Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Straight 16 Inch Swishy Laurel Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
Halloween was such a fun time! Rose enjoyed the holiday even if she never really celebrated it at home, as the feast was always fantastic. The professors and everyone working at the school did such a good job of decorating the great hall and making it look all spooky, and Rose loved being here at this time. But as usual, she had forgotten to pack a costume. To her surprise and delight, however, she had found a silly Christmas hat at the bottom of her trunk and had decided that would work well enough as a costume. She knew she looked funny, and had already seen a few people laugh as they saw her pass, but she didn't mind. It was nice to look silly rather than scary, she thought, and making people laugh was never a bad thing.

Not seeing any of her friends just yet, Rose wandered around a little aimlessly. She was excited to eat the food that was set out for them but would prefer to eat with someone to keep her company. Whether it was her one of her best friends or a stranger she could get to know, it was always better to spend holidays like this with someone else.

Spencer had decided to dress up rather last minute so his costume wasn't the best, but he had managed to put something together in a fashion that he could claim to be something. Once he was ready, Spencer made his way through the common room, past all the people waiting for their dates and out into the corridor. Spencer had considered asking someone to be his date, but in the end he didn't have the guts to ask the girl he actually wanted to. He tried not to think too much about it and instead tried to focus on having a good night as he made his way into the Great hall.

It always amazed him to see the Great hall so well decorated for the Halloween feast, Spencer had always liked Halloween decorations, he liked all things scary which was why Halloween was his favourite holiday. After taking time to admire the decorations, Spencer looked around at the various people in costumes and one in particular stood out. He took a breath and decided to man up and go talk to the girl in the silly Christmas hat. "You know Christmas is still a couple of months away right?" He asked Rose, holding in a laugh.

Rose was so delighted by everything around her that she had forgotten for a moment what she had been dressed as. Because of this, she had no idea what the boy was talking about for a few seconds before it clicked. "Oh! Of course." She said with a grin. "But I'm dressed as a Christmas tree, see? When you it's a costume it can work for Halloween, right?" She paused. "Let's just pretend that's how it works, between you and me it's all I had. What are you anyway? Some sort of prince?" She was happy to have company now and beamed at him. "Spencer, right? Weren't you the guy that saved me when I nearly set the common room on fire that one time? Thanks again. I would have been expelled faster than you could say... a short word." Her sentence sort of petered out and she sighed, she wasn't always the best at being witty. Phoebe was, and she looked around to see if she saw her sister anywhere. She snorted as she spotted her running around chasing two kids in dragon costumes at the other end of the hall. "That's my sister." She said, pointing. It was kind of delightful to see Phoebe act like a kid, as she sometimes talked as if she were a professor or something. She turned back to the boy. "Do you have siblings?"

Spencer laughed as Rose explained her choice in costume, he supposed she was right, she was as dressed as something and Halloween lately was more about dressing up and less about being scary. "Okay okay, lets just say it works," Spencer nodded when she doubled checked that she had his name right, "Yeah Spencer, yes that was me, that was funny I have to admit," Spencer laughed, hoping that Rose had seen the funny side of the incident now it had passed with no expulsions. Her attempt at being witty was quite cute but Spencer didn't have chance to dwell on it before Rose pointed out her sister who seemed to be running around with two students dressed as dragons. Spencer laughed and Rose seemed happy to see her sister acting in such a way. "I do, I have an older sister, Charlotte, she's Slytherin quidditch captain and a prefect so you know, she's a lot to live up to," Spencer sighed hoping he hadn't brought the mood down. "Is she your only sister or do you have more?"

Rose was happy to hear Spencer thought her costume worked, though she noticed he didn't actually say what he was dressed at when she asked. Maybe she had guessed wrong and he was embarrassed? She decided not to bring it up again. Rose smiled at him when he explained about his sister. "Wow! That is a lot." She told him. "But you don't have to be the same, you know? Just because she does those things doesn't mean you have to." She said, hoping it didn't sound preachy. "I'm the oldest, though, so for me it's a bit different I guess." She added with a small shrug. "Oh boy do I have more, I have three!" She said with a laugh. "But Phoebe is the only one who is old enough for Hogwarts yet, though my sister Diana is coming next year. I guess in my case they'll be looking at me for what to live up to. But I won't make it nearly as hard on them as your sister with her titles." She shrugged, adjusting the hat on her head and flicking a few curls behind her shoulder. "I'll never play quidditch so captain is out of the question, and I'll eat this hat if I ever become prefect. I've been caught by professors out of bounds like three times already! And you saw what happens with me and fire."

Spencer laughed at Rose's reaction to all of Charlotte's titles, it was true his sister had achieved a lot in her time at the school so far and of course there was still more she could do. "Oh I know, and I don't reckon I would like having all that responsibility if I'm honest," Being a prefect had never really appealed to Spencer, it always seemed like Charlotte had too much to do at once and he'd rather just focus on getting out of school with decent grades and having a good time in the process. "Wow thats a lot of siblings, I don't know how you cope with all that crazy," Spencer laughed, of course having siblings had its moments of crazy, but he loved his sister. "Oh please, a few incidents and no one found out about the fire. Last year Rudolf Lagowski was a prefect and I heard he was a troublemaker in his early years,"

Rose grinned at Spencer's statement about responsibility. "Me neither!" She said happily. "And I cope with all that crazy by being the craziest of them all." She joked with a grin. "Nah, but seriously I don't know any better! It's kinda neat to have so many, you always have someone to hang out with you know. We're fairly close in age so that's pretty neat." She said with a shrug. "We'll all be at Hogwarts at the same time in a few years, that's weird to think about!" Her expression turned horrified at the idea of being prefect. "Oh Merlin no! I don't think my friend Rory would stop laughing at me for an entire year if I got made prefect." She said with a small laugh. "We had a competition about who could lose most points in our first year. Please, there's a bunch of better suited girls in our year." She had never really considered who would get prefect in their year before. She doubted it would be Harley or Rory or her. Maybe Sofia? Or Autumn. She had no clue. "You might get it though." She joked back at him. "I don't think you've set anything on fire recently."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back