talk to first. That's when he spotted an accomplice of his, Charlotte Owens. It took a moment to recognise her as all the girls looked so different dressed up.

She looked lonely standing to the side of the dance floor by herself. Hemi walked over to keep her company. He smiled, "Hey! You look nice" He commented, "Would you like to dance?" Hemi hated dancing but he made exceptions for special occasions.

Just about when Charlotte was about to give up looking for somebody and leave to find something else to do, she noticed Hemi walking towards her. He complimented her appearance and she smiled at him. "Thanks! My mother bought be this dress! Isn't it beautiful!?" she replied, spinning around so Hemi could have a proper look. "I never usually wear dresses but I guess the Yule Ball is special enough for me to wear one. I don't even know if I'm ever going to wear this dress again." She chuckled at the thought, feeling kind of guilty. She'd probably have to wear it around the house or something in front of her mother so she didn't feel so upset.

"Yes! I would love to dance!" Charlotte exclaimed when Hemi suggested they start doing what most people were doing. She took his hand and walked over to the dance floor, glad that she was able to find someone to dance with quite easily. "Have you ever danced before? I've never been to a ball before so I haven't really done something like this. I'm not the best at dancing." She looked to the ground and felt her face heat up. She didn't want Hemi to feel bad because she couldn't dance. What if he became embarrassed and walked away? Negative thoughts were telling her to give up and walk away but Charlotte stayed put and gave Hemi another smile. Things were going to be fine.

In all honesty, Hemi had no opinion on the dress itself, he didn't really know what made a dress beautiful but Charlotte looked nice in it and that was enough for him to conclude that it was a nice dress. He nodded in agreement, "Well I don't think I would notice if you wore it again." Hemi said, pulling a face, he wasn't sure if that was a strange thing to say or not. It was the nerves, he wasn't used to these events and he had just spontaneously asked a girl to dance when he didn't know how to dance, not mature ball dancing at least. He was only familiar to mad, jumping around dancing at kids parties. He was good at that sort of dancing.

He let Charlotte lead him to the centre of the dance floor and he took note of how the other boys were dancing. They were holding the girls waist, was Hemi expected to do the same? He shrugged, "Uh no, I've never danced like this before, but how hard can it be?" His fingers hovered near Charlotte's waist but he didn't touch it, he had no idea what he was doing and was wayyyyyy out of his comfort zone.

Charlotte watched as Hemi awkwardly hovered his hand over her waist. Sighing, she took his hand and put it there for him. If he didn't want to dance with her then he could just say so. "Looking at everyone, it doesn't seem hard at all! But I guess it's probably harder than it looks." she said, putting her arms around his neck like all the other girls were doing to their partner. In all honesty, Charlotte felt quite uncomfortable and awkwardly tried to sway back and forth with the music but she was eager to make the both of them feel comfortable.

"Come on, dance with the music!" she said encouragingly, trying to loosen herself up a bit more. They were only twelve year olds so it shouldn't be very awkward at all. All they had to do was pretend no one was watching. Charlotte really wanted to enjoy her first Yule Ball and was very happy to be spending it with someone she knew if only they both knew how to feel more comfortable around each other.

Hogwarts definitely knew how to throw amazing festive events. Halloween was amazing, and the Yule Ball promised to be in the same vein. Maddie loved parties, she only wished she could have gone to the Yule Ball with her friends, they hadn't organised it that well, they decided to just show up and then find each other. But that was hard, the hall was very full and Maddie being so small, she couldn't see over the crowd to find her friends. It was her own fault though, she was late. It took her a long time to get ready. She didn't know why, she wasn't trying to impress anyone. But you may as well go all out when you can and this ball definitely called for that.

She decided to stand in the corner of the room, facing the dance floor, hoping she would see one of her friends soon. They had to come out eventually for food and stuff. Right? Maddie mindlessly swayed on the spot while trying to spot her friends, many students looked at her in patronising ways. They obviously thought she was here alone. She did look a bit pathetic dancing on her own, Maddie thought.

The crowd was dispersing and Maddie saw two of her friends right in the middle of the dance floor. "Finally!" she thought, she felt very stupid standing by the wall on her own. Before she walked over to them however, she just watched them and giggled to herself. Hemi had no idea what he was doing and he looked quite silly, she saw Charlotte grab his hands and put them on her waist. Maddie almost doubled up from laughing so much. They looked so uncomfortable! She decided she would step in now and try and diffuse the awkward tension, she hoped they would be thankful for the interruption, or happy to see her at least.

She tapped on Charlotte's shoulder "Hey guys, mind if I step in?" she giggled. "You both looked terribly into the dancing I didn't want to intrude!"

Oh thank Merlin Maddie had come to rescue Hemi from whatever he was doing. Honestly, he had asked a girl to dance when he had no idea how to dance himself and he was making a fool of himself.

He gave Maddie a thankful smile, she was his friend and always welcome. He opened to form a circle. "Sod what everyone else is doing. Let's do our own thing." He started swaying his hips, to the music, it would look out of place anywhere else, but this was the dance floor. "We should start a party train."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back