OOC First Name
Arle
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Mallory
Atkin was quite enjoying his job at the inn. He was able to move out of his cousins' house as he was provided a room by his employer. Mrs. Gates was a wonderful employer and almost like a mother to him. He was eventually healing, thanks to Ember. He would save up until he got enough to pursue what he wanted to do if he already figured it out. For the meantime, he would stay and work here which was not a problem for him. The man was currently setting up the tables for dinnertime before moving to the bar to wipe the top. He was manning almost everything especially the till when his boss was not yet in.

Last edited:
Mallory was looking for Tyra, having a few questions about the front desk before she began her shift later that evening. She paused as she came into the empty bar, not seeing anyone but a rather handsome looking man behind the counter. She bit her lip, blushing terribly, and stepping up to the bar. She held the straps of her bag nervously. "E-excuse me?" She stammered softly, "I-is um, i-is Tyra here?" She asked, not quiet meeting his eye.

Atkin had finished with the bar and was about to move on to the front desk when a pretty looking brunette caught his attention. Even more, she came over to where he was. Blush colored cheeks and tight hold of the straps suggested she was shy and new to the place. "Hello. Well Tyra isn't here yet.", he glanced to the direction of the door where the woman usually came in. "Are you a guest? I can accomodate you for her." After all, he was tasked to oversee the place in her absence. He was also asked to stay a bit late to train a newcomer to man the front desk in the evening. The person was due to come any minute.

Mallory twisted the strap of her bag nervously, glancing up at him again. "I- n-no, I- I'm Mallory." She introduced herself shyly. "I-I'm her cousin." She took a deep breath, straightening and holding her head a little higher, though her knuckles were white from gripping the bag so hard. "I wanted to talk to her about my s-shift tonight," she was proud she managed to control her stutter, mostly.

Atkin was confused as to why a young girl, cousin or not, was looking for Tyra. And the way she acted, it was like she had never frequented in the place. Judging from what he witnessed during Dani's engagement and wedding, they were open and affectionate with each other. They were comfortable, he had often seen them coming in and out most of the time. But this... Mallory... she was unsure and even shy. He gave her his warm smile when she finally mentioned shifts. "Great, I have been waiting for you." It had been a long time since he was like this energetic in being a guide to someone. The last was with - he shook his head. "I'm Atkin. I act like a...manager? No, too much. Say, your all - around expert.", he chuckled at his own joke. He held out his hand. "Mallory, right?"

Mallory's eyes widened. Atkin? That's right, Tyra had mentioned him being in charge when she was away. She hesitated as he offered his hand, slowly taking hers from the strap of her bag and shaking it briefly, her grip light and cautious. She pulled her hand back just as quickly. "Y-yes. Mallory. Everyone calls me Mal." She offered. "A-atkin, yes?" She questioned.

Atkin merely grasped Mallory's hand when she quickly pulled it back. She's really shy. He just gave her a friendly smile, hoping this would make her comfortable. At her question, he nodded. "Shall we?" he gestured his arm letting her go ahead in the direction of the inn. "I'm pretty sure you'll learn everything easily and quickly. If you have questions, don't be shy to ask me." Once they reached the front desk, he showed her where the records were kept as well as they room keys. For a shy girl, she was a fast learner.

Mallory bit her lip, making her way back to the desk. She listened intently as he explained everything, doing her best to catch on quickly. This job was everything to her. She wanted to make a way on her own, and be closer to her new family. This was how she could accomplish that.

Later that night, Mallory was alone at the desk. She thought she was doing really well so far, everything had run smoothly. At least, until one of the new boys from the maid service stopped in to chat. She only knew he was a new hire because he had been hired right after she was, coming in for his interview as she had been leaving hers.

He was... really rather oblivious to the fact that Mallory wasn't open to his advances. After a little while she ended up pressed against her desk, him looming over her much too close for her liking, gripping the edge of the desk with white fingers. "I-i, no, it's flattering, thank you, but I- I'm not free anytime soon," She tried again, just wishing something would get through to him and make him leave her alone.

Atkin made sure Mallory got everything understood before they finished up and had dinner. Afterward, he bid her goodbye before he made his way upstairs to his room. He planned to rest, get changed and went back downstairs to check on her just as he promised Tyra. Little did he notice that he fell asleep after taking a shower.

It was a good hour when Atkin bolted upright and checked his watch. Rubbing his eyes, he grabbed his jacket and quickly dashed downstairs. Everything seemed quiet as what normal evenings should be. He looked around and that was when he noticed. He heard before he saw. Mallory. He rushed over to where her voice came from. The first thing he noticed was that she was pale from fright as some new guy from the service was hunched over her. Clearly, he was drunk or he was just an a$$. With big strides, the Gryffindor crossed the distance and grabbed the boy by the scruff of the neck. "Get away from her!", he shouted, landing a fist square on the face. The boy fell back and Atkin did not waste time grabbing him again and dragged him to the door. "Don't bother coming back, you're fired!" He would explain this to Tyra but first... "Mallory.", rushing back to her. He picked up his jacket that he dropped on the floor before going over to her.

Last edited:
Mallory jumped when the man was pulled away from her, gasping and hands covering her mouth as Atkin appeared out of nowhere, punching the man. If Mallory could have fallen back further she would have. She didn't really listen to what Atkin did with the man, shaking and trying to pull herself together. Calm down, Mal, don't cry. She chided herself, letting out a shaky breath and swiping at her eyes. "T-thank you," She managed softly when she heard Atkin come over again. "I-I-I'm sorry," She stuttered, slowly pulling her hands from the wood of the desk to wrap her arms around her torso.

Atkin placed his jacket on Mallory's shoulders. "Why are you apologizing? It's not your fault." He fixed the jacket on her small frame. He opened his hand, careful not to crowd her after what just happened. "How about you step away from there for a moment and come with me to the kitchen?" He signaled to one worker to man the desk for a moment. He smiled at the girl, hoping he could convince her. He wanted her away from where it happened and to calm down.

ugh

Mallory shivered as Atkin put his jacket on her, finding comfort in the warmth. She drew it closer around herself, burying her nose in the collar. She glanced up at him, nodding. "Okay," She agreed softly, following him to the kitchens. She sat down on one of the barstools, keeping his jacket tight around her. "D-do, um... do you like hot chocolate?" She asked softly. She could make some, it always made her feel better.

Atkin smiled, relieved that Mallory took him up on his offer. He went ahead of her to the kitchens and found it empty. He glanced back to see the girl sit on the stools with his jacket on. He got himself busy with some mugs when she spoke up. He turned to face her, glad the she had calmed down. "I do and I am guessing you too. Which means I am fixing us some hot choc. You just sit there, alright?", sending a warm smile her way before turning around to continue what he was doing. Few minutes passed, he had set the hot drink in front of her before dropping a couple of mallows on them. Hm, mallows... Mallory... Taking a seat just next to her, but his body facing her. "Feeling...better?", he asked gently.

Mallory nodded, sighing and keeping her eyes shut as she tried to calm down. She sighed, opening her eyes and smiling softly at him. "Thank you," She murmured, taking the cocoa and blowing on it gently. She nodded at his question. "Thank you for stepping in," She managed quietly. "He just... wasn't listening to me." She drew the hem of Atkin's coat a bit closer.

Atkin smiled softly, finally relaxed to see Mallory eventually calm down. He fiddled with his mug as he listened to her trying to recall the earlier events. "Hey...hey... Forget about it alright? You don't need to explain and if you really want to, not now. We can talk about it when you feel much better.", he assured her, moving to fix his coat on her. So much for dozing off, he blamed himself. How could he let her be in danger when he promised Tyra he would look after her. He fell silent, unknowingly to him, as he was having an internal battle. His hands stopped as if he froze in his seat.

Mallory blushed as Atkin reassured her, shifting a little in her seat as his hands paused in their fussing. "A-Atkin?" She managed after a moment. "Your c-cocoa is, um, is getting cold." She tried to divert him gently, nervous with how close he was standing.

Atkin's eyes flickered to Mallory's blushing cheeks as his hands still took hold of his coat on her. Her lips moved, her eyes followed them until he realized she had spoken. He snapped into reality and moved back, almost too quickly that he fell off his chair. Thankfully, he was not holding his cup or he would have embarrassed himself further. "Woah, ow....", he winced, rubbing his behind, his ears turning red. He glanced up at Mallory's face to see her reaction. He was officially making a fool of himself.

Mallory blinked, startled into a brief moment of silence as Atkin toppled from his chair. She bit her lip, but couldn't help but to laugh softly. "That was dramatic. Are you alright?" She asked, setting down her cocoa and offering him her hand. "Here," She smiled shyly down at him, feeling more at ease with the combination of the cocoa, the coat, and his attempts to make her feel better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back