Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Freya
Wand
Curved 14 Inch Rigid Cypress Wand with Acromantula Web Core
After the letter he received from Hannah on his fifteenth birthday, Asaiah was eager to write to one for her old school friends. His sister had never really told him about the friends she had made during her seven years at Beauxbatons, unlike him who talked about his friends quite often, but this girl he had heard of because apparently she was a beater on the schoolteam, and a pretty good one at that too. So that day, after classes, Asaiah decided to go up to the Owlery and write his letter to Jessica.
Addressed to Jessica Park said:
October 18th, 2043

Dear Jessica,

I hope that it is OK for me to write you, Hannah told me that you would probably be cool with it.

Anyway. I'm Asaiah, Hannah's younger brother.  In the recent letter she wrote to me she mentioned that a Quidditch team had been formed at Beauxbatons and that one of her friends, you, had been picked to play the - in my opinion the best one of them all - position of Beater.

I was wondering if maybe you would like to answer a couple of my questions if you don't mind. I would have totally bothered Hannah with this, but because she's not longer a student at the school, I cannot do that.

So what is Quidditch like up there? Hannah told me that there aren't houses you get sorted into like here, so how do you play Quidditch at Beauxbatons?

Hope to hear from you soon,
Asaiah Murphy.

P.S.
I hope that Hannah only ever said nice things about me.

Jessica had been rather surprised to receive a letter from someone completely unexpected, but she didn't mind it. Hannah had been her good friend at Beauxbatons when she had first arrived and she had shown her around the school. But now the older girl was gone, but it seemed Hannah made sure to keep her with some sort of company while she was gone by telling her brother about her. Jessica had smiled at his letter and decided to write back to it.
Letter for Asaiah Murphy said:
</FONT>
October 21, 2043​
<FONT font="georgia">
Dear Mr. Murphy,

Hannah has a younger brother? She's never mentioned that before.

Just kidding! Hi there, happy to answer any questions you have, it's a good distraction from my homework. I remember her mentioning that you played Beater too, that's awesome! It definitely is the best position on the field. What's the fun in Quidditch without us right?
Yeah our school doesn't have houses, so we only have one school team which makes tryouts that much harder. There are 1 in 8 chances for you to be on a team at Hogwarts, but here there's only 1 in 2 total. So basically I'm better than you. :p Just kidding, Hannah mentioned you were pretty good too. Something about you being on the team since your second year, is that right?

I feel it is only fair since you asked me questions that I get to ask a few as well. What are the houses for at Hogwarts? Do you get to pick which one you end up in? Which one's the better one?

Write back yeah? I could use more distractions like this.
Bye!
- Jessica

P.S. If you talk to your sister soon tell her I said hi, I miss her!

October 23th, 2043​

Jessica,

If you can use the distraction, then I will definitely write to you as long as you want me to. It certainly is a good distraction from homework.

Hah! You wanna test that on the field sometime? I bet I could kick your ass. Yeah I joined my team as an alternate in my second year, and got to play full time a year later. It has definitely been fun! I broke my arm once though, that was less fun.

Each founder of Hogwarts valued different things in people, that's why there are houses, so you'll be around people who are somewhat like you are. (at least that's what I think) You don't get to pick the house you want to be in, the sorting hat makes that decision for you. He does listen to what you prefer sometimes though. I guess I should say that Slytherin is the best house because that's the house I'm in, but it's really not that good. Most students in Slytherin are arrogant snobs who think that they're better than everyone else - I don't think that of myself in case you were wondering. If I'm being honest I think that either Hufflepuff or Gryffindor is the best house.

Hannah mentioned something about you being in your fifth year now? How's that treating you, busy much? I'm in my fourth year now. Do you reckon there's a big difference in what they teach us?

I look forward to your next letter!
Asaiah.

</FONT>
Oct. 25, 2043​
<FONT font="georgia">
Asaiah,

Ha! See that's where you're wrong. You may have made it as an alternate since your second year, but I've actually been playing since my second year, and I'm a fifth year so I have a year of experience on you. Nice try though! But I'd be happy to prove you wrong on the pitch in person some time just for good measure!

Houses sound weird, so you're basically separated by different values, hmm. I'm not sure I believe you're not an "arrogant snob Slytherin" considering you're in that house and you just tried to claim to be better at me than Quidditch! But I guess I'll give you the benefit of the doubt because you're Hannah's little brother and she's awesome, so I guess by extension you are too.

I guess there must be more advanced stuff for fifth year because of the OWLs this year. It's a little scary because they suddenly don't stop talking about those tests. I'm not too stressed about it yet but I know some of my classmates are already so maybe I'm not taking it seriously enough? I don't know, I just think it's pointless to worry when it's not even the next semester yet...right?

Until next time!
Jess

October 28th, 2043​

Jessica,

Why wait till we meet on the pitch when you can come and visit? We have our own space to play Quidditch, and I bet Hannah would be happy to see you again.

That's just being competitive though, there are people in Slytherin that actually think they are perfect and better than everyone else in every way. I'm seriously wondering if maybe you're mental now though. Did you really just call Hannah 'awesome'? She has got you fooled, just like mom and dad. (I'm joking of course, I love her.)

As long as you've got notes it's fine I guess. I know I'm not planning on studying for my OWLs in the first semester, it'd be a very boring year otherwise, right?

See you!
Asaiah.

Sent the same day said:
October 28, 2043​
Asaiah,

Come visit, like to New Zealand? Hmmm... One of my Quidditch captains went to New Zealand this past summer (or I guess winter for you?) - that place must be popular. Maybe it's worth checking out, if only to see Hannah again because yes she is awesome! I may just take you up on your offer though. When are you guys on break?

See you soon?
Jess

October 29th, 2043​

Jessica,

The next break for us is the Christmas holidays. You know, we also have these weekends when we are allowed to visit the wizarding village close to the school. Maybe you could come and visit then if you can?

Definitely!
Asaiah

Oct. 31, 2043​
Asaiah,

You must really want me to kick your butt at Quidditch! But I have been wanting to go somewhere new, maybe I can convince my parents to let me go. When is the next weekend?

I'm sorry I've gotta keep this letter short because I'm going to a Halloween party tonight and my friends are already mad that I'm keeping them waiting to send this owl back!

Talk to you later!
-Jess

P.S. Next one will be longer I promise!
P.P.S. What are you going to be were you for Halloween?
P.P.P.S. I'll give you 3 guesses as to what my costume was! But not right now because my friends are about to kill mE BYE!!

November 1st, 2043​
Jessica,

You really think you're that good, don't you? Well, we'll see who is better soon, hopefully. I might be wrong about the dates, because usually either the Head of House reminds us of those weekends, or my friends do, but I think it's the second weekend of November. I hope that your parents will let you go, I could show you around the village!

How was your Halloween? Hopefully you didn't eat too much candy! I was dressed as Red Hood. (see the picture inside of the envelope) He's a comic book character in case you don't know who he is. It is a really cool costume, but way too hot to wear inside, I think I sweating a lot whilst wearing his helmet. How am I supposed to guess your costume - that's impossible x)

Anyway, let me know if you can come so I can ask Hannah if she has time to come and visit as well.

Asaiah

spider-monkey23-redhood.jpg

November 3, 2043​
Asaiah,

I don't think I'm that good, I know I am! It's just facts! The second weekend in November, like next weekend? That's cutting it a little close Mr. Murphy, but lucky for you my parents said it was okay! They were a little confused why I wanted to go halfway across the globe, but I told them I had to show someone I was the best Beater at Quidditch! They're Muggles so they didn't really get it but they said as long as I was safe and got back to France in time for school then they were okay with it. So get ready to have your butt kicked!
I may go easy on you if Hannah's around, I wouldn't want to embarrass you too much in front of someone as cool as her. ;) I hope she can make it, if not it's up to you to show me around New Zealand!

My Halloween was great! My friends and I snuck out of the castle and went around the city in our costumes. There's no such thing as too much candy! How was your Halloween? Your costume is impressive!! This might sound weird but this whole time I've been thinking of you as "Hannah's little brother" so when I saw your picture I didn't realize how not young you actually are, haha!

As for my costume, I will give you 3 hints as to what I am and you can guess! I was trying to write out the clues in my last letter but my friends were tired of waiting for me so that's why I said it would have to wait! Let's see if you can guess:
1) She's a villain!
2) She has more than one hair color (pink is one of them!)
3) She's from a comic book too, but I went for the movie version
I expect an educated guess with your next letter! I may send you a picture if you get it right because I looked pretty good if I do say so myself.

See I told you this letter would be longer! But since I celebrated Halloween a little too hard now I'm stuck catching up with all my schoolwork :( Write back soon so I have something to look forward to in the midst of all this work!

Until next time,
Sica

November 5th, 2043​

Jessica,

I know it's close, but I didn't want to wait until Christmas to show you who is the better Quidditch player.  I'm glad that you got permission to come and visit the village! I've owled Hannah, but she has yet to owl me back. I honestly wouldn't mind showing you around myself, my sister would only distract you from everything. I am looking forward to the weekend already!

You're able to sneak out of the castle?! Damn, I wish me and my friends could do that too. Mine was OK, turns out the helmet was a good place to store candy in!! Thanks! A lot of work was put into it so I'm glad you think it's impressive. It doesn't sound weird at all, I think. I mean we've never seen each other before and you have only heard about me through Hannah. But yes, I'm not that young anymore.

Sorry to have kept them waiting.

I've been thinking about it for a few hours, and to be frank, the only female villain I know - I actually know two but the other one isn't a villain anymore - with more than one hair colour would be Harley Quinn, right? If not I give up.

You most certainly did, and I must say that I prefer the longer ones as this really is a great distraction from responsibilities. Speaking of school, what subjects are you taking?

Writing to you is fun, so don't keep me waiting long!

Asaiah

November 6, 2043​
Asaiah,

You make very good points! I wouldn't want to wait until Christmas to prove you wrong, so next week it is! And with Hannah around I would just want to hang out with her and probably go easier on you because you're her brother. So I guess you'll have to be my tour guide.

My friends and I are pretty good at sneaking out of the castle, but we can't do it too often because I can't jeopardize my position on the team! You don't have to apologize for keeping them waiting, it was my doing. I insisted on writing back to you before we left because I didn't want to forget.

And yes you guessed my costume correctly! I sent a picture for you to see! Not sure if you've ever seen a picture of me through Hannah, I'm assuming not, but even if you had I don't think you'd recognize me. Maybe Hannah wouldn't recognize me right away because the last time she saw me I was still brunette/blonde but now my hair is bright pink. I've been told it's pretty distracting on the field but that makes me like it even more haha.

I'm taking Defense Against the Dark Arts, History of Magic, Muggle Studies, Charms, and Divination. Most of them are pretty boring to me honestly. I just want to be a professional Quidditch player but my advisor recommended I take all these classes for my OWL year. What classes are you taking? And what type of "responsibilities" do you possibly have to avoid?

So does Hannah know we write to each other a lot?

See you soon,
Jessica

tumblr_o4vdtgAYhL1tqa6t4o1_r1_500.gif

November 7th, 2043​

Jessica,

You don't have to go easy on me just because she would be around, I'm perfectly capable to take care of myself, so you better bring it all. That being said, expect me to give it a full 100%!

How do you and your friends sneak out of the castle anyway? Aren't there professors and prefects and what not patrolling the corridors and hallways? You've got me seriously impressed, Jessica. If only we could get away with sneaking off school grounds, oh man.

Yes!! hey, at least I'm good at costume guessing if I fail to beat your ass at Quidditch! x) Nope, this will be the first time I will have seen a picture of you, I don't think Hannah's ever showed me pictures of her friends though. You quite nailed it. I'd very much like to see you in per- Hah! That's truly genius! (I can assure you that it will not distract me though)

I'm taking Defence Against the Dark Arts, History of Magic, Potions, Ancient Runes, Transfigurations, Charms, and Arithmancy. HoM is definitely my favourite subject! I want to be a professional Quidditch player as well, though I'm studying to become a Curse-breaker, you know, just in case I'm not good enough for professional Quidditch teams, or if I'm done playing the sport. I think it's smart of your advisor to recommend you those classes! Some are very useful! I'm mostly just avoiding homework, because it's a lot.

Hannah knows that we were writing to each other at some point, but I decided not to tell her about the other letters we've sent each other because she'd only tease me. By the way, she told me she wouldn't be able to make it, something about looking for a job with mom. I'm sorry if were excited to see her again.

I hope you are doing well!
Asaiah

For Asaiah Murphy said:
November. 8, 2043​
Asaiah,

I shouldn't be telling you this top secret intel, but one of my friends is a prefect so that actually gives us an advantage to sneak out of the castle. He can tell us when and where certain professors or prefects are patrolling, but I think in our case for Halloween we just got lucky because the whole school was celebrating in one place so it made it easy not to notice us gone.

Now I definitely know I'm better than you at Quidditch because you have doubts about becoming a professional! :p It's smart that you're thinking ahead though, I can't play Quidditch forever. I haven't figured out what I want to do just yet. What made you interested in curse breaking? And what team do you go for?

I wouldn't be so sure about not being distracted on the field, I've been told I'm pretty distracting and that was before my pink hair!

Why would Hannah tease you about us writing to each other?

Sucks I won't be able to see Hannah, but I'm excited to visit New Zealand because I've been hearing about that place nonstop now! I'll be flooing there with a friend who has family there since we can use their fireplace but she's going to hang out with her family while I hang out with you! I'll be there for a few days.

See you tomorrow! (wow!)
-Jessica

November 15, 2043​
Asaiah,

It's been a few days since I last saw you but I just wanted to say thanks for inviting me over to New Zealand. It was so pretty and I'm glad we got to meet. I had a lot of fun! I asked my parents if I could go visit again for the Christmas break and they said yes! I told them about Hannah and how she's graduated and looking for a job so I think they're hoping that work mentality will rub off on me.
Now we'll get to do all the things we couldn't fit into two days! Hope you don't get sick of me.
Code:
:P

Well, I just wanted to write to you again, it felt weird not talking to you for a week haha, is that weird? Anything new since I last saw you?

Hope to hear from you soon,
xoxo Jess

December 1st, 2043​

Jessica,

I'm sorry for not having the time to write to you sooner, I've been busy with catching up on homework and things such as Quidditch. I'm happy that your parents agreed on letting you visit us for Christmas, it'll be loads of fun for sure! And I agree with you, meeting you was really cool. I'm really looking forward to spend time with you again. I'd never get sick of you ;)

A couple of intersting things have happened, yes. But I will tell you about them once we're at my house, okay?

Sorry for the late response,
x Asaiah

For Asaiah Murphy said:
</FONT>
December 13, 2043​
<FONT font="georgia">
Asaiah,

I was starting to think you were avoiding me by not writing back, but I'm glad I didn't scare you off. :p I've been equally as busy with school work and Quidditch. How have your games been going? I hope our schools get to play against each other this year! We've been training really hard, just saying.

I can't wait to be back in New Zealand soon to get away from the stress of these classes and we can have some fun! Your 'interesting things' sound intriguing (you couldn't even write them down!) so I'm looking forward to hearing that as soon as I see you.

Hope you passed your classes!
See you soon, right?

-Jess

December 19th, 2043​

Jessica,

It's almost Christmas! I'm really excited to see you again. (and whoop your *ss) It's cute to think that you think that your team would stand a chance against Slytherin team, we've won the last game we played, and have been training really hard also. Just don't get your hopes up. ;)

I know right?! Me neither! My classes went great! Passed all three exams with flying colours! Yeah, sorry about that, but it's worth it. Trust me.

See you soon!

x Asaiah

Users who are viewing this thread

Back