Obliviator for MACUSA | HNZ 1st Graduating Class

OOC First Name
Amanda
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Widow
ESTRELLA DRAGE,

I miss you soooo much! I haven’t seen or written to you in ages, and I do apologize. Time flies by way too quickly and I can’t believe I have been away for almost three years now!

How are you? What is going on with Hogwarts? How is the dorm room? Do you still smuggle in Cherry Cokes and Twizzlers? Have you run into any more baby dragons?

Here are some recent pictures of Nanook, me, and the lighthouse.
hx3u3p.jpg

6zrdqq.jpg

2dm6qmx.jpg

I have so much to discuss with you, but first I’d like to know how you are doing!

Love,
Courtney

Estrella had been absolutely ecstatic when she had gotten a letter from none other than Courtney Potter. She had nearly shrieked when she had opened it up at breakfast, her overly excited demeanor gaining her a lot of odd looks. The Ravenclaw girl had abandoned her plate of kippers and oranges as she rushed out of the Great Hall to respond to her former roommate and best friend's letter. Not having heard from Courtney in ages, she put quill to parchment and had constructed a letter in no time.

Placing the letter into an envelope, she made the long trek to the Owlery. She couldn't wait to get a response from Courtney. Estrella had missed her friend quite a lot ever since she left the school, and since this was graduation year, even more so.

COURTNEY POTTER,

I'm willing to bet I miss you more! I know! It's been ages, hasn't it? My apologies for not writing; these past few years have been so ridiculously busy! I can't believe that in less than a term we're going to be graduating.

I'm doing alright I guess! Hogwarts is Hogwarts. We have a lot of new students- you should see all of the transfers! I haven't seen so many people in the class of 2023 since the school first opened! Right now, we're dealing with NEWT classes. Fun, I tell you. If you can't tell, that was totally sarcastic! They're complete, unadulterated hell. It seems all that we have is homework these days! I made Head Girl last year, so that keeps me busy too. The dorm room is doing fine as always- there's an empty bed with your name still on it! Unfortunately I have not been able to have Cherry Coke or Twizzlers for a long while. Saddening, I must say. And no, I've not seen a baby dragon. I wonder if the Silver Stink has been shut down yet!

'Discuss' is not a good enough word! We HAVE to get together sometime. So, Courtney Potter, what is going on with you? Heck, what happened to you? Where did you move to(and where's the lighthouse?) Are you in a new school? Tell me all about it!

Totally adorable picture of Nanook by the way. He's gotten so big. And you, my dear, are gorgeous! It'd be ten times better seeing you in person though!

Write back soon!
Love,
Estrella

After sending a few letters to her closest buddies at Hogwarts New Zealand, Courtney sat on the snowy beach and wondered who would be the first to respond to the letter. If any of them even decide to respond at all, since it has been so long since I've contacted any of my friends... After a few moments of watching the waves smack against the snowy shoreline, Courtney spotted an owl headed her way. Jumping up, Courtney dusted the snow off of her pants and ran to grab the letter. It was from Estrella!!!!

Once inside, Courtney read Estrella's letter over and over again before pulling out her quill and parchment to write back.
Estrella,

I am just absolutely thrilled to have you send a letter back so soon! Congratulations on making Head Girl! You totally deserve it, you're definitely the smartest seventh year at Hogwarts New Zealand.

Wow, lots of transfer students you say? I can't believe I'm missing it! Must be so much fun for you guys. NEWT classes must be a drag, but I know you'll be able to manage and pass them with flying colours. I'm homeschooled, so I guess I am not feeling the pain of taking classes as much as you are. Speaking of getting together, I would love to! But are students allowed off school property, or are visitors allowed to come to Hogwarts New Zealand?

Funny that you would mention the Silver Stink. Have you been back there yet? If not, and if it is still open, we are SO giving it a little visit once we graduate and I get a chance to come back to New Zealand.

Not much has been going on with me. I'm just chilling (literally, it is the middle of winter) in Nova Scotia, Canada, living in the lighthouse with my family.

Please keep in touch! Send some photos, I need something to put up on my bare bedroom walls!

Love,
Courtney

In the hustle and bustle of NEWT classes, Estrella had almost forgotten about Courtney's letter. When an owl swooped through her dorm room window, she was elated to find that it was carrying a letter from her friend. A friend that had once inhabited this room. Glancing dolefully at Courtney's vacated bed, she tore open the letter and read it with glee. After scanning over it a couple of times, she crawled to the end of her bed, knowing that it would be a chore to dig through her giant trunk for her camera.
Courtney,

Thanks! I wouldn't say smartest, but I figure I am up there. I'm a Ravenclaw after all! Classes are a bit lonely without you in them! You wrote back pretty quickly too.

Wow, you are being homeschooled? That has to be nice. Do you still have to sit the exams? Oh, I forgot to mention that we have a Quidditch game coming up soon! Ravenclaw will be against Slytherin. I'm so excited! Lily has gotten together a really good team. I'm hoping we'll wipe up the Quidditch pitch with the snakes.

Getting together is just essential! Although I must give you the warning beforehand- you're going to get tackled! I know that you could visit Brightstone Village on one of the weekends. I wonder if you would be allowed to come and watch a game?

I haven't gone back there at all. I personally hope it burned to the ground... That is a great idea though! Maybe sometime after graduation we could take a tour down Bleak Street for old time's sake? We are adults now after all... not silly little fourth years! Or were we third years then?

Wow, you're living in the lighthouse? What is it like there? I bet you have an awesome view! I imagine it must be frigid. It's the middle of summer here. The heat is almost unbearable at times, but it is better than freezing my backside off! I can't say I miss the snow too much.

Do you have any plans for after school? Maybe I'll have to visit you on the other side of the world!

I managed to find my camera and managed to snap a picture. I'll have to send more later! Maybe I can get you some shots from Quidditch!

ed.jpg

I suppose I better get back to working on my Herbology assignment(BLAH!) I look forward to your next letter!

Love,
Estrella

Courtney had been sitting at her desk reading about transfiguration when she received three letters from three different owls within a period of thirty minutes. Courtney grabbed the letter that was on the top of her pile and tore it open. Courtney took a break from her readings to read Estrella's letter and look at the picture that was sent. After reading the letter, Courtney giggled and sighed, sometimes she wished she could be back at Hogwarts New Zealand spending time with her friends.
Estrella,

Being homeschooled is nowhere near as fun as it sounds. It is nice to spend time with my parents, but they can be looney, and I don't have any friends to escape to out here. I do still have to write exams, so I guess that would put me in about the same position you are in right now (a slightly stressful one).

Oooh, I am so glad that you mentioned quidditch! I'm very proud of Lily for making team captain, and I know the Ravenclaw quidditch team can kick Slytherin's butt any day out on the pitch! Wow, I definitely miss playing quidditch with both the house and club teams. One can only have so much fun chasing a bludger with a beater's bat alone. I would love to come to New Zealand to watch a quidditch game! Do you think it can somehow be arranged? If not, we could meet up during a Brightstone weekend. Regardless of where we get together, you will absolutely be tackled as well!

Hmmm, I can't remember what year we were in when we visited Bleak Street, I'm thinking it must have been fourth. And of course, for old time's sake, we will have to visit that little horror of a shop/street once again. I mentioned to mom and dad that I wanted to move to New Zealand once my homeschooling was over, and they weren't completely against the idea. THIS IS GOOD NEWS!

Your picture is very pretty, you have grown up a lot. I would love to see shots from the quidditch game as well.

Good luck with your school work
Love,
Courtney

To Courtney said:
Well, I've got some news from this side of the world. RAVENCLAW WON! (100 to 30!) It was a really intense game and I wish you could have been here to beat for us! There were a few problems with rule breaking and stuff, and lots of people were injured, but what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger, right? I've learned to be more mindful of bludgers. They HURT!

It's great to have Quidditch up again. I'm not sure if you can come and visit... Maybe you could send an owl to Professor Rambolt? She's the Headmistress now (or co-Headmistress, something like that) and she might just let you return here to watch a game! That would be tons of awesome.

That is VERY good news! We will definitely need to arrange something after graduation. We could get together for a few days and tear up Obsidian Harbor and Bleak Street! Nobody will know what hit them.

Thanks for the luck, I'm really going to need it! I'm absolutely drowning here. I want to skip Transfiguration ever day I have it! (How Ravenclaw of me, right?) How are you doing in your studies by the way?

Haha, thank you. You're very pretty as well! I bet all those Canadian boys are just crawling all over you. I'll have to find someone who was taking pictures at the game... I'll get you those photos next letter, promise! Maybe I could even bug Lily for a team picture sometime.

I'm looking forward to your next letter!
Love,
Estrella

Estrella,

So great to hear from you again, I'm glad that we've been keeping in touch so well for the past few months. It almost feels like I'm back sitting in the Ravenclaw dorm room with you girls (I wish)! CONGRATULATIONS on the Ravenclaw victory! I knew you guys would win! Ravenclaws always give it their all and practice, practice, practice! Plus, you all are loaded with natural talent. I wish I was still there to play with you guys, maybe then you wouldn't get attacked by bludgers as much! Kidding! Sorry about the injuries and please send my love and luck to the team for the next game. Maybe I will send an owl to the headmistress, I'll have to see what my parents think about the idea first, though.

Oh, we will absolutely tear up Obsidian Harbour and Bleak Street! I've been saving up my galleons for ages to go shopping! Graduation is getting sooner and sooner every day! I am unbelieveable excited to be able to see you again, this is fantastic! Although I am sure it will be sad for you graduates to leave many friends behind..

And I'm sorry about Transfiguration, but I'll also admit that it was never one of my favourite classes. I suppose I'm doing well in my studies, my father is a little nutty so the lessons are bizarre.

Get that team photo from Lily and send it over!!! I'll be looking forward to hearing from you again!!

Love,
Courtney

Courtney,

Same here! We're gearing up to play Hufflepuff now... we beat Gryffindor 70 to 20 last week! I'm hoping we will crush the badgers. Seeing as we don't have a snowball's chance in heck of winning the House Cup, it'd be really awesome if Ravenclaw could win the Quidditch one. I have my fingers crossed!

Also, I got a team photo from Lily, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to hand it out yet but I'm pretty sure she'd forgive me. Hope you like it! Ravenclaw misses you.

2qxth54.jpg

I wish you were here in the dorm room with us! At least we'll get to see each other over the summer. It's so soon! I'm a little frightened to graduate but on the other hand I'm just happy to be done taking classes. I think bizarre lessons would be fun... might add a little life into things.

Sadly, I must cut this short. Quidditch game tomorrow, and I have to get plenty of sleep.

Looking forward to seeing you this summer!
Love,
Estrella

Users who are viewing this thread

Back