You can dance if you want to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabriel Lloyd

OOC First Name
Amanda
"I'm going to go for that punch before something unfortunate happens to it," Gabe announced to his dance partner, something of the devil twinkling in his eye, "would you care for a glass?" He had to take care of his thirst before the itch in his shoes. (The man hoped that particular itch was a need to waltz and swing, and not a rash.)

Professor Kingsley knew that the Yule ball was typically a can't miss event for the students, which was why she was not surprised at how crowded the dance floor was. When she'd been a student, fights had broken out, food tables had been destroyed and love had been in the air. It had been infinitely more entertaining than those muggle soap shows. Cyndi chuckled and nodded when she heard Gabriel. "Hurry then. Those students look suspicious" she said, a small shake of her head as she glanced towards those standing around the punch. "Yes, I'd love a glass."

Grinning at his coworker, Gabe approached the snack table. It was littered and stuffed with edible ways to expand the waistline. It took the headmaster all he had not to snatch the sweets and say to hell with the punch. He'd promised Cyndi a drink, however. The dark-haired man picked up two empty glasses, smiling as the ladle dipped into the punch bowl and poured a spoonful of the red liquid into the cups. Gabe was glad the thing hadn't splattered him- he wasn't in the mood to get into any scuffles with utensils today. He turned and walked back to his companion for the evening.

Gabe held out a glass for Cyndi to take. "I'm pretty sure this hasn't been tainted," he told her in all seriousness.

When the Headmaster returned and held out a glass, Cyndi accepted it and peered into the red liquid as if she had some sort of vision that could detect a ne'er-do-well's attempts at spiking the punch.

Realizing there was really only one way to find out, Cyndi decided to go for it. "Cheers" she said, bringing the glass to her lips and taking a sip. She quickly gagged and covered her mouth with her hand. Unable to feign that anything was wrong with her for too long, Cyndi quickly erupted into a giggle. "Just kidding...it's great stuff." She took another quick sip and smirked at her colleague. "Drink up, Gabe. You're not getting out of spinning me around this dance floor" she teased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back