Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 9 ½ Inch Rigid Chestnut Wand with Unicorn Tail Hair Core
The Sorting Ceremony drew to a close in an eruption of claps and cheers resounding throughout the Great Hall, as the last remaining first year made their way to their new house table. Katherine joined in on the final applause. The Sorting Hat had done its job well, as always. While not every student may have agreed with their house placement - and as with every year some did indeed some looked shocked or disappointed by the decision - they'd soon learn that they were put into their house for the qualities they possessed, whether they were aware of them yet or not. Their traits weren't always so obvious at first, Katherine herself was at times surprised by where the hat placed some of the students, but as time went on and the children developed, their house attributes became more recognizable. The Headmistress was confident they'd come to understand that.
Removing the patchy enchanted hat and the stool it now sat on, Katherine levitated both to the left of the stage and returned to her place behind the podium, raising her hands to command silence. A hush fell over the hall and Katherine began to move on, her voice magically amplified with a Sonorus Charm. "Thank you, students. Now, before we begin, I'd like to introduce myself, and some of the other staff here. I am your Headmistress, Professor Katherine Alicastell, and beside me -" She gestured toward the staff table behind her, where the other professors were seated. "Are your Heads of Houses. These professors are here to guide you and lead your respective houses. Your Head of House for Hufflepuff is Professor Landon Carter. For Gryffindor, Professor Cyndi Kingsley, Professor Kahurangi Josephs for Ravenclaw and for Slytherin, Professor Kalif Styx." She introduced each of them present as she spoke, ensuring the newly sorted first years knew who to look for if they needed any assistance. After speaking briefly of key points of interest throughout the school, the hospital wing among them, she moved on to conclude the ceremony. "Another reminder to those old and new that the forest is strictly off-limits to students, and those found wandering through it without supervision will be punished severely. Another announcement I'd like to make is this; The house elves employed here are members of school staff, not your personal slaves. Some of you with house elves in the family may think it appropriate to treat them that way. Let me assure you, it is not. Students are welcome to politely request food from the kitchens out of breakfast, lunch and dinner hours. You are not welcome to demand it, nor are you welcome to help yourselves to the school's food supply without express permission from the elves or another member of staff. I hope I've made myself perfectly clear. With that said, I would like to welcome you all again to another fantastic year at Hogwarts. Stay out of trouble, study hard, and enjoy your time here. Now let the feast begin!" At once, the empty tables were filled with various foods - roast meats, potatoes, salads and pies tirelessly prepared by the house elves working in the kitchens below, and Katherine returned to her seat at the centre of the staff table.

Angel found he was surprised to actually be looking forward to the new year starting. The holiday break free of marking and lessons was definitely a good thing, but Angel was starting to become accustom to the hustle and routine of Hogwarts, much to his growing dismay. School starting also meant regular school meals, and Angel had accepted a long time ago that homecooking was not one of his strong suits.

Sitting at the staff table was still an interesting exercise in keeping a straight face, and Angel made a point of looking politely interested during the headmistress's feast. He'd grabbed a spot next to Josephine, finding more and more he was rather enjoying her company, in and outside of school these days. Once the sorting was finally done and food was on the table, Angel turned to her, arm propped on the table and a ready smile. "Ms Arora, ready to get back to it for another year?" He asked, raising his drink to her in a quick toast. @Josephine Arora

Josephine had worked at Hogwarts long enough now to tune out the Headmistress' speeches at various feasts. They were remarkably similar, and hardly ever contained interesting information for her personally. She had seen a new professor had joined the staff, but she didn't think that was mentioned in the speech. Josephine was pleased when Angel sat next to her, giving him a small smile as she turned to look at him. His company was certainly enjoyable, and his attentions flattering. "I am. What about yourself? Do you think it likely you'll get another injury from one of your more violent plants this year?" She asked with an amused smile. "I could use the company in the Hospital Wing. It would be welcome." She added, lightening the teasing a little.

@Professor Angel Castillo

Josephine was always a little tricky to read, but Angel liked to think he was starting to learn when to pick out her small pleased smile over the tight polite one she often sported with the student body. "All quiet for me," He said, sparing a moment of mental silence for all the naps he'd managed to squeeze in over the winter break. "Someone might get the impression you want me to get hurt," He added, quirking an eyebrow at Josephine. She wouldn't be the first or the last, but he meant it as playfully as he was hoping she did. "I'm sure I can always drop by unmaimed sometimes, if that won't ruin your fun too bad. Though the snargaluffs are particularly grumpy this year..." Angel hoped his sixth years had their wits about them this year in that regards, as he was pretty sure him showing up with some poor bloodied student wouldn't go down particularly well. @Josephine Arora

Josephine was a little annoyed with herself for how drawn she was to Angel. A part of her wanted to stop being so obvious about her interest, to keep him at a distance for a while and keep him guessing. But it was hard enough to have any sort of meaningful conversation with an adult at this school, and Angel was one of the few members of staff Josephine had gotten closer with. The fact that he was annoyingly handsome was just an added benefit. "Perhaps I want you to get hurt so I can patch you up." She said, her smile growing. "I do enjoy my job, you know." She added casually. "But I suppose dropping in unmaimed is acceptable. I'll have to check the hospital wing regulations on that." She joked lightly, taking a sip of her drink. "Aren't the students the ones who are supposed to deal with them?" She asked, leaning her elbow on the table, raising an eyebrow at him as she leaned a little closer.

Relationships were definitely not Angel's forte, but this part of them, the fun banter and playful remarks, that part Angel excelled at. And Josephine seemed to give as good as she got, which he loved. "Well, in that case, I'd hate to get between you and your work," Angel said, smiling slowly as he sipped his drink, dinner half forgotten. "I'm sure I could find time to stop by, you never know with the kids' homework too, I'm very prone to papercuts," Angel added, already putting together a plan in his head for later. "Unfortunately for me, I have to deal with the students." Angel said, raising his glass again to Josephine in a mock toast. @Josephine Arora

A distant part of Josephine's mind reminded her that they were at the staff table during a school event, and that this might not be the best time to get so caught up in flirting with a colleague, but she had trouble focusing on anything else. It was just too fun, and something about Angel's gaze was magnetic. She smiled at his words, and then couldn't contain a small laugh at his comment about papercuts. "I am an expert at treating papercuts." She said, clearly amused, "so you're lucky." Josephine raised her glass too, tilting her head a little. "So do I, comes with working at a school, I can only assume." She teased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back