Yellow Brick Road

Roze Castro

OOC First Name
Sierra
Wand
Yew Wand 13 1/2" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Roze walked, first, just inside the edge of the forest, looking around and observing her surroundings. She walked a little deeper in, trying to get a feel for the forest. Soon, she was so far in she could just barely see the edge of the forest. Deciding it would be best not to go any farther, she sat down on a log and started humming, as she always did when she was bored.

I wish, she thought. I wish that something exciting would happen around here. I'm so bored with the normal, daily routines. I want something different... Something exciting... Maybe even something a little dangerous. She sighed. Coming from a little village in Colombia where there was nothing else to do but explore, it was hard not to be adventurous. Roze needed the feeling of surprise and not knowing what was going to happen next. She thrived off of it. Therefore, having a daily routine did not satisfy her.

Something should appear, a sign or something, and show me the way to excitement. What she really needed was a yellow brick road like the one in the American fairy tale she had heard about to lead her to a land far and away and absolutely drenched in adventure. Too bad that wasn't ever going to happen.

Nico flew out the boys hand into the patch of stinging grass. Since getting him, Dymetris had been non-stop chasing after his pet iguana who he had second thoughts about getting the moment he got out of his hands. "Nico! Oh man your gonna get your tail sting if you don't come out of there!" Dymetris shouted for his pet iguana to listen. It was no use, iguana weren't the type of pets to listen. No, he's nothing like Rocko his dog back in Russia. He just kept jumping than started to sprint towards the forbidden forest. Dymetris did his best keeping up, iguana were just clever and to fast.

He was inches away till Nico kept going to a clear path of the forest, Dymetris jetted more after him. The second he felt Nico stop, Dymetris jump and caught Nico from going any further. "Got you now" Nico squirm in his owners hand, getting up, Dymetris notice someone had been watching him the entire time. He blush rather embarrassed that Roze had seen him toss around with his pet lizard. "hi again?" he huffed out of breath, "pet...iguana....nico...to..fast" falling back, he sat on the ground the boy struggle to catch his breath.

Roze's gaze had drifted to the ground in her thoughts, but she looked up when she heard some footsteps and shouting. Not far behind her she saw a boy chasing... something. She couldn't tell what it was from where she was, but she did recognize the boy. It was Dymetris, the one she had met not too long ago at the Yule Ball.

She laughed as he chased his (or what she assumed to be) pet. He finally noticed her when he caught it. By now, he was practically by her side.

"Hello, again," she said, still giggling at his chase. "He's giving you some exercise, huh?" She teased, gesturing towards the iguana he was holding.

Dymetris nodded frantically. "Yeah he won't stay still when I let him go, he just likes jumping all over the place" Nico blinked his eyes up at his light pigment owner, the iguana acting as if he knew what they were saying. "yes Nico were talking about you" Dymetris replied eyeing the reptile suspiciously. "guess he needed air.." Dymetris stood up from the grounds smiling ear to ear. "You want to touch him? He's very friendly" he empathize friendly a lot cause Nico is friendly and his accent just made his words a little to cozy.

Roze smiled when Dymetris started talking to Nico. She talked to animals a lot, too.

"Yeah!" Roze practically shouted when he offered for her to touch Nico. She loved animals.

Roze reached out to touch Nico and automatically started talking to him.

"Hey, Nico! Were you having fun? Hm?" She smiled as ran her fingers over his scaley skin.

Dymetris grin grew wildly, admiring Roze courage to touch an iguana. "hey I think he likes you" he said, pointing out that Nico eyes kept staring at Roze blinking freakishly weird sideways. "do you have any pets? I know you can get one before school started but have my roommates decline to get one. Some already having an owl as a pet" Dymetris shrug. He would've been bored without Nico, he made each day count for him. He's glad he bought him at the pet store now it was time to tell his mothers about him.

Sam ran through the forest dodging trees and there roots as best she could though she stumbled a couple of times. She had been in a running club back home before she got her letter and it had just went to the back of her head. Her first year at Hogwarts she had barely ran unless she was running late for a class but had decided to change that this year and now ran whenever she had a spare minute. It helped her clear her head and relax, she also had a few bruises courtesy of not being the most coordinated person. As if to prove this her foot caught on a fallen branch and she fell face fist into a tree.

She fell back landing face up looking into the canopy green light streaming through the trees. She lifted a hand to her face feeling warm liquid just below her nose and pulling it away she saw the red of blood in her fingers. "Argh! That's just great," she said pulling her self to her feet and wiping her face with her sleeve. She started walking back the way she came, not one hundred percent sure she was going the right way. She held her sleeve to her nose trying to stop the bleeding. After about five minutes walking she heard voices and was soon standing in front of there source. "Hey, do either of you have a tissue? Burst my nose." She asked them taking her hand from her nose for a second to reveal the blood underneath.

Roze giggled at Nico and his funny little eyes. He had been staring at her since she started petting him.

"No, I don't have any pets. Not yet, at least." She said. "My parents sent me money for my birthday, though, and I think I want to get a pet. I just haven't gotten to go look for one, yet."

Soon after that, Roze froze and looked around. "Do you hear something?" She asked Dymetris. It sounded like footsteps. Roze turned a bit and saw someone coming toward them. Her heart sped. At first she thought it was a teacher and that they had been caught. Soon, though, she realized it was another student. The girl walked up to them and showed them her bloody nose and asked for a tissue.

"Oh my gosh! I'm sorry! I don't! Do you?" She asked Dymetris, unable to tell if the girl's nose was still bleeding or if it was just dried blood.

Sam could feel blood running down towards her mouth and after another minute she could taste it. Wiping it with the back of her hand and pinching her nose to try and stop the bleeding, she listened as the girl answered her. She wasn't surprised by her answer tissues weren't exactly a necessity when out for a walk or whatever they had been doing. "Don't worry about it it should stop soon," She said with a smile which she quickly regretted when pain shot through her nose. "So what were you doing out here?" She asked curiously looking back and forth between the two.

Dymetris had remain silent when a girl with a bloody nose join them. His mouth move to open, no words came out. He frail to say anything, keeping his head down, now that he seen enough of the girl bleeding. Dymetris stomach did a weird movement, a minute later he was use to the blood and the smell. Dymetris had a strong sense of it when someone was bleeding. "I was chasing my pet iguana here.." he pointed at Nico, the little scale creature stayed nestle between Roze hands. Dymetris mustered up a smile, "Are you okay? Sure you don't need a nurse?" he said worried, his smile slowly falling a little now that she was pinching her nose.

Sam turned to the boy as he spoke she didn't think he liked blood from the way he had ducked his head, not that anyone particularly enjoys the sight. She looked where the boy pointed and smiled "Oh wow he looks, wait is it a guy or a girl?, it looks so friendly just sitting there guess there fast if it got this far?" She knew what they were but had never seen one run before and would have guessed them slow. "And it's really fine it'll stop bleeding any second always does after a minute or two." She move her hand away lifting her clean hand to check if it had stopped and only the smallest dot came off her nose so she knew it was pretty much clotted.

"I was just out here looking for something to do when Dymetris and Nico showed up." She said, nodding toward Dymetris at the mention of him.

"Do you want some help cleaning that up? I know a spell for it," She offered when the girl's nose seemed to have stopped gushing blood. "And while we're on the subject, what were you doing out here that caused you to end up like this?" Roze couldn't imagine what could have happened.

"That would be great," she said gladly accepting the girls offer to clean the blood with a spell and moved her hands from her face so that she would be able to. Sam smiled at her next question "It's really not as exciting as it looks," she laughed a little as she thought of her own stupidity "I tripped and landed on a tree... with my face." She added the pause to put emphasis on the last part "I had just been out for a run." She added so she knew how she had tripped.

"Nico a male and I would say he's pretty fast for something that's suppose to move slow?" Dymetris stood up and gather Nico from Roze. His knowledge for iguana are fairly limited, he couldn't tell you much but he love it. Dymetris kept quiet when Roze offered a spell to heal the girls bleeding nose. "There's a spell for that? Hmmm and I don't even know it. Well glad your okay, ummm what's your name? If you don't mind saying it?" she wasn't shy, that much he could pick up easily. Roze already spoke his name and he wonder if he did the same? Dymetris memories weren't always sharp when it came to names and faces.

Roze couldn't help but laugh as she raised her wand to cast the cleaning charm. "Scourgify!" She collected herself to cast the charm, and then continued with her previous thought. "That sounds like something I would do." She said, giggling at the thought she created in her head of herself falling and hitting a tree. It sounded just like something she would do.

Sam automatically raised her hand to her face once the spell had been carried out to see if it worked and as far as she could feel it was perfect. "Thanks," she said with a smile before she turned to the boy again who she had been listening to while the girl preformed the spell. "'course I don't mind my names Sam, what about you?" she asked for his name in return "And you?" She added turning back to the girl too realising she didn't know her name either.

"Dymetris and this is Roze" he introduce the both of them, his shyness wasn't showing up today. "Glad to see your okay, I think I'm going to wonder around now. My legs want to move but my mind telling me to stay. The human body sure confusing" he almost said reciting, its like it was something his mother would say to him while she was doing his hair. He jump up on the log Roze had been sitting than headed towards the rough path that lead him into the forest. Like Roze, he had his wand tuck inside his deep charm pants pockets just in case he needed during off school hours.

Roze nodded once and smiled when Dymetris introduced her.

"Mind if we come along?" She asked Dymetris. Then she turned back to Sam and said, "That is, of course, if you want to."

"I don't see why not" Dymetris turn back smiling at Roze direction. "It be boring alone and Nico here not saying anything to me. He's rather shy sometimes" Dymetris chuckle at his small little joke. Nico, the eyes of his iguana look back at Dymetris, something told Dymetris he understood what he said. "Kidding Nico" he pet his the scale on his head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back