Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Violence
Wand
Knotted 13" Unyielding Dogwood Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
Rome was sat at the Slytherin table of the great hall, it was a warm Saturday afternoon, a little after lunch, and she and her twin were sat working on writing a letter to their parents. Rome had been a little reluctant to write home, but they hadn't really done it yet and it seemed right that they would before the term was over and it didn't matter, and considering they'd won best group costume at Halloween, there was enough to tell them. The Slytherin was dictating while her brother was writing, she was trying to figure out how best to phrase all that they had done over the last few weeks, there was so much they had done during that time. Brushing strands of her blonde hair from her face the girl looked at what he had so far, before leaning back and glancing around at the room for inspiration, though nothing was coming to her. The slytherin sighed a little, writing home was a little boring admittedly, "We should tell them about the boy we fooled into thinking there was a troll," she told her brother, "Or maybe about the girl I poured water over, they should know about what we're getting up to, obviously tell them about halloween, but they'll want to hear about everything," she told her brother, trying to see if he was writing down what she was saying.

Cairo bit from the apple in his hand, chewing as he scribbled down Rome's words he was using to piece together a letter to their parents. They nearly had too many different things to say and too many different subjects to touch on after the eventful few weeks that had passed. First and foremost, they needed to mention Halloween. Cairo's excitement for the night, the idea he conjured and the costumes he and Rome had created and how their combined effort won them best group costume at the Halloween feast. Next there was the one friend they had successfully made since the year began, and lastly there was the many shenanigans with other students that both Cairo and Rome had caught themselves in. Cairo was reluctant to write down the way they had convinced that sad little gryffindor muggle born a troll lived in the owlery or the girl Rome poured water over despite how proud he was of it all. He scratched out the sentence he had begun to write and moved his gaze from the parchment to Rome, knowing their parents wouldn't appreciate reading about the web of lies they had weaved. "I've told them about Halloween." He stated. "I'm leaving the bad stuff out. Do you want me to mention Lanithro?" He returned his gaze to the parchment, ready to write Rome's response.

The slytherin girl looked at what he'd written and nodded at the fact he'd mentioned halloween, that was of course an important event since they had managed to win house points and it did put them in a positive light for their parents, "Make it clear we won house points," she added, sure that he had mentioned it but really desiring to have that made clear. As he continued she pouted a little, not unsurprised that he wasn't going to put down all the adventures they'd been on, Rome trusted Cairo and his opinion but she was pouting a little about it nonetheless, "Fine, but they have asked what sort of stuff we get up to," she told him as if that meant he should put down all their fun, "Why would we mention Lanithro? It's not like we're actually really friends, he's just someone we don't hate as much as everyone else," Rome wasn't sure why he'd suggested that, but then spent a moment to think about what else they could put down, "What about sugar coating everything, like talking about the Slytherin girl from the classroom, and how she helped us with a project, or we could mention that we helped a Gryffindor boy, who was a muggleborn, figure out how to send letters?" Rome, knew this would help fill up the missing spaces of the letter, and it kept them in a positive light, Cairo wouldn't have to worry about them looking bad.

Cairo nodded when Rome mentioned they won house points. He had made it one of the first things in the letter, knowing that if he managed to share anything negative their win at the Halloween feast would be a saving grace. Their parents knew who they were. They knew that both Rome and Cairo were liars who always stood by each others sides and never failed to get into mischief. However it was the gritty details they did not know about, the ones that involved taking advantage of other students' ignorance in one situation and starting fights in the next. It was the gritty details Cairo needed to sugar coat so he was glad Rome suggested it. "Right, we helped the muggle born and we studied with the girl." He repeated Rome's words back to her. Taking another bite from his apple and chewing it slightly, Cairo continued speaking as he scribbled the sugar coated sentences onto the parchment. "Mum and Dad want us to branch out. Mentioning Lanithro is a means to an end. It will get them to stop pestering us about friends." Cairo thought mentioning their sort of friend would help their situation but he wasn't about to write anything without Rome's permission.
<i>
</i>

Rome watched as her twin began writing down what she'd said, she was trying to think of something else that she might be able to mention about their time at Hogwarts so far, it was strange because she could think of hundreds of things to say, but she knew her brother was right in opting to not actually say most of it. There was really no way they could ever tell them the gritty things of what they did, even if their parents knew how much they liked to lie about things, they might be able to tell that Rome and Cairo were lying in this letter but Rome thought they'd just ignore it if they thought so. The slytherin nodded along as Cairo read it back to her, before writing some more. He was of course right about them mentioning friends, their parents did want them making friends, even though Rome didn't particularly want to be friends with anyone, or was particularly good at making friends. None of the people at the school, apart from perhaps Lanithro had proved themselves to be even a little worthy of their or her time, "Fine, but say he's more your friend than mine, I hardly want them getting any ideas, we could also mention that Slytherin girl, our triplet?" she suggested, they weren't exactly friends but the girl had been a little more like someone they could talk to than others.

Cairo could not help but laugh at the memory of their failed attempt to convince Astarte that she was their long lost triplet. "That triplet act was so funny." He commented, almost feeling sad that he could not mention the hilarity of the situation to his parents. Though he did agree that mentioning Astarte in addition to mentioning Lanithro would definitely get their parents off their backs. The only issue that could arise from this was their parents asking to meet these 'friends' but Cairo decided he and Rome would cross that bridge when they reached it. Probably with white lies and petty excuses to why their friends could never visit during the holidays. Cairo spoke as he continued writing. "I'll say Lanithro is more my friend and Astarte is more your friend. Then we have one friend each, so they'll shut up." It seemed like the perfect plan. The letter denoted exactly what Cairo thought their parents wanted to hear while only bending the truth, not being entirely made up of lies which was admittedly Cairo's first plan of action. At least this way they weren't blatantly lying to their family. "Want to read it?" He asked, sliding the parchment towards Rome so she could give it a once over. Cairo thought the letter was basically finished but he needed confirmation from Rome before they signed it with their names.
<i>
</i>

It was a fond memory the one with the triplet act, she was a little annoyed they'd been foiled so early in their scheme but it had been fun while it lasted and it meant they had someone else to put down so that their parents would stop bugging them with demands to know if they had any friends yet, so useful too. It was almost funny to Rome how little their parents seemed to understand Rome's dislike of people in general and how they really weren't friends with anyone. She might at a push describe Lanithro as an acquaintance maybe stretch the same definition to Astarte, but Rome didn't like people, she didn't trust any of them, she definitely wasn't interested in being their friend. As Cairo continued writing and speaking, Rome just nodded along, "Sounds good," she nodded with his plan got the letter, a pretty good way of ensuring their parents stayed off their backs and didn't get any stupid ideas. She leaned in slightly to read the letter as he was writing but was pretty glad when he slide the parchment towards her. Rome scanned the letter and nodded along with all of it, it was much better than she might've written, "Do you think we should mention more stuff about our classes? Or Professors?" Rome wondered out loud looking back up at him with a small shrug. She hadn't noted too much aside from that they'd written that classes were going well, and then nothing more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back