Brooke Townsend

🤍 No Grit No Pearl 🤍

OOC First Name
Kris
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Brooke wasn't sure when Natalia had become her de facto date to the school events but she wasn't about to start complaining. She'd come to appreciate Natalia a lot over the years for a lot more than just her family's connections and reputation and it was a feeling she'd taken more and more time to ruminate on lately. For the longest time, Brooke had always seen relationships as an exchange, a deal where they each got something out of the arrangement, even with her friends like Delilah and Ivy but with Natalia, maybe there could actually be something more there than boosting her reputation socially.

The evening had been going well, Brooke relieved to find she was actually able to relax and enjoy herself for a moment with Natalia out on the dancefloor. "Hey, do you want to go sit somewhere quieter?" She asked as the song they'd been dancing to ended, nodding her head to a more isolated spot that had appeared between two rose bushes in the garden nearby. "I think I really needed tonight," Brooke said with a smile, shifting her weight off her feet as she sat down on the garden bench, glancing at Natalia fondly.

It had surprised Natalia a little when she realized Brooke wanted to go to another dance with her, but she had been very happy. Brooke was fun to be around, and Natalia felt lucky the older girl wanted to hang out with her. Spending time at these events with Brooke made Natalia realize how fun they could be. Before, she would mostly spend her time at dances just standing on the sidelines. With Brooke, she found herself dancing and laughing, enjoying herself.

After they danced, Brooke asked if they could go somewhere quieter. Natalia felt herself blush a bit, but tried to ignore it. Brooke was probably just tired of dancing. "That sounds nice." She said quietly, following Brooke to the spot she indicated. She sat down next to her. "It's a lovely evening." She said, wishing she knew of something more interesting to say.

Brooke took a moment to breathe as she and Natalia sat in the garden. She was distinctly aware that half the school was still mere metres away but tucked on a bench by one of the larger rose bushes helped Brooke not mind to much. It wasn't often she felt like she could really just be herself these days and she had to privately credit at least some of that to spending time with Natalia.

"It's good, I haven't been really taking the time to just enjoy myself lately, so thanks for that," she said with a small smile, feeling bold enough to brush a hand over Natalia's as she spoke. "You know, I can't believe I'd only originally spoke to you because of your family. And even then I nearly decided it wasn't worth it." Brooke shook her head with a huff of amusement at the idea. How miserable that would have made the last few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back