OOC First Name
Verity
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Wand
Knotted 11 Inch Unyielding Ebony Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
One rose lighter, Penny wasted no time looking for the next lucky receiver of another yellow rose. She read the name then turned 180 to walk to the Hufflepuff house table. Much like the last delivery, she called out the name and listened out for an answer, "Hey I'm looking for Lucas Fletcher." She called out, "Or Luke, if that's what they go by?" Penny had no idea if he used his full name. Technically her proper name was Penelope but she never used it and found it odd whenever she heard it. "Luke, Lucas Fletcher!" She called out again, this time louder than the first time.

Lucas nearly choked on his cereal when he suddenly heard his name, and he coughed a few times before he was able to look up and raise his hand. "Over here!" He said finally, glancing over at the young girl who was looking for him. Was he getting another rose? He hoped so. He'd been happy to get the first one earlier from Elliot. "I'm Lucas!"

"Hi Lucas!" Penny went over to the boy, deciding in that moment to make her rose delivery a little more interesting, she frowned at him. "I have a message from Professor Styx, he said he wants to see you in his office immediately. He did not sound happy with you." She told him, shaking her head solemnly.

She waited a moment, then changed her expression to a wide smile. "Only joking, I just have a rose for you. Happy Valentines Day!" She handed him his rose along with the note that was attached.

Lucas,
Happy Valentines Day
Lumio

Lucas was surprised when the girl said she had a message from Professor Styx, then a little alarmed. He had thought this was another rose delivery, but was it something else entirely? He didn't even have Defence Against the Dark Arts this semester, so he had no idea what to make of it. Looking kind of bewildered and alarmed, it took Lucas a second to realize the girl had been joking. But when she revealed it to him, he laughed in surprise. "Oh! Okay, you nearly had me." He said with a shake of his head. "Thanks!" He then took the rose, opening the note quickly. His stomach flipped when he saw it was from Lumio. It made him happy the Gryffindor had thought about him today. His smile grew even wider. "That was pretty funny." He told the girl.

Penny didn't normally pull pranks because whenever she tried they either backfired or whoever she was was playing a prank on saw right through it, so she didn't bother. By the look on the boys face, he was just confused and she gave him the rose before it went any further. She laughed with him, "You're alright, enjoy the rose!" She told him, he had looked happy when he read the note. "Is it from someone special?" She asked him just to be nosy.

Now that the shock was past, Lucas could actually laugh at the girl's joke. "You're funny." He told her. "Did you try that on anyone else?" He was curious if anyone had fallen for it, besides him. At the girl's question, he blushed a bit. He nodded, then shrugged. "It's from a friend of mine." He said, folding up the note again. "It's just nice to get something." He said, though that didn't completely explain how happy he was with the rose. But he pushed that from his mind. "Have you gotten any?"

Penny smiled at the boy, "No you're the only one I've tried that on, but maybe I should try it on someone else, see if I can get them believing it." She gave him a mischievous grin then listened to him tell her his rose was from a friend. She nodded, "Yes I've had one and you're right, it was nice to get something." She said in agreement.

Lucas wasn't sure if he should be offended she hadn't tried it on anyone else. He supposed he might look a bit gullible, but he was still amused by it. He smiled at the girl. "Please try it, it will be funny." He said, eager to see someone else fall for the same prank now. He nodded when the girl said she had also received one. Lucas was happy to have gotten two, it made him feel appreciated. "What's your name?" He asked the girl. "You know mine already." He added with a smile.

Penny laughed, "I'll try it if I can, my pranks normally backfire!" She said with a smile. She was enjoying speaking to Lucas, it was nice since she wouldn't normally mix with someone in a different house and year. "I'm Penny" She answered to introduce herself "Yeah I know your name, I was wondering, do you ever get called Luke for short?" She asked, remembering that she had wondered that when calling his name to deliver the rose.

Lucas smiled as the girl said her pranks normally backfired. At least he had managed to be a good victim for one of her pranks, he supposed. "Nice to meet you Penny." He said brightly. Her next question made him pause, then he shook his head. "No, not really." He admitted. "I guess it's not that much faster than just saying Lucas." He added sheepishly. His siblings had never called him Luke, and neither had his friends. But he hadn't ever really considered why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back