Y24 Ravenclaw Quidditch Try Outs

Serenity Dion

OOC First Name
Pat
Sexual Orientation
Hetrosexual
Wand
Holly Wand 11 Essence of Phoenix Feather
Serenity arrived early on the Quidditch Pitch, much earlier than she had too. Dressed in a pair of work out leggings, trainers and a baggy Ravenclaw hoodie with her hair in a high messy ponytail, sipping on her fruit juice that she had brought from the castle before making her way down, Serenity sat on the grass looking out on to the Quidditch Pitch. While this was her second year as Captain on the Ravenclaw Quidditch Team and they had had some pretty good games last year she still had some knots of nerves as she waited for the rest of the team to arrive on the pitch, and she hoped some new faces also - they did need some alternatives to have in those 'just in case' moments.

After day dreaming for a while she realised that she had better finish setting up. She lined up some of the school brooms for those who didn't have their own and brought out the box that contained the most important part of Quidditch: the Quaffle; bludgers and snitch. Once people started to gather she grabbed her clipboard and quill to take down peoples names and mark off who, from last years team, showed up.

"Morning guys!" she greeted them all with enthusiasm. "So to any new faces, welcome to Quidditch tryouts, my name's Serenity and I'm the Captain and Seeker of this team. Today you will each be given the opportunity to show me what you got for your chance to join the team. Just come up to me, tell me your name and what position you're trying out for and then I'll provide you with what you need." she further explained what she expected from each position type in the tryouts. "Also, welcome to the old team. Thanks for taking your time to come down here today and lend a hand in helping the new guys." Without much ado she began the tryouts, watching each person and taking down notes. When it was over she thanked everyone and packed up, excited for what this year was going to bring.

OOCOut of Character:
For everyone on the team last year, as long as you post in this thread you are guaranteed your position in the team. Everyone else, we can always use lots of players, so one post with your arrival and try out! Plus, some members might not even post, so the line up could change heavily! Previous team, if you want to help the others try out, go on ahead too! Alternates, if you want a spot that is not what you have, then you need to try out again.

First years, you can PM me to approve before posting here. If I say no, you can defend your request. Below is the current team.

Serenity DionSeeker, Captain
Gabriel BlackChaser
Isaiah JeffreysChaser
Lucas ChaseChaser
Blaine MatthiasBeater
Zach JordanBeater
Ulysses ViteriKeeper
Frederick MensahAlternate Beater
Kurtis DoweyAlternate Beater
[th colspan="2"] Current Line Up[/th]

Zach was thrilled that this year he wold not need to try out for team courtesy of having finished the season as a starter. It had been a good season personally for him and he was looking forward to a great season for the team. Zach ate breakfast before a tryout for the first time since his first year and it felt good because it meant he would feel a sudden grumble of hunger mid air. He cleared his plate and picked up his broom having brought it to breakfast with him to save him going back to the common room.

Zach buttoned up his coat and headed down to the pitch feeling more relaxed than in previous years. He ducked into the changing rooms and changed into his team robes and headed out onto the pitch. "Hey Serenity, I've got a good feeling about today," Zach smiled warmly at his captain.

Isaiah's holidays had been average, well, as average as they got for someone like him. He had spent time with his family, his mind was else where as he made his way to the pitch for the quidditch try-outs. He had been pleased with how well they had done in the previous year and he was definitely looking forward to being able to get back up into the air and play some more games. It had always been a great joy of his quidditch and even though he was expecting that he would have more work, and perhaps a little less quidditch, but he loved quidditch just as much as he loved his studies. He stepped out on to the pitch and noticed Zach, one of the beaters and Serenity, the seeker, "Morning," he greeted them both warmly before then waiting for the instructions on how the try-outs were going to be run and then getting up into the air and actually practicing.

Silus wouldn't deny the fact that he was looking forward to the Quidditch ch tryouts. Spotting a broom in the window of a store while he was gathering school supplies had piqued his interest in the sport, and upon his arrival at the school, he did research on it -- which meant he was very interested indeed, as he almost never looked up anything at all. Arriving at the Quidditch Pitch, he took in the pleasant aroma of his surroundings, and started towards the Quidditch Captain. He sent her a wave as he neare her. "Hey there, name's Silus Hollister and I'm hoping to try out for the team. I'm thinking beater, but I'm flexible, so put me where you wish."

Ready to prove himself, he mounted a borrowed broom with a bludger's bat in hand, and took the skies, a broad grin stretched across his face as he moved swiftly through the air. Adrenaline rushed through him as the bludgers were released. Most conveniently, targets, enchanted to move, had been put up for practice. The feeling of freedom Silus had soaring through the air was almost distracting, but he remembered why he was here and zoomed towards one of the bludgers, giving it a mighty whack. Much to his delight, it spiraled towards his desires target, and made its mark. Grinning, he speedily headed for the next one. This time, his aim was a bit off, and so the bludger went flying past, missing it only by a few inches. The boy's ear's turned pink, and he made his next attempts really count, hitting the targets each time.

Finally satisfied he had given his all, he made his descent to the ground, made his dismount, and returned the broom and bludger's bat to the Quidditch Captain. He thanked her for his time there and her consideration. Now all he had to do was wait, to the best of his abilities.
OOCOut of Character:

I did purchase a Sienna Storm for Silus, but I got a pm that first years can't have brooms.

Ulysses was pumped up for another year of Quidditch matches. Last year, Ravenclaw claimed the Quidditch Cup but this didn't happen the way Ulysses would have wanted to happen. Winning because the opponent forfeited the match, wasn't something he really celebrate about but nonetheless, the cup was brought the their common room.
Ulysses was training hard to become a vital member for the team. He was playing as keeper and he took his job seriously. He was also excited this year because his best friend, Doriana, was also going to tryout for her house. It would fun blocking her shots since she was planning to tryout for chaser. Ulysses made a mental note to look for her after the tryouts were over and see how she did. He walked over to Serenity and greeted the girl with a smile. "Hello there! Everything's okay?" he gave her the thumbs up. He didn't waste time. He mounted his broom and launched towards the goalposts. He floated before the golden hoops and with a beckoning palm, invited the chasers to test his skills.

Serenity greeted her team-mates as they started to arrive on the pitch. She did hope that all of her team returned for Quidditch this year. Of course she understood that everyone had different commitments and varying levels of work and she didn't want to make them to feel that they had to join the team. Seeing a new face approach her she smiled at the first year. She knew generally first years weren't allowed on teams but if they did a good enough job she didn't see the harm in it. "Hi Silus!" she said with a warm smile, feeling weird that she was once that young..and small. "Ok, well get up in the air and I'll release the bludgers, try and hit a few and we'll see how you get on. If you want to try out for any other position let me know." she indicated to the box in front of her with the two bludgers dying to get out of their restraints. Once the first year was in the air she released them and watched the first year try out. "If any of you guys want to practice your positions, feel free." she mentioned to the rest of the team, not wanting them to feel like they were here for nothing.

Emilie had talked to the Ravenclaw captain earlier about trying out for the team. Having played Quidditch with her mother since an early age, she assumed that another alternate would be welcome on the team, especially since she was so adept at catching falling leaves, and seekers were a lot harder to come by. So turning up at the pitch a few minutes after the start of the practice, she walked to the captain and introduced herself. "Emilie Maurer, alternate Seeker I assume." The she hopped on a broom and kicked off.

She rose steadily higher, searching for a snitch. By ridiculous chance, there happened to be one buzzing around her head, and her arm snaked out and caught it. Feeling like a slight cheat regardless, she released it and shut her eyes for a while. Once open again, she slowly circled the pitch, trying to notice a flash of gold, or any indication that the snitch was somewhere. On her fourth flyby of the entrance, she noticed it, and dived, loving the feeling of the wind on her face. Pulling out at the last minute, Emilie chased the elusive orb across the pitch, before climbing up behind the goal hoops. As she twisted in midair, she felt the snitch hiss past her face, and once again she launched himself forward, inching closer to her prize. The broom accelerated her steadily towards it, and she slowly reached out a hand and grabbed it, loving the feel of the cool metal beneath her fingers. She may have been new to the team, but she still had some skill.

Blaine Matthias walked onto the pitch, dressed in his Ravenclaw Quidditch robes. He was looking forward to the new year, and hopefully, winning the cup this year. Ravenclaw wasn't doing so well points wise, but perhaps something else. He walked toward Serenity before he waved, "Hey there." Blaine was the beater for the team, so while the others tried out, Blaine mounted his broom and took up to the skies to help out.

Gabriel Black arrived on the Pitch a little after the start of tryouts. His position on the team was secure, but he wanted to see what new talent was coming to them this year. Gabriel nodded to the captain as he showed up before taking to the air to help the students trying out for chaser run drills.

Lucas Chase arrived to the Quidditch pitch with his broom on his shoulder. He knew that he was going to be on the team. He was a good chaser. By now, he had accepted his fate as a werewolf, and forever hate himself for it. However, he was going to just be himself. Without his butthole personality ruling his life because he did not deserve to inflict it on others. He nodded toward the captain, before flying up to help the others practice, as much as he hated to help out.

OOCOut of Character:
Ok so tryouts have gone on for sometime now and with the first game starting soon it's time to wrap this up. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to post and try out. The line up in below, everyone on it, keep an eye on your PMs

Serenity DionSeeker, Captain
Gabriel BlackChaser
Isaiah JeffreysChaser
Lucas ChaseChaser
Blaine MatthiasBeater
Zach JordanBeater
Ulysses ViteriKeeper
Silus HollisterAlternate Beater
Emilie MaurerAlternate Seekerr
[th colspan="2"] Final Line Up[/th]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back