OOC First Name
Maria
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
bisexual
Florence had been surprised when she had been asked to be captain of the Beauxbatons team this year. She had been contemplating a bit if she wanted to accept it or not. In the end, Flo did accept it. Her family was excited for her, which she guessed had made her slightly better. But Florence was still nervous to lead. The girl had decided to arrive at the pitch a bit earlier to get the pitch ready for tryouts. She had made sure to leave out any extra gear just in case anyone who was trying out needed it. Once she thought that everything was prepared, she decided to take a couple of laps around the pitch to get a little practice in. She flew down when she noticed a few students starting to arrive. "Hey everyone! Welcome to try-outs! I'm Florence, but you can call me Flo. And I'll be the captain of the team this year" Florence says with a smile, try to be as enthusiastic as possible, though the nervousness was a little noticeable as she spoke. "Returning players, you guys know what to do. Feel free to help out those who are trying out as well." Flo said to the current team members, before letting them know that they can head up in the sky. "For those who are trying out, please state your name and what position you're trying out for," Florence says with a smile, as she looked at the students who were trying out. She then took a quick glimpse of her clipboard before looking back at the students. "Let's get started, shall we?"

POSITION:PLAYER:
Chaser + CaptainFlorence Bellerose
Chaser@Sébastien Cadieux
ChaserOPEN
Beater@Élise Moreau
Beater@Gemma Thorne
Seeker@Hugo De Rosier
KeeperOPEN
AlternatesOPEN

OOCOut of Character:
Welcome to tryouts!

Just a few reminders before we get started!
  • Returning players are guaranteed their current position as long as they post an attendance post.
  • If you were an alternate last year, you will need to try out again. New players or returning alternates please state and include your character's name and the position they want to try out for, before posting your try-out post.
  • Tryouts are open for second years and above! If you have a first-year that is interested in trying out, please PM me!
  • If there are any questions or concerns, please don't be afraid to reach out and PM me!
Have fun and good luck!

Last edited:
Ava had thoroughly enjoyed being on the quidditch team so far, even as an alternate. Her grandmother still wasn't too pleased with it but she seemed to be slowly starting to accept the idea. Ava didn't think she would ever warm up to it, but if acceptance was as good as it got than she would happily take that. She listened as the new captain spoke to them, stepping forward when it was her time to introduce herself. "Hi! I'm Ava, trying out for beater again." Ava smiled before hopping onto her broom and pushing off into the air. She spend her time alternating between playing offense and defense, grinning every time she managed to connect her bat with a bludger. She didn't hit all bludgers she aimed for and not all bludgers she hit sailed in the direction she wanted it to but in the end she felt like she had done a solid job. She had managed multiple bludgers strikes and had even hit a player or two, touching back down onto the ground with a familiar ache in her arm.

Elise shot the captain a nice big smile. it felt great to be back on the pitch and enjoy the wind through her hair. She held her beaters bat tightly and mounted her broom. When the try outs started she decided to use her skills to show what going against a beater meant. She shot a couple of shots and made sure to protect the seekers that were trying out as well.

Gemma was feeling a bit bittersweet as she arrived at the pitch for tryouts. It wasn’t going to be the same without Aramis, not to mention it was her last year on the team. But as she warmed up the determination that had driven her last year was back in full force. She wanted to win more than anything this year. She couldn’t stand the thought of losing to the Americans yet again. She listened as Florence went through all the introductions and wasted no time taking to the air. She was curious to see who might join them this year and how well they did at taking a bludger hit.

Amelie hummed softly as she walked down to the pitch, smiling at the others as she stood in line. "My name is Amelie Derouin, and I'm trying out for seeker again," She announced, before taking off into the air with the others. The try outs went well, she thought, she managed to catch the snitch six times before she hit the ground again.

While Hugo was excited for the Quidditch season to start, he also hated that he wasn't on the team with Aramis anymore. He missed him a lot as he headed to the pitch. He hoped whoever replaced him was any good. Hugo listened to the new captain, though it stung a bit it hadn't been him who was picked, and then took to the air to help out.

OOCOut of Character:
Thanks to all that have tried out so far! Just letting you all know that you guys have 24 hours left to try out! Don't miss out!

Ophelia had transfered to Beauxbatons, she'd spent the first four years of her education at Hogwarts Scotland and given that her mum had originally come to Beauxbaton, she had felt the need for it. Part of that was that Ophelia had decided she wanted to come to the school and be a part of the team here. Ophelia arrived at the pitch, where there were a number of girls who had clearly been at this school a while, but she stepped forward when it was her turn and smile. "Bonjour, I'm Ophelia, I'm trying out for Chaser," Ophelia said. She felt that would be the best position for her, and she felt it was the one she'd best be able to get on to the team with.

Ophelia got on to her broom and shot up into the air. She grabbed the quaffle when it was passed to her and flew with it. She'd always kept up her flying even if she hadn't bothered to be a part of the house team at Hogwarts. She spent the session scoring, missing and passing. her flying was good, perhaps not up to the standard of a player, but she could work on that with time. Eventually the session was brought to an end and Ophelia flew down to the ground.

Quidditch hadn't come naturally to Xenia. None of this had - she was a muggleborn, after all. She hadn't had much guidance for the magical world and had mostly had to work it out herself. It had taken her a bit to get used to flying, and then teaming it with sport, but she'd been working on it through her first three years at Beauxbatons. Plus, she'd had some practice playing soccer with her family over the holidays, and when she was keeping goal something just clicked. She knew she was finally ready to try out, and had rushed down to the Quidditch pitch as soon as she had had the chance (although she'd been a little delayed, having to catch up on some classwork first).

"Kalimera!"* she greeted, stubbornly sticking to Greek greetings considering her French was...a little slower than most. She understood it well, just couldn't speak it as well as the other students. Not as fast, at least. "My name is Xenia Nikolaidou, and I'm trying out for Keeper." She picked up a broom with a grin and shot up in to the air, taking a spot in front of the goals. In her first year she'd been terrified, but now Xenia was fearless, practically throwing herself in front of the quaffle to stop it from going through the goals. She could now combine her fearlessness of playing goalie to her practiced flying. She wasn't able to stop every goal, of course, but she did her best, refusing to let any missed catches get her down, cheerfully tossing the quaffle back to the chasers and letting them take more shots on the goal. She felt pretty good about the whole thing, looking forward to potentially getting to play more.

*Good morning!

Last edited:
[I caved]

Eren had his doubts about Quidditch, eyeing the pitch and the gathered players there with an unimpressed stare. Sure, he knew people got knocked around enough by the bludgers and stuff, but he wasn't sure it was going to be for him. Still, his parents and a few professors had made it clear that he either needed to get his act together or start packing so here he was, broom in hand as he listened to the captain address everyone. Hopefully Quidditch would be as good an outlet as everyone kept insisting it was, though at least the team had plenty of players who seemed easy on the eyes and Eren allowed himself some time to watch before he had to step up.

"Hey, I'm Eren, I guess I'm trying out for chaser," he offered with a shrug before swinging a leg over his broom. Eren knew he was a decent flyer, it was just about the only thing he could do outside of school that was stupidly boring, but he'd never really played any sort of organized sport. A few of the other team hopefuls seemed to want to try passing the quaffle or something, but once Eren got his hands on it, the only place it was going was through the hoops. At least until the stupid keeper got involved. Eren had managed a few easy shots while the keeper was distracted but he was blocked enough times to let out a string of curses under his breath, each blocked attempt only increasing his desire to show the stupid keeper up and score again. He'd almost completely lost track of time, realizing how long he'd been in the air once a whistle blew and he had to touch back down, sourly wiping his sweaty hair from his face and avoiding looking at anyone as he packed up.

OOCOut of Character:
Try-Outs are now closed!

Hello!! Sorry for posting the list a bit late! Thanks to all of those who tried out! Here is the list for this year's Beauxbatons Quidditch Team!

If there are any questions or concerns, please don't be afraid to PM me at any stage!

PLAYERPOSITION
ChaserFlorence Bellerose (Captain)
Chaser@Ophelia Reilly
Chaser@Eren Beste
Beater@Gemma Thorne
Beater@Élise Moreau
Seeker@Hugo De Rosier
Keeper@Xenia Nikolaidou
Alternate Beater@Ava Hastings
Alternate Seeker@Amelie Derouin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back