"You're my Crankypants."

Austiin Hayes

OOC First Name
Tenilee!
Wand
Ebony Wand 15 Essence of Phoenix Talon
Austiin sighed as he slipped his wand up his sleeve. He was already considering just going back home, mainly because the area he was currently in wasn't quite up to his standards. The animagus couldn't help but continually look over his shoulder, just in case some muggle was going to stupidly attempt to mug him. It was in their name after all. Turning the corner, Austiin looked up at the apartment that Cameron was apparently staying in. He felt like just lying on the ground and dying. He couldn't believe he was going to go in, this place was a total dump. The wizard could feel his breakfast trying to come up. With a quick intake of air, Austiin entered the building and nodded to the man behind a counter. He looked like he couldn't be bothered being there, and Austiin was sure that his own posture was saying the same thing, except his hair wasn't receding, nor was he wearing a disgusting singlet that was probably four sizes too small. When the man said what Austiin was sure was a greeting, he nodded and smiled slightly, moving over to where he would be able to buzz the apartment Cameron was staying in.

"Cameron?" He called, reluctantly touching the button with his finger. He frowned when there was no reply. "Cameron, I know you're up there. Answer me." There was still no reply and Austiin was getting tired of touching the button, so he just decided to walk into one of the elevators and walk to the front of Cameron's door. "This place is just getting worse and worse." He muttered quietly, looking around the hallway that looked like it needed to be torn down completely and just rebuilt. He knocked on the door. "Cameron?" There was no reply, but he was sure he heard something moving behind the door. "Cameron, please let me in." There was still no reply. Austin scowled slightly and sighed. Checking that he was alone, Austiin pulled out his wand and unlocked the door. If Cameron wasn't going to open the door for him, he'd open it himself. Austiin looked around the room in utter shock. There, right in front of him was possibly Cameron's whole apartment, in one room. A room that was possibly smaller than Austiin's bathroom. It was truly shocking. "Cameron? We need to talk." He stated, clearing off the bed and sitting on it. Usually he would have sat on a lounge or something, but considering that there was no lounge, the hideous bed would have to do.

Cameron Freedman was not happy with his present situation. It was not like he was happy that he had walked out on Austiin just under a year ago, but at the time he saw it as the only option. He had been so angry at that moment, he had no other way of expressing his anger except cursing Alexia and Austiin in French and apparating away. What they had done to him was inexcusable. He had no words to even express how he felt. Even now, as he sat on the bed in his rather rundown apartment, eating timtams and watching a corny soap opera, he was unable to entirely gather his feelings. He just couldn't comprehend, sometimes, why his (ex) boyfriend and (ex) friend would have betrayed him like that. Admittedly he held Alexia to a higher responsibilty level, everyone knew what Austiin was like when he was drunk. He was very flirty. That was practically how Austiin and Cameron had gotten together in the first place. Went out for drinks, ended up in bed together the next day. The only people who were actually surprised by this was themselves. Everyone else had apparently been expecting it. Something that to this day, still confused Cameron. He hadn't even known that he had feelings for Austiin until a few weeks later. So why everyone else knew was beyond him. He shook his head and turned the television off, throwing the now empty packet of tim tams into the waste basket in front of the tv. He put his head in his hands and slipped on his leather jacket, getting ready to leave for work in half an hour. However, just as he reached for his door, he heard his buzzer and walked over. After hearing a voice he had not heard in what felt like a lifetime, Cameron frowned. Great! He f*cking found me! Cam backed away from the buzzer and sat back on his bed, glaring at the voice of his former lover. He had no idea how Austiin had found him. Obviously Abby had given him up, that traitor. She was the worst bestfriend in the world. The absolute worst!

Soon the voice went away and Cam thought he was in the clear, that was until he heard a knock at the door. He cursed under his breath and quickly ran from his bed, looking for somewhere he could hide. The bathroom was the first place he could think of to go. He quickly ran into the bathroom, and sat in the bathtub, locking the door behind him. He heard his door unlock and and he pulled the curtain shut, not for any particular reason, but more so to put more space between him and his (ex) lover. He heard no noise for a few minutes before Austiin finally announced that they, 'needed to talk'. He rolled his eyes. Really? He was waiting until now to come and find him and talk to him. Like hell! He sunk down lower in the bath and shook his head. "Like hell we do! Go away!" He called, glowering over his shoulder at the door. He didn't want Austiin to be here right now. He just wanted to be alone in his stupid, ugly, orange, little apartment. He had moved her for a reason. Now he was going to have to move again, and he was NOT telling Abby where he had moved too. She had betrayed him one, she would likely do it again. Traitor!​

Austiin could feel a small headache coming and and he wasn't a fan of it, at all. Cameron was clearly overreacting. It was a mistake and he had apologised, it wasn't like he could take everything back, so an apologise should have been enough. Apparently it wasn't and it seemed that after all this time, Cam was still angry about it. He wasn't sure what he was supposed to do. What did Cameron expect? with a sigh, Austiin looked at the only place Cameron could be hiding. Behind the only other door (besides the front door) in the room. The bathroom door. He rolled his eyes and lent against the wall. Cameron didn't sound very happy at all, in fact, he was yelling at him in French, which proved that he was very angry. Other than walking away and never interfering with Cameron's life again, Austiin had no idea what was expected of him. In all honesty, Austiin wasn't really one for super long relationships, but he was trying, that was the important part. Right? He didn't want to have to open the door by himself, because he felt that Cameron should at least have the decency to open the door for him and let him try and make everything better. If he was going to lock him out, it wasn't really going to work at all.

Admittedly, Austiin didn't wait very long for a reply and just used magic to open the door. It was a lot simpler and there really wasn't anything Cameron could do about it. He had made the decision to pick the bathroom to hide in, so now he had to suffer the consequences. He was now basically cornered. The first thing Austiin noticed was the curtain around the shower closed. The next thing was the pitiful state the bathroom. It was absolutely horrible, but it wasn't exactly wonderful. He was sure there was some mould in the far right corner, but he couldn't be sure, and he didn't focus on it. He walked up to the curtain and drew it open, finding Cameron sitting in the bath. His attire wasn't exactly welcoming, but Austiin ignored it. He removed his sunglasses and jacket and placed them on the sink, then he climbed into the bath tube and lent against the smooth end of the tube. He was grateful that he didn't have to sit at the tap end, because the worst part of that side was the tap stabbing into your back if you weren't careful. It was also fortunate that the bath tube was rather big, they weren't exactly cramped. "I'm sorry." He stated. He'd already made his apologies, he had no idea what he was meant to do now, because he rarely apologised for his behaviour. "I know you currently hate me, but the least you can do is at least hear me out. It won't kill you."

Cameron wiggled around uncomfortably in the bath tub as he leaned against the tap. Maybe the bath was not the best place too be. He was beginning to think that he maybe did not think this plan through. Hell, it wasn't even a plan! He growled at the irony of this situation and wished he could have a do over. He just knew that he was going to be late to work now. He sighed and sunk even lower into the tub, if that was even possible. He could almost feel Austiin standing at the door. He knew that he was being childish, but Austiin had waited all this time to come and find him and he expected Cameron to be as understanding as he usually was? Well he had decided that enough was enough. Now was his time to be emotional. He never got to be emotional when he was with Austiin. He was usually the strength and frankly he was sick of it. That thing with Alexia had been the last straw. He wasn't even sure what had happened with the pregnancy. Abby had tried to tell him, but every time she went to mention it, he would apparate away. Which was probably what he should have done now, but there was something that kept him from doing so, apart from the fact that he had to be careful when he apparated in case he got a visit from a neighbour, which was likely now that Austiin was here. The only neighbour he had managed to make friends with was the young single mum down the hall whose kids he had babysat more then once whilst she was out working. Usually she was able to get a sitter, but on occcassions when she couldn't, Cameron had offered himself up as a temporary fix. Usually he hated kids, but they were so well behaved, he didn't mind. He had to be realistic though, it wasn't that he hated kids, more that they weren't his own. He had always wanted a child that shared his genes, but being gay, he had never found any way around it. Unless he went out and turned into Austiin. That was impossible though, he just had absolutely no attraction to woman at all. He rolled his eyes and banged his head against the tap, causing the onset of what he was sure was going to be a major headache.

Austiin didn't wait long until he let himself into Cameron's bathroom. How could Cameron have not thought to put a charm on the f*cking bathroom door? Answer? Because he had been living on his own, in a muggle apartment complex for FAR too long. At first Cameron wasn't sure what Austiin was doing, but eventually he was looking into the mesmerising eyes of his once lover, Austiin. He turned away sadly and faced the slightly yellowing wall opposite. No matter how many times Cameron cleaned that damn wall, it always seemed to get a darker yellow then when he had started, he had no idea how or why, but it was very annoying. Cameron then heard the familiar click of the sunglasses he had bought Austiin not long before their breakup hit the sink. If he thought that was going to make this any better, he was more delusional then he had ever been before. It wasn't until Austiin literally sat himself into the tub across from him that Cameron was forced to look at him. Though it was more out of shock then anything else. He was still very angry at Austiin, and now the man was invading his personal space?! Cameron kicked and wiggled slightly, but did not get out of the tub, mostly because Austin was sitting on his feet then any want to stay sitting in the tub. Austiin apologised again, but truthfully, it wasn't Austiin he wanted to hear it from but Alexia. He saw her as the bigger culprit in this matter. He may have been able to forgive Austiin for it being a strange male, or even a female, but the fact that it was one of their closest friends, someone who had been in their little group of four for years. That he just could not forgive. Atleast not yet. "You've already apologised a million times already!" He told him, turning his head away again. He didn't always yell when he was angry. However, he always seemed to speak french when in a state of extreme anger, he was sure it was because his brain would forget that it could speak English. "Don't you think I would have forgiven you if that was the only problem?" He asked, almost willing Austiin to understand, but knowing that he wouldn't. He never had before, so why start now?​

The bathtube seated them both relatively comfortably, but Austiin would have preferred a spa bath, that'd be far more roomy and it'd be nicer, and it could have possibly had bubbly's in it! But he doubted that a place like this would have something as lovely as that. Would a spa bath even fit in the apartment? He doubted it. How could Cameron stay here? How was he doing it? Was this Cameron an imposter? He wasn't even able to stand this place, and he'd been here for a few minutes! Austiin shifted his weight slightly so he didn't end up crushing poor Cameron's feet. That wouldn't help the situation at all. Austiin was finding it extremely hard to understand the situation, as he usually did. Reacting to others feelings appropriately never was his strong point, which was what made him such an interesting person to hang around, since he never reacted the way he was expected to. He nudged Cameron with his foot to get his attention, since the yellowing wall seemed to be grabbing all of the blondes attention. When Cameron finally locked eyes with him, he forced a smile in an attempted to comfort him, but he was sure it probably wouldn't work, the best it would do was get a response out of him. Austiin never was good with faking emotions, because he was usually all too proud to speak his mind on any subject he wanted to. Cameron kicked and wiggled around, but didn't cause Austiin any discomfort at all, his efforts were futile to say the least.

The first words out of Cameron's mouth were in French and he was once again yelling. Austiin sighed, for once he was being relatively reasonable and level-headed, this was a very rare moment. "I know I have." He replied, still keeping his voice calm and soothing. If it were anyone else, Austiin would have blown up, but he didn't. 'But in all honesty, I have no idea what you want from me. I could have come early, but Abbey was reluctant to tell me where you live." He explained, sensing that Cameron was just super cranky with him right now and he didn't want his mood to escalate, he'd had enough with temper tantrums for a lifetime. When he looked away once again, Austiin nudged him on the foot and stared him down for a while and hopefully he'd manage to see that Austiin was doing everything he could. There was only so much one person that had a total lack of understanding for human emotions could do to make things better. "Look. I don't know what you want me to do to make it all work out wonderfully. But apparently I'm not the only problem. So instead of yelling at me, just tell me what your problem is." He asked, crossing his arms across his chest. "What can be done to make this better?"
OOCOut of Character:
I'm so sorry, I don't know what I was writing. It's edited and hopefully makes more sense. =))

Cameron continued trying to not look at Austiin. He still did love him, that was part of the problem. He had really been hurt by what had happened and he just couldn't accept that it had resulted in children. He sighed and shook his head, looking down at his shirt. It was kind of rude, but that was how he was feeling. Austiin had no right to just show up. It was like he didn't care how Cameron was feeling, he was trying to relieve his own guilt and that was what hurt the most. Austiin had never been in-tune with any-one's feelings before, Cam had thought that he would be more open to his own lover's feelings, but obviously he had been very wrong, like so many times before, Austiin just closed off to any and all vibes. He couldn't believe it. The yellowing wall was mocking him as he turned his head to look at it. His feet were getting kind of sore now though he had to admit. He wished that Austiin would just admit that what he did was wrong. He sighed and attempted to get out of the bath, to no avail. He was going to be late for work if this kept up. He should have let ten minutes ago. "Aus, I need to go..."

Why did he even bother? Austiin shouldn't have even came here, because Cameron was just being absolutely difficult, and here he was trying to make everything better, while Cameron was just making everything difficult. He didn't care anymore. This relationship was finished in his eyes. Cameron failed in getting out of the tub, but Austiin didn't. He pulled on his jacket and put his sunglasses on over his eyes and shield the water that was threatening to reveal just how hurt he was. "Fine, you can stay in this little run-down apartment for the rest of your life." He stated, glaring at Cameron through his sunglasses. "But don't you dare act like I didn't try to fix this, because we both know I did." He was probably getting a little angrier than he normally would. But Austiin wasn't used to having to explain himself, and he had never tried to fix a relationship before, it was all new. "I might not be the greatest person on the planet, but you're being far to difficult for me to even bother with. I have a life to keep together, so I can't spend it trying to make you forgive me. I'm done. You win."

With his rant over, Austin flicked his hair out of his eyes and thought of home. He then apparated away, not letting Cameron say a single word. He didn't care anymore, as he had just said, he was done.

Cameron was in a state that fluxed between shock, anger and humility. Austiin had simply left him again. How dare he make Cameron out to be the bad guy. For f*ck sake, he had waited almost a year to come an apologise and now he wanted Cam to forgive him? Was he serious?! That wasn't how things worked around here! Cameron angrily stood up out of the bathtub and stalked into the main room. He was so angry right now, he didn't think he was going to be very productive at work at all. Who did Austiin think he was, making Cameron feel this way? Making him feel guilty? It wasn't his fault that the cheating had happened. He had nothing to do with it. He could blame only Alexia and Austiin for that one. He kicked the bed and walked out the door, slamming it hard and locking it. Now he was going to be late for work and he was not happy at all. He was going to have to pay him a visit. Most definitely it would not be a social call either.

FIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back