Closed You Didn't Have To

Onyx wasn't about to admit the way his breath caught when Jamie called him baby again- no way, not a chance. He also wasn't going to admit the way his heart skipped when Jamie reached for his hand again. Onyx turned his hand, letting Jamie take it and biting his lip, peeking up at the other man through his hair. You are not falling, no way, not a chance. Shut up, Onyx.

Onyx listened quietly as Jamie spoke, flicking his lip ring as he thought. What did he want? Onyx wanted everything. He wanted to just walk around the table, sit in Jamie's lap, and never move again. But Onyx was scared, nervous. Unsure. He had just met Jamie, and Onyx knew he had a habit of chasing after the things he wanted, only for the things he wanted not to want him, too. He swallowed nervously, shifting his hand slightly to run his thumb over Jamie's hand in his. "We'll see," He murmured softly, hesitantly, hoping the blush on his face wasn't as obvious as it felt.

He looked down at his quiche- well, the last few bites of it, anyway. "I, um... I have plans with my uncle later, but um... if I finish my food, think you're going to kick me out or, uh... would you like to, I dunno, maybe walk around town for a bit?" He asked shyly. He thought about offering to stay here, but the urge to just curl up in Jamie's lap was more and more tempting the longer Jamie looked at him and Onyx was afraid to cave into that urge just yet.

Jamie was sure he had said all he needed to say at this moment. Onyx could decide the pace and jamie would follow. He was too interested in him to want to give up so soon. He meant what he said. He smiled as Onyx ran his thumb upon his hand, smiling softly. He let his hand linger there for a moment before pulling it away and taking a few last bites of the quiche. He finished up what he had on his plate and then smiled. ”A second date already?” he joked lightly but he just glanced at the time, ”I also have to meet some friends later, but I have time to walk with you,” he smiled at him, taking out his wand and with a small flick the table began to clear itself. ”Would you rather head to the harbour or we could go to the Parc Borély?” he offered, he wasn’t sure how well onyx perhaps knew this city, how much of it he had been to. Either would be fun, though they were closer to the harbour than they were to the Parc and there was plenty for them to see here. ”What do you think, Parc or Harbour?”

Onyx couldn't help the little bit of insecurity as Jamie pulled his hand away. Had Onyx ruined things already? He lowered his eyes to his food, quickly scarfing down the last of his food. Part of him was ready to just go home, his head hurt and his heart felt all twisted in his chest. There was no way this was going to work, he wasn't enough. Jamie would move past him like everyone else had.

Onyx glanced up, surprised Jamie had taken him up on his offer to go out. He bit his lip, feeling nervous but... Oddly excited at the thought of spending more time with Jamie. He smiled shyly, standing up and slipping his coat on. "Y-you know, um, I was... Actually wanting to do a little bit of shopping, I didn't actually think you would invite me in or anything," he chuckled. "M-maybe, um, maybe the Parc?" He asked, unsure.

Jamie gave a little smile as he said that he had been thinking of shopping. ”Well, it’s a good thing then that eventually after the parc there are some shops,” he gave a little smile. He got to his feet, and motioned for Onyx to do the same. He led the man into the house and was lightly waving his wand to get the house ready since he was going out. He put on his shoes and put on his jacket. He pocketed some sunglasses and then headed towards the door. ”Come on Onyx, let’s go!” he said, leading the man out of his flat and down to the streets of Marseille. This wasn’t how he’d expected his day to go but he was happy nonetheless. In their walking he stuck close to Onyx, not really giving too much space. He hoped this was definitely the start of something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back