Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Wand
Curly 9 Inch Flexible Black Walnut Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
If there was one thing that Jordie always made time for, it was band practice with Weston. Weston was one of his closest friends, and he couldn't just forget where he had come from. Practice that day had gone well, been relaxing. He stretched as they got up, having finished with practice. Jordie checked his watch. He still had time for his yoga session in the common room. Jordie looked over with a tired smile. "Hey, what are you up to after this?" He asked, thinking maybe he could slot in some more time with Weston.

By far the best part of Weston's week was band practice. He and Jordie had held these practices consistently for years now, and as a result, Weston had grown fairly proficient in a number of instruments. Plus, it was just plain fun to jam out with this best friend. He had been a little worried that Jordie would start to cut back on their practices as he got busier. Even Weston, who was the least observant person in the world, had noticed that his friend was always running to or from some obligation or responsibility. But thankfully, they'd been able to keep this up.

At Jordie's question, Weston looked up from his guitar case, which he was busy latching. "Oh, uh, I dunno." Aside from band practices and classes, Weston didn't really plan ahead. Even when it came to hanging out with his friends, he usually preferred not to make plans, instead wandering the castle until he found someone he knew and pestered them until they agreed to hang out. "I guess I was gonna go to my dorm to put this away?" he said, gesturing towards his guitar. "And then maybe go to the student lounge?" There was always something interesting going on there. "Why?"

Jordie stretched, smiling at Weston. "Well, if you wanted we could hang out some more?" He asked, turning to his friend. "I'm currently about to do some yoga. Do you do yoga?" He asked, stretching his arms out over his head. "I've found it keeps me loose, limber." He explained. "Also super relaxing," He mused, before chuckling and smiling at Weston. "Come on, do a session with me, I think you'd like it."

Weston had assumed that Jordie had some kind of prefect thing or Quidditch thing or even a Brotherhood thing after this, so his eyes lit up when the Hufflepuff offered to hang out longer. "Yeah, of course!" He closed the guitar case and stood up. "I know how to stand on my head," he bragged. "That's a yoga move, right?" It had been years since Nia had shown him how to do some yoga poses, but Weston was pretty sure he still remembered everything. But as he watched Jordie do some stretches, he realised that he remembered nothing. "So, uh, where do we start?" He tried to copy Jordie in stretching his arms but mostly just got them twisted up in a weird pretzel-like formation.

Jordie laughed lightly, pleased that Weston was so on board. He motioned towards a clearer spot in the room. "Come on, I'll help," He promised, settling into a position and shooing Weston into place. "We'll start with a few stretches, really loosen up," He stated simply, running his friend through a few simpler stretches, helping him out a bit. Jordie then conjured up a few yoga mats for them, and kicked off his shoes. "Come on, we'll start with the Mountain pose. I think this one helps with breathing," Jordie stated, shifting into position, standing straight with his arms to the side, palms facing out. "We usually hold a pose for 30 or 45 seconds." He explained. "Focus on your breathing. In, out..."

Weston did his best to follow Jordie's lead through the stretches. The last time he'd done any sustained stretching had been his yoga "lesson" with Nia, and his muscles ached in protest. Thankfully, Jordie was there to correct his form when necessary. "You're really good at this," he said admiringly, not realising that the stretches they were doing were pretty simple.

Soon it was time to do the exciting stuff. Weston kicked off his shoes and stepped onto the mat, ready to do a headstand or some other crazy pose. Instead, Jordie just... stood there. "Uh, is that it?" He tried to copy Jordie, standing up a little straighter than his usual slouch, but he didn't feel any different. If there was any improvement to his breathing, Weston couldn't feel it. "How can I tell if it's working?" he asked, wondering if he was missing something.

Jordie chuckled, taking the compliment. "Hey, practice makes perfect," He countered with an easy smile. As the first pose released, he tossed a wider smile to his friend. "We're starting super basic, silly. Just trust me." He prompted. "Let's try another one." He considered. "This one feels a bit silly, but come on, downward dog," He motioned for Weston to follow him, showing him the proper footing and position.

Weston nodded at the comment about practice. That was definitely true. "How long have you been doing this?" He couldn't quite remember if Jordie had always practiced yoga or if this was a new addition to his increasingly packed schedule. It seemed like every time Weston saw Jordie, the Hufflepuff had picked up a new responsibility or hobby. The next pose was one that Weston was vaguely familiar with, and he knelt down to copy Jordie's movements. "Shouldn't this be called the mountain pose?" he asked once he was in position. However, he broke it almost immediately when he raised his head to look at Jordie. "We actually look like mountains."

Jordie considered the question. "A few years, I suppose," He offered. He chuckled at Westons words. "Hey, don't ask me, I don't name them," He replied easily, letting the pose go. "Here, lets see how you do this one. It's called a seated twist." He told Weston, sitting down. "Sit with you legs crossed, one in front of the other. Keep your back straight, then bring your left hand to your right knee, and reach behind you with you left hand, try to touch the floor. Make sure to breath, sit up straight. Exhale and twist from the base of your spine to the right. Got it?" Jordie asked, showing Weston each step as he did it. "This is supposed to be relaxing and stuff, once you get into a routine. I picked it up to help with stress," He admitted with a sheepish grin. "Ares might kill me if I don't take better care of myself."

Weston was silent for a few moments as he tried to follow Jordie's instructions. As far as he could tell, they were just sitting cross-legged while twisting to the side. At least the name of this pose made sense. He could feel something in his upper back being stretched, which he hoped meant he was doing it right. "Has it worked?" Weston asked. "Does it make you more relaxed?" He couldn't say he felt relaxed doing these poses. Just... puzzled. His body was not used to being put into weird positions. "What do you mean?" he asked, frowning a little. Weston wasn't sure whether he was more concerned by the implication that Ares might be upset with Jordie or the suggestion that Jordie wasn't taking care of himself.

Jordie smiled at the question. "Well, it does help a bit," He replied easily. "It keeps me limber, but sitting down to focus on my yoga tends to calm my mind down and clear my head," He offered easily. Soon, they released the position and he urged Weston to copy it, but switching sides. "Oh, you know I've got a lot going on. I run twice a day, practice Quidditch three times a week outside of regular practices, prefect patrols, I mentor two younger Hufflepuffs twice a week, band practices, I have to study a lot for my classes, there's yoga with a younger Hufflepuff every day after lunch." He rambled, releasing the position. "Okay, this next one is really easy," He lead Wes into another pose. "But yeah, I'm just really busy with everything most of the time, and I forget to take care of myself if I'm not careful. Ares has been trying to get me to calm down," He stated like it was the simplest thing ever.

Weston always had a million things running through his mind, and something that could clear all those thoughts away would definitely be welcome. Personally, he didn't think yoga would be the answer for him. He copied Jordie as they switched sides, jaw dropping when the Hufflepuff went through his schedule. "Jordie, that schedule's insane. How do you have time to sleep??" He'd known about some of it — band practice, of course and Quidditch practice and prefect patrols. But he hadn't realised Jordie was also doing workouts three times a day and mentoring Hufflepuffs, and that didn't even include Brotherhood stuff. "What do you mean you forget to take care of yourself?" Weston was generally pretty oblivious, but it hadn't escaped his notice that Jordie had avoided answering his question. He automatically followed Jordie through the next pose, but his mind was still stuck on his friend's schedule. "Do you really have to do all that?"

Jordie laughed lightly. "I can sleep when I'm dead," He joked. "I'm fine, Wes, I promise," He offered, moving through the poses and guiding Weston along easily. "I just- forget to eat sometimes, or I'm up too late studying. Normal things." He explained, moving easily through the poses. "It's nothing too crazy."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back