You're my best friend, didn't you know?

Aislinn Langdon

OOC First Name
madz
Aislinn return to school after the holiday's break with nothing really to look toward too. Since she made it nearly impossible to make anything happen outside the towers. It's like she's been stuck there for a whole year and needed some convincing to join the rest of the school. Frankly, she rather stay in the towers for the rest of her time here. Nothing good happen outside those brick stones. She's heard rumors about some of her peers, some flat out outrageous, others having no business to be spewing around. Who could blame her isolation to the school?

Well, isolation got boring and so were the towers. The first night back, she was starving ready to eat dinner with her fellow peers. Except she sat next to someone who she clearly remembered the first year they were sorted. "Look who it is, clearly my best friend who forgot all about me." she announced, to the table. Some looked up, others pay no mind to the girl. It's like Aislinn, to make an introduction. The witch craved attention, sometimes. She rolled those hazel eyes, picking up cup, bringing her lips to savor a drink. "I'm sorry, what was your name again?" she tip over and asked whispering

Ever since she had returned from the holiday Rhiannon had heard her name being whispered when people thought she couldn't hear. apparently what had happened at the ball was not that privet and of course like all schools the rumour mill moved faster than any other means of communication after all who didn't want to know about the third year who was brewing love potion and giving it to classmates. and who didn't want to know about the two twins who both fell for the same girl. the first one was of course a lie, why on earth would she want to brew love potion for any reason other than practice at potions and if she was brewing for that reason why would se pick that particular potion when she had a whole book full of potions with easier obtainable ingredients. in the last few days she had certainly got more than her fair share of attention which was why she was avoiding the crowds, she wasn't hiding as such but avoiding the main bulk of students, eating outside the normal meal times (which was hard for someone with her set timetable to do) studying in club academia instead of the library. this evening however she was hungry and didn't want to wait so she headed to the hall and find a seat on the quiet end of the hufflepuff table. the end where there was actually a few seats. She was half way through her meal when a voice she recognised but hadn't heard in a long time spoke out loud beside her. "Aislinn" she said it was a relief to see a friendly face to be honest.
she watched as the girl filled her cup and take a mouthful of the liquid and then ask her in a whisper what her name was. She wasn't sure if she was serious or not, she was fairly certain she was joking but couldn't be sure. "I'm Rhi. she said smiling "has it really been that long. how are you?" she said. smiling. although she did like Aislinn she couldn't remember talking to her much recently, not since first year really, not out of choice but more out of chance, Aislinn was in the ravenclaw tower and she was in the hufflepuff common room, they didn't have many classes together basically because their paths didn't cross much.

Aislinn stares out, taking in that question seriously. "Has it been that long? I don't know, has it?" she gestured with her hands. Aislinn took a like in the witch, somewhat. On the count she didn't tolerate many of her peers. Fellow housemates, classmates, she'll find a reason not to like you. She's not bitter or prissy whatever they call her around here. She just hated the muck, it's very distasteful.

"Anyroad, how are you? Rhi, I should really write that down. My memory is awful when it comes to names.." she set her cup down, and dug her way into the buffet set in from of them. She can smell the honey ham, garlic mash potatoes, and buttery corn. Delicious feast made fit for a queen. Aislinn made up a plate, and spoke while gathering her food. "Still friends..with that boy I assume? He was so annoying that day we met...I really don't get anyone who would befriend him. Truth be told.."

Rhiannon chuckled as aislinn wondered how long it had been. yeah, it has been a while she said nodding. Rhiannon liked the girl but she did have a slightly forgetful aura to her though it didn't seem like it to begin with. As the girl loaded her plate rhiannon passed her a couple of dishes from the table that were out if reach including the potatoes. As the girl returned her question without answering it it rhiannon nodded. "I am pretty good thank you! I have been busy and it was great to have a proper holiday. How have you been? she said returning the question hoping that this time she would get a proper reply. She listened as she are a few more mouthfuls of her food before it got to cold.
when aislinn asked about perseas she felt herself blush slightly. yes I am still friends with him. well I think I am still friends with him. I haven't spoken to him since the ball she said. Her usual Scottish accent getting stronger an indication what she was feeling a slightly stronger than normal range of emotions, often this happened it was annoyance but today the shift in accent was due to, not embarisment as such, sort of more I certainly on how she should act and maybe a little embarrassment to. Not over what had happened but over the fact she had become a brief star of the rumour mill as she was fairly sure her date with his brother Theseas was common knowledge now. And he rumour that perseas had asked her also doing the rounds with most of the additions to that chain of gossip being untrue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back