Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
(Arc)
Wand
Ebony, Dragon heart-string, 9 1/2 inches
Kira had been surprised to receive the rose from Marcos. It had been a pleasant surprise, of course, but a surprise none the less. After some fruitless searching inside the castle, Kira found herself wandering the familiar paths of the garden. She didn't have much hope of finding Marcos out here, but it was worth a shot. Right? She twirled the yellow rose between her fingers as she walked. She started humming a tune to herself as her ocean eyes scanned the flowers for the familiar face of the older boy.

Marcos had brought himself outside, the indoors were just a bit dull and he didn’t want to stay inside too much as the rose giving occurred. He’d sent a few roses and one especially to Kira, the girl with whom he had danced at the yuleball. He had just felt like they had a connection, a connection in having little else in terms of partners at such events. The boy was sat in the garden, with a few books in front of him and his notes beside him. It was a nice day, warm but not too warm. The sun was up and he was content to work away. The boy was surprised when he spotted Kira. He had said for her to come find him if she had no one else to spend the time with and he was happy to see her, ”Hey Kira!” the boy called out, waving at her with a smile on his features. She was nice, seemed to be a really easy person to spend time with, a little younger than him, but still a good person, someone he could easily see himself building a good friendship with.

Kira blinked as Marcos called to her from the other direction. She turned to him and returned his smile. She walked over. "Hi Marcos. I got your rose." She showed him the flower in her hands. "I see you had the same plans as me," She joked, nodding at his books before taking a seat next to him. "What are you reading?" She asked conversationally. It had been a little while since they'd seen each other. It would be nice to catch up with the boy.

Marcos looked at the flower in her hand and nodded, it was nice to know that she had gotten the flower. He had thought it would be nice to send her one. There was just something nice about doing something for someone, and the roses were ever the opportunity to. They were a good noncommittal gesture from someone. He’d made it yellow and made sure the note was light enough that there would be little confusion. He wanted to spend the time with her if she too was free. ”Oh it’s a book for arithmancy, one of the electives I take,” the boy held it up, it was probably a bit odd to be studying while everyone else was running around, but he needed to study at all times. He needed to be able to study even when it was the last thing he actually wanted to do. Marcos smiled easily at the girl and gestured to the books she had, ”What did you bring to read?” he moved over slightly so that she could sit down with him and looked eager to listen to what she was saying about what she was reading.

Kira took a seat next to Marcos, listening as he talked. She had considered taking Arithmancy. She was regretting not taking more classes. She was bored with the two class curriculum she had this semester. Marcos asked about her books then. She turned to them with a small smile. "It's Muggle Studies. I thought it would be interesting to compare what this society thought of the other to how the other is. Does that make sense?" She ran her fingers over the cover, then paused. "Oh, I almost forgot." She reached into her bag and pulled out a little blue paper rose. "I didn't think to send you a rose. Would this be okay?" She held it out with a shy smile.

Marcos was pleased she took the time to sit down with him. It was nice to spend the time with someone when he had been pretty sure he’d spend the time along the lingering feelings for Gabrielle remained and didn’t appear to be going away too much but they were fading, so he was glad to spend the day with Kira sitting and chatting with her easily. The Gryffindor keeper nodded and smiled, ”Nice! What do you think of muggle studies?” the boy asked with a curious expression, he was keen to find out what she thought of that class since it was one he took as well, though just not in this semester. He was surprised when she pulled out of her bag a blue paper rose. The boy smiled at it; carefully reaching out and taking it from Kira. It was a nice gesture, it was nice of her to have done that for him and then given it to him. ”This is more than okay Kira,” he held it lightly in his fingers before placing it behind his ear. ”Say Kira, do you want to be my date to the dance tonight?” the keeper figured he’d be good to ask, that she might be keen to do that with him.

Kira lit up as Marcos asked her about Muggle Studies. "Well, it's really interesting so far. We went on a field trip to Sydney." Her eyes sparkled as she spoke. "I would love to live there someday. Other than that it was really simple things, like how muggles went to school and pens and things." She giggled. Her smile brightened when Marcos accepted her flower.

That was good, she worried he wouldn't like it. She blinked at his question and twirled her chocolate hair around her finger while she thought it over. She was pretty sure Caelan wouldn't want to go even if she did ask him. There was no way a guy like him would ever like a girl like her. So she could go with a friend, right? She nodded at Marcos, a soft smile on her lips. "Sure, I'd love to. It's always fun to spend the evening with a friend, right?"

Marcos remembered his first semester of muggle studies, and he shared much of the same sentiment about it as she did, but of course there was the fact that Marcos would rather live in New Zealand that Australia but it could be interesting, ”Yeah, took some getting used to I found with the pen, I kept going to dip it in ink like I would with a quill,” he replied with a little chuckle, he was also very pleased when she agreed to spend the Valentine’s Day dance with him, it would be nice, they’d have a good time and she would be a nice distraction from thinking about Gabriella, ”Too right! Spending an evening with a friend is always good” he enjoyed his friendship with Kira, they spoke easily and had good conversations. It was a nice thing, she was a good friend. ”it’ll be good fun,” he knew they’d have at least a fair time and he was looking forward to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back