Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Bi
Wand
Curved 12 Inch Flexible Alder Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Yellow Rose for @Emmaline Hopkins-Vance

Ana Sofia loved everything there was about valentines, especially since she had gotten used to valentines at hogwarts. Between roses, the dance and just a general good vibe in all she thought it to be one of the best days there was. What was even better was that she got the chance to deliver roses again this year and so she had happily set off with her basket, scanning over the names on her list. She didn't know most of them, but did see one of her classmates on there and had decided to look for her first. "Emmaline, hi! Happy valentines." Ana beamed when she had spotted the girl among the students in the great hall and had made her way over. "I've got a rose for you." She added excitedly, fishing the yellow rose out of the basket and holding it out to the girl.

Emmaline had almost completely forgotten about Valentine's Day. Of course it just not seem high on her list of important days, not like classes or even the upcoming OWLs at the end of the year. It was honestly difficult to think of anything else, especially a day that she had no one to really celebrate with. The young Gryffindor had just never gotten into the dating scene, not that she had time to. That would have to wait until she was older, which she would probably always say to be honest.

Emmaline was grabbing a quick bite to eat in the Great Hall, her textbook laid beside her. Easy reading between bites. That way no time was wasted. The young girl took another bite as she flipped the page, reading over the passage. In her own little world. Surprised to be brought back down to Earth when Ana came over to her table. Emmaline recognized the girl. They were in a lot of classes together, even if they weren't quite close.

"Oh hi Ana." Emmaline said looking up. She placed her fork down on the plate and closed her textbook, mentally remembering what page she was on for future use. "um thanks" Emmaline said a little surprised "Happy Valentine's Day to you as well." The words felt odd coming out of her mouth, but it only seemed polite. A lot of people enjoyed this holiday, even if it had slipped Emmaline's mind. Even more surprising, Ana had a rose for her, a yellow rose. That was a shock.

Emmaline took the rose gently from the girl, not quite sure what to do with it. After a few moments of silence, Emmaline spoke, realizing she was being odd. "I'm sorry. I'm just surprised to be honest. Who is it from?" She asked, not even sure who could have given her one or why.

Ana Sofia beamed when Emmaline greeted her, happily handing over the rose and expectantly waiting for the girl's reaction. "Not expecting any roses?" She asked curiously, her eyes growing wide when the girl asked who it was from. "Oh! So sorry, the note must've fallen off." Ana apologized, quickly looking through her basket to find the stray note between her other roses. "Got it!" She triumphantly held it up in the air before handing it over.

Em!

Happy Valentine's Day! If you happen to be studying when you get this note, please take a break. You deserve it.

Thanks for always being my friend, Harper

Emmaline looked down at the yellow rose for a moment before looking back up at Ana. "Definitely a bit of a shock." She said with a little laugh as the Hufflepuff girl looked for the note that went with the rose. Emmaline took the note with a smile as she read it over. The rose was from Harper. The note was obviously true. Her friend really did know her afterall. A small chuckle let Emmaline's mouth as she read over the note once more. Her textbook was still sitting at the table, of course she had been studying.

"Thank you Ana. This was a nice surprise. I guess my friends know me better than I even do." She added, making a note to at least try to listen to her friend's advice and take a short break from reading over all her textbooks. She would certainly have to thank Harper when she saw her next. Such a simple gesture could make a day even better.

Ana Sofia giggled when Emmalien agreed she hadn't specifically been expecting any roses. That just made delivering one all the better. She watched as her classmate read the note, grin spreading on her own face when she seemed content with whatever the note said. "Then I reckon you've got some solid friends." She nodded appreciatively at Emmaline's words before eyeing the book on the table. "Were you studying..?" Ana asked curiously, wondering how anyone could even get any reading or studying done when it valentines day.

Emmaline nodded in agreement when Ana mentioned that she must have some solid friends. It was true. The young Gryffindor girl did not know how she got so lucky, especially since she often did not socialize with them as much as friends should. Definitely after this year. She thought knowing that OWLS would take up the majority of her time. Yet there always seemed to be an excuse, always a need to focus on school over anything else, even her own sister at times.

Emmaline could feel her cheeks turn slightly pink when she was asked if she was studying by Ana. The note that Harper gave her ran through her head again. "Yes I just can't help it sometimes. There is just so much information and with OWLS coming...well you know" She admitted. In her old school, other students would have easily called her such teasing names as nerd or dork because of this, but not here, not really. "That's actually what the note said too." She began as she read part of the note aloud " If you happen to be studying when you get this note, please take a break" She let a smile fall on her face. "I guess I've been caught red handed" She added with a small laugh.

Ana Sofia nodded when Emmaline mentioned there was a lot to learn, especially with OWLs coming up. It was easy to understand, especially since she always thought her classmate to be doing quite well in her classes. Which was why she personally wouldn't dream of studying right now. Not on a day when there was so much more fun to be had. "Well then whoever send you that knows you really well." She laughed. "I get it though, it's a pretty stressful year." Ana added with a small smile. "But taking breaks is definitely just as important."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back