Yet another new home

Riley looked over at Falcon as he retorted to her assumption that he thought it was funny she ended up on the floor. But asking if she slept well only angered the blonde more. "Does it look like it?" she said, hastily grabbing her clothes and piling them up on the end of the bed. "I've never slept on a single bed, okay?" Riley informed him. She didn't want to come off as a snob, but it was a bit late for that now. Her relationship with the young boy hadn't had the best start, they had already had a fight and he had seen her wearing the most ridiculous outfit when she had met him. She was so embarassed she just wanted to crawl under the bed and stay there forever. But Falcon was standing awkwardly in the middle of the room, watching her. She looked back at him, why was he looking at her like that? She pulled her small bag out from under the bed and delved into it and rescued a comb from within. She sat daintily on the edge of the bed and began to comb through her straight blonde hair. She then did a small plait along her hairline before slumping back onto the bed. "How does it look?" she asked the boy, she didn't have a mirror so she had to guess for herself. "So why are you here? What's your deal?" Riley asked Falcon as she pulled out her cellphone. She flicked through her messages, eighteen texts, three missed calls. All from her mother and her nanny, one from her father. She sighed and put the phone back in her bag. Usually she would be calling and texting all of her muggle friends, making the most of her phone working outside of Hogwarts, but today she wasn't in the mood.

Riley wondered whether she should get dressed, but it didn't look as though Falcon was going anywhere so she decided against it for the moment. The small blonde crossed her thin legs on the bed and looked over at her room mate. She wondered who he was and why he was here, they both seemed to be waifs of some sort. She supposed it wouldn't be so bad to talk to the boy, at least until Arianna woke up that was.

Falcon stood up, feeling half-guilty, half-exasperated. He knew his comment may have seemed like he was taking the mickey, but it had been accidental "It was a joke" he muttered, deciding against trying to tell her that he hadn't meant it that way She needs to bloody well lighten up he thought as he walked over to his suitcase and rummaged through it, picking out some clean clothes. When he straightened up, he found that she had was braiding her hair, and he watched as she then brought out a muggle cell phone. He had seen countless muggles using them in the city, but had never known how they worked.

"Never slept in a single bed?" Falcon echoed, eyebrows raised. Falcon had only ever slept in a single beds. He had known that she was a little snobby, but that was just plain strange. He shook his head, throwing the clothes down on the bed. Until he heard movement in other parts of the house, he didn't want to go out and get changed in the bathroom, in case he woke anybody up. He sat back down on his bed, leaning against the wall facing her. He couldn't help but look at the way her hair fell around her face. When asked it looked, he was rather lost for words "Um... Fine... I mean Good..." he said, looking away. The sky outside the window was just beginning to lighten. It got light here very late he realised, glancing at his watch, which read 9:00.

Falcon smiled to himself when asked, rather bluntly, what he was doing here "Well... My mother died a few years ago, and I was placed in some foster homes, but none of them wanted me. So Hannah, my mother's sister took me in" he said briefly. He didn't particularly feel like going into detail. He was sure that her story was far more interesting "And why are you here?" he asked in return, looking back at her.

Riley noted how suprised Falcon was when he heard that she had only ever slept in a King sized bed, she already sounded beyond snobby, she supposed it wouldn't matter if she told him about herself. "Well, having famous parents has gotta have its perks" she said laughing lightly as she said it. Falcon then said that her looked good which wasn't a compliment in Riley's books, but who cared what he thought anyway? It wasn't as if she liked him or anything, although he was kinda cute, but Riley put thise feelings away. They had no place here, they were just two strangers, stuck in the same room.

Riley looked sympathetic as Falcon explained why he was staying with the Tipey's. "Oh-ah thats terrible. But I'm sure you'll enjoy staying here, the Tipley's are a lovely family. Thats kinda why I'm here." Riley began, she was going to open up to a complete stranger but for some reason she didn't care. She had nobody else to talk to anyway. "I ran away from home because I was sick of my family. My dad is always working on christmas and my mum never cares about anything but the latest prada heels" she said, sighing. She didn't expect the boy to care, he would probably say something about being glad to have a family at all. But she barely had a family, they were drifting apart.

Falcon wasn't surprised. It sounded like this girl was made of money. He shook his head again "I suppose it does" he said quietly. He wondered who her parents were. He wasn't really interested in celebrities or anything, and doubted he would know who they were.

Riley did seem to have some sympathy, Falcon noted. He nodded absent-mindedly. His introduction to the Tipley household so far had been pretty muddled. Arianna hadn't known that he was coming, then he had accidentally broken Hannah's wand, and then this girl had turned up, and they'd ended up sharing a room. He listened to her explanation about her disfunctioal family. He wasn't sure what he'd rather have. A family at all, or a fighting family. He couldn't even remember his father, and his mother hadn't exactly been loving. Falcon had absolutely no idea what a 'prada' was, nor did he really care "Well, at least we have a place to go" he said, being surprisingly optimistic. A thumping alerted him to something outside the door. It seemed that was finally some life in the house. He got up, grabbing his pile of the clothes, and walked to the door. He smiled faintly back at her, before, going out on to the landing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back