You Do What Here?

Amberly Chang

OOC First Name
Elphaba
Wand
Yew Wand 14" Essence of Fairy Dust
Amberly knew it was a bit too cold to be going out in just a hoodie, but she was planning on playing a sport or doing some physical activity that would get her warmed up anyway so she didn't bother wearing her jacket. The petite Gryffindor girl dashed out of the castle with a soccer ball under her hand and decided to wander around for a while, looking for a place to play soccer.

She passed by the great lawn but there seemed to be too many people scattered around everywhere to play a proper game and she was definitely not going to ask the people to move just for her game. Amberly saw the lake and thought that wouldn't be too safe to play in because she had already begin hearing rumors of things being in the water, like mermaids. As a Muggle born she couldn't fathom the idea of mermaids actually being real, even less other sea creatures she'd never heard of, so Amberly wanted to steer clear of the lake for now.

Finally, after much wandering around the huge school grounds, Amberly came across a neat field of grass that looked perfect for a soccer field. Amberly ran onto the field excitedly but once she got there she couldn't quite figure out what sport was supposed to be played on here. There were no goal posts for soccer or football, and basketball and baseball were certainly not played here, but she couldn't figure out what the three goal posts at each end were for, they were impossibly high to shoot a ball from the ground.

The Gryffindor shrugged it off, not giving it too much time and threw the ball down to the ground and began kicking it around. It wasn't long however, before she realized that something was flying far up above her...and not something, but someone. Amberly squinted her eyes up towards the wintery sky and saw the figure flying lower since they were so high up that at first she didn't realize anything. That wasn't...it couldn't be...a person flying on a broomstick? Surely those myths of witches being able to fly on brooms was just that, a myth right? But as the person flew lower about even level with the weird goal posts, Amberly couldn't mistake that it was indeed a person flying on a broomstick. "Wow," the first year said, stunned with her mouth wide open.

After asking around for about a whole week, with asking just about everyone in the entire school, Dymetris finally got the answer he's been searching for a short couple days. He was wondering if students were allowed to use the qudditch balls to practice alone. He ran around a whole week, asking just about anyone he could stumble upon. It was the last day of the week and the flying instructor for the school's first year, end up telling him no that he couldn't. This really annoyed Dymetris. He found it unfair and a waste of finding out just to get big "No".

He ended up settling with a few golf balls in hand, and a boy who could help him out by charming the golf ball to take place of the golden snitch. The best suggestion they both came up with, now it was time to test the theory. That coming afternoon, the boys occupid the pitch. Dymetris, flinging himself left to right at each direction the golf ball went flying. He learn, that he was a good flyer but a terrible catcher. A very bad catcher to the point he was swearing in Russia and making his friend laugh. "Its not funny! Its not the same too, golf balls don't feel the same, how am I suppose to get better we these devil things" he ranted at his friend. His company shrug, and order Dymetris to just focus on flying better instead of catching for now.

He did that, couple laps around the pitch he did. Till his friend started throwing golf balls everywhere. One falling right next to a small girl watching the entire scenery take place. "Vatch it! Young girl below" he drop a few feets down, now touching the ground to retrieve the said golf ball. "Hope that didn't hurt you miss?! My friends very clumsy up there!"

Amberly continued to watch the scenery taking place above her with her mouth wide open in shock. How was it possible that people were flying on broomsticks?! Her sister had never told her any of this, but then again her sister had gone to a wizarding school in America, maybe it was different. Maybe broomstick flying was only a New Zealand thing? The newbie witch certainly had a lot to learn about the magical world.

Unfortunately, because the Gryffindor girl was too obsorbed in her thoughts and awe of the people flying above her, she didn't see a small little ball hurling towards the ground in her direction. Before she knew it the ball was right in front of her face and hit her smack on the forehead. "Ow!" she cried out, mostly in surprise rather than pain. She brought her hand up to her forehead immediately and began rubbing the place hoping the pain would subside. Since it was a golf ball and not a ping pong ball, the impact of the ball was certainly harder with its weight, Amberly just hoped a large bruise wouldn't form right in the middle of her forehead! That would've been so humiliating.

Suddenly one of the flying wizards up above came down to the ground, directing the broom with such ease, Amberly couldn't help but still be amazed, even after she got hit with a ball. The boy then began talking to her and apologized for his friend up above. Amberly brought her hand away from her forehead and shook her head as she flashed him a big grin. "No it's okay, I should've been keeping an eye out better," she naturally scolded herself with a small bow of her head. "I was just watching you guys fly...wow," the small girl said, unable to hold in her awe.

Either she be lying or just very generous. Cause' were he was looking a small reddish spot form just above her eyebrows. Forming to a small little welt, now he was feelin terrible. "Aye! 'ill be playing vit' out me for' a'hile!"he shouted at the top of his lungs at his comrades. His friend just nodded than shrug, and kept going with their game. They can be jerks sometimes, not caring if they were playing to rough out there. Dymetris shook his head, sometimes he hang with a rough bunch.

"Your surre 'ou okay miss? Seems like ou' daze or somethin'? Neverr seen wizards on broom? Tis can't be vou' first time? Can it not?'" he question with a boyish grin. He like to see that a lot, new comers be amaze with the sport he grown to love. It made it more satisfying when the newbie became fans! Or opponents, a lot better! "Vou' must be first year? I'm third year, Dymetris! And I play for my house qudditch team, Hufflepuff!" well he was on the team this year, this year tryouts hasn't begun yet. Soon enough it will come shortly and he'll go for the same positions. Next year if he was lucky enough, he'll end up being first cut seeker!

Amberly could already feel a large welt forming where the golf ball had hit her, but she tried not to rub it anymore and embarrass herself further. When the older boy asked if she was really okay, Amberly nodded her head vigorously. "Yeah I'll be fine, I'm used to getting hurt in sports," the petite girl chuckled. Just because she was small did not mean she wasn't tough.

Speaking of sports, the older boy began asking if she'd never seen wizards on a broom and then went off to talk about some team...a Quidditch team? The only thing she managed to understand from his sentence was Hufflepuff, one of the three other houses she hadn't been sorted into. After having been filled in on the characteristics of other houses, she knew by his mere mention of his House that he was nice. He had introduced himself first so Amberly only felt it polite to do the same.

"Hi I'm Amberly," she introduced herself with her usual bow. "I'm sorry, but a what team exactly?" she asked, wanting clarification for what he'd said. It was already bizarre enough for her to see wizards flying on a broom, but for there actually to be a sport about it was ludicrous, wasn't it? It seemed extremely dangerous to the first year girl.

Dymetris thick accent certainly return since he last notice he been rolling his "r's" again during charm lessons. He clear his throat to get the American accent out of him, he was so richly influence during his younger years in the state of California and other places his parents mention traveling when he was a toddler. Its not easy changing his accent, yet the boy did it so often, he can fool anyone into believing he was from that foreign land. "Qudditch? You never hearrrrd of vit? he could feel his tongue roll and the V's still be pronounce. It made him blush embarrasse cause the girl can very much be laughing at his weird accent. "Nice tov meet ot Amberly!" he said in a sweet melodic voice. Its the veela blood in his voice that kick in this time, this he recognize right away, he rolll with that instead.

"Its okay, actually not many know about this sport qudditch. I didn't know vit exist till I came tov Hogvarts! Zee a first year? I believe you'll have flying lessons soon enough Amberly. After flying they'll teach ot zee sports!" he explain an little details so she could understand him. He went to explaining a little, to be pester by his friends. They started to circle around the two peer on ground, mocking Dymetris's accent. "Keep playing round and I'll make sure Kurro leaves a little surprise for ot in zee sleep!" he raise a fist, shaking comically cause it was just fun and games between the boys.

[Sorry its short]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back