Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Gnarled 16 Inch Malleable Hemlock Wand with Hag Hair Core
Solomon was never too into the Halloween spirit. It wasn't really a celebrated holiday in the Southern Hemisphere, and seemed to be something that was brought over from the schools founder, who as far as he knew was British, so that explained that. The Slytherin had spent the previous years either skipping the event entirely, or dressing as famous wizards whom no one seemed to be smart enough to recognise from their history books. That's what happened when the average passing grade was a mere Poor, he supposed. This year was a little different for Sol, who wasn't necessarily dressing up as much as he was creating himself a new identity. The metamorphmagus had borrowed a pair of Anthony's Hufflepuff robes to wear, and had spent a deal of time in front of a mirror tweaking some of his facial features to be more reminiscent of the school's only other metamorphmagus, as far as he was aware. Finishing his transformation with a candy-floss pink quiff, Solomon assumed his new identity as Giovanni Volt, the male Geovanna, and made his way into the Great Hall alone. Whether his fellow changeling would catch on or not was something Sol was looking forward to seeing, though as he caught sight of another pink-haired boy, he wondered if that would dim her chances. Reminding himself to look friendly and approachable, rather than the typical criticising expression he might have normally held as his natural self, the Slytherin kept an eye out for Geo, or Merrill, or a random person he could practice being nice to uder this new guise.

Geo always looked forward to Halloween, and this was no different. She'd gone a little easier on this costume this year though, dressed in a simple black jumpsuit and black hat, but it was the mask that wore over her face that helped her fit everything together. She'd yet to meet up with Austin, and instead had spent most of her time outside with Arvel who appeared to have gotten off on the wrong foot with some of the other students. She'd been wandering the hall inside for only a few minutes, trying to find someone to talk to although so far she'd been failing. Everyone was already conversing with their other friends and it felt rude to interrupt. As her eyes scanned for the Hufflepuff, they stopped short on someone with noticeably bright pink hair, and the fourth year was a little on edge as to whether to feel pleased that it was so close to resembling her, or whether she was just getting ahead of herself and perhaps another student just liked the colour. Taking a few steps in their direction, her own blonde locks today resting on her shoulders and framing the mask, she approached the student hesitantly, narrowing her eyes as she tried to make out who this person was. It wasn't unusual of course to not recognise everyone, although they did look scarily similar to a combination of a couple of people she knew. Surely it had to be Solomon? She would have known by now if someone looked so close to herself. Taking a chance that her hunch was right, she called out over the volume of the music. "Do you ever do anything worthwhile with your gifts, or is your imagination really only limited to hair colour?" She grinned at him once she slipped off her mask, recalling the first time he ever spoke to her two years ago. Although, she was definitely going to be in trouble if this wasn't Solomon.

With all of these masked students, recognising somebody was going to be a difficult task, though thankfully it was Geo that found him first, and took off her own mask when she did. Solomon wasn't so sure he would have been able to pick her out otherwise. The blonde was plain, and as much as he'd criticised her pink hair when they first met, he much preferred it now. "And what exactly would you consider to be "worthwhile"?" Solomon retorted with a smile of his own. That was a reference that certainly brought back memories of their first encounter. It was odd how much had changed since then and now. A younger Solomon would never have entertained being friends with someone like Geo. If one or the other hadn't been a metamorph, perhaps they never would have become friends. That being said, if it were Solomon who had been born normal, then it was possible he'd be an entirely different person to the one he was today, too. "I'm sure there's a joke to be had about you wearing a mask when you can literally change your face. Are you enjoying the feast?" The Slytherin inquired, not having tried out any of the snacks himself. Cupcakes that crawled around were not ones he was too interested in eating.

For a moment, Geo almost thought she'd gotten it wrong and it wasn't the Slytherin she expected, although upon hearing his remark she relaxed as she recalled the event. Had she really said that in response? It sounded strange to her own ears now. Sure she could see where she'd been coming from but to consider that she'd been so wound up believing there was only one set route she could take was more than a little embarrassing to hear now. She chuckled as his comment about the mask, "Oh I don't know, it's no more amusing than you being able to change your face and out of an infinite number of possibilities you chose mine." She teased, her eyes still moving across his face to see how he saw her. It was always difficult to try and replicate another person perfectly, and while they were a few things that were different he had done a surprisingly good job. "What is this, Geo 2.0?" she asked, feeling as though she were looking at her twin. After a few moments though she cast her eyes back around the room, "Let's just say, the evening is still young." she said raising her eyebrows. She didn't want to focus too heavily on the negatives, and besides she didn't blame Arvel at all for needing the company and she'd been happy to provide it, but Geo had yet to let her hair down and enjoy the night for what it was. Flashing her eyes back to the boy beside her, she wondered if he'd come alone. "Have you been here for long? I mean, not that anyone would want to approach you dressed like that," she giggled, obviously joking but not being able to help having a stab at herself.

"It's Halloween. I wanted to look scary." Solomon quipped back to the Hufflepuffs teasing, almost chewing on his cheek to stop the wide grin he could feel starting to form on his face. "I call this one Giovanni Volt, though you might know him as Solofri. A completely original persona, I'll have you know. He's an extremely sociable and friendly guy. Very unlike that Solomon Mordaunt character. I hear he's no fun at parties." The boy felt his own cheek and chin, suddenly very aware of himself now that Geo was scrutinizing his face It had been difficult to balance out his own features with Geo's much more feminine ones, but after a while of shifting parts around he'd been happy with the outcome. The younger metamorph's comments came across as a little cryptic, and he was tempted to pry further. Would Giovanni pry? Probably not, seeing as his counterpart didn't seem to want to elaborate further. "What does that say about you coming to approach me? Some might say its very narcissistic to be drawn to yourself." The boy laughed. "I've been here for a few minutes. It took me some time to finish my "costume". I'm sure most people are going to think I'm just a random Hufflepuff who didn't put any effort in. Little do they know."

"Well then, mission accomplished." Even if others didn't find him scary Geo certainly did. It was one thing to see yourself in a mirror but completely different to seeing someone else with the same facial features in the flesh. She grinned when he revealed the name, suitable not doubt. "Really? I wouldn't know, I never seem to be able find him." She teased, wondering if he'd been to any other events under false personas, slipping through the crowds unnoticed. After spending so long thinking that was immoral, she was surprising herself by feeling as though it would make a welcomed change, perhaps offering her more insight than she would otherwise be able to achieve as herself. She raised her eyebrows at his comment about a narcisst, "It's hard not to notice someone with hair like a beacon," she smirked, trying not to laugh. It had been a sore point a few years ago as she tried to wear it permanently but as much as she loved the hair it was too much now to be constantly focusing on around her other tasks. "Did you come with anyone?" She asked, curious to know if it was a two piece costume and Giovanni had a friend. She had her own to wait for and so she decided she would stay with Solofri until either of them had reasons to leave, and besides, Geo was much too social to been alone, it wouldn't have been convincing at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back