Sydney Townsend

Amateur Duellist | Smarter Than You

OOC First Name
Kris
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
With the chatter about Halloween dying down and Summer around the corner, Sydney was already growing tired of her peers as the conversation inevitably shifted towards Yule. And with Yule, as always, the insufferable topic of conversation that revolved around the ball. She'd met up with Samantha to work on some History of Magic homework in the library and groaned as she could overhear a nearby couple talk about matching dressed. "Ugh, do people have nothing better to talk about all month but that stupid ball," She muttered angrily to Samantha, angrily flipping pages. "Aren't you glad we're not stuck going to that stupid dance like some of the other HM reporters have to. Honestly, what a colossal waste of time," She said, shooting the nearby girls another glare hoping they'd get the message and focus on more important topics. Like literally anything else.

The talk of the Yule Ball had started to come up again. Samantha was a little excited for it once again, though she wasn't particularly sure if she was going to attend to the school event or not. Samantha had been doing homework with Sydney, when Sydney had seem to be annoyed with the atmosphere about the Yule Ball. Samantha looked up at Sydney and laughed a little as she put her pen down. "Do you not like the Yule Ball?" Samantha says with a joking smile as she leans on her hand underneath her chin for support.

Sydney scoffed at Samantha's joke, dropping her quill and digging a hand through her hair. "Obviously," She said, voice dripping with disdain. "It's just an excuse for all the miserable people around the school to waste all their time and money to show off their fancy clothes and pretend they like each other enough to dance. What's the point," She said, rolling her eyes again for good measure. "I don't see how anyone could have fun at it, I've only gone before to make fun of people," Sydney added, glancing at Samantha. She supposed if she went with someone actually interesting it wouldn't be a complete waste of time, but that list was short. "You don't like that sort of stuff, do you?" She asked, remember how Samantha had been nice enough to humour Ren last year and go with him. No doubt it had been miserable, but maybe Samantha somehow liked that sort of thing.

Samantha nods as Sydney speaks about her reasons as to why the Yule Ball was boring to her. She could understand that people had different opinions on different things. Samantha thought for a moment when Sydney had asked her about if she liked Yule Ball and things like that. "Well, yeah, I do actually. They're always fun and enjoyable for me" Samantha says with a small smile and a slight shrug. While she thought about the time she went with Ren. She wasn't sure if she was gonna go this year or if Ren was going to ask her if she wanted to go, but she didn't mind if that wasn't going to happen. "But its different for everyone I guess," Samantha says with a little giggle and shrug, before picking up her quill and continues with her homework.

Sydney stilled when Samantha mentioned that she did actually enjoy things like the Yule ball, her brain moving fast. "What like, that pageantry? Dancing and dressing up and stuff?" She asked incredulously. Maybe that was why she'd agreed to go with Ren last year, not because she pitied him, but just as an excuse to go. If that was the case Sydney would rather she go with someone who wasn't a boring mouth-breather at the very least. Samantha giggled before she returned to her homework and Sydney felt her face heat up, staring intently at the last sentence she'd been writing on her own page before looking back up at Samantha. "I mean, if you like it and all, I guess I can go along with you this year. You know. As a favour or something. At least then you don't have to deal with idiots like them by yourself," She said, jerking her head over to indicate the chattering girls from earlier and trying to ignore the twisting nerves in her gut.

"Oh yeah, defiantly! I find dancing and chatting with people fun! I love the food too" Samantha says with a small smile and giggle as she continues to do her homework. Samantha did enjoy parties, especially the party food. Can you blame her? She had a huge passion for food. Samantha stops midway of her writing, as Sydney mentions she may go. "I mean, it's up to you, I think it would be fun if you came, along," Samantha says, as she looks up again towards Sydney. "You suddenly changing your mind?" Samantha says with a smile.

Sydney tried not to frown too much as Samantha explained what she liked about the ball. She supposed liking things like spending time with people wasn't all bad, even if Sydney thought the whole thing was a big waste of time. "Well, I guess that's okay," She said stiffly, feeling a little off-kilter. Her face felt hot when Samantha said it would be fun if she came with her and Sydney spent a moment staring intently at her parchment in front of her while she thought about it. "I'm not changing my mind," She said in a hurry. The ball was still a huge waste of time, both for the school and its students, but it wasn't like it was going to go away any time soon. And if Samantha enjoyed going. "Me not liking it isn't going to make it not happen or anything, so I might as well go with you," She said, eyes still trained on her homework. "If you're going anyway and stuff," Sydney tacked on awkwardly. Samantha wouldn't admit it, but Sydney was sure she'd be better off to have company than going alone, or worse, with someone else so Sydney was happy to oblige her. That was all.

Samantha smiles a little when Sydney had mentioned that she guessed it was okay. She had enjoyed Sydney's company and didn't mind spending time with her. "Oh, don't worry. You don't need to change your mind or anything" Samantha says with a smile after she laughed quietly about how Sydney wouldn't change her mind. She had a feeling that might be the case. "Well, I guess I just might," Samantha says with a small smile and a hint of red on her cheeks, before picking up her quill again and tackling back into her homework while having a slightly unfamiliar feeling in her stomach. Butterflies? She wasn't sure, but she ignored that slight feeling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back