Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Akihiro) (Straight
Wand
Curved 13 Inch Swishy Ebony Wand with Demiguise Hair Core
((Open after Maria!))

Giulia felt alone. She didn't want to admit it, but that was the only word for it. Alone. She was all by herself in a school where her brother was the only person she could easily communicate with. She was doing her best to improve her English skills, but listening was so much easier than making sentences, and she didn't know how she was supposed to make friends like this. It was a relief to at least have been able to bring plenty of her favourite things with her, and after trying and mostly failing to find her way around the castle, Giulia had settled upon a window nook she thought was going to become her favourite. The view over the lake was beautiful, and it was the perfect size to curl up with a pile of comics or a good novel and forget her problems. It was comics today, a stack Giulia had hoped would tide her over far longer than she thought they actually would. She had tried to branch out and get a few comics in English and was practicing her reading with them, though she often had to pause and consult the pocket dictionary she had held onto like a lifeline since arriving here.

Molly had thought by the time she'd reach Hogwarts, she'd be able to go exploring and whatnot, but now that Molly was officially was here, she had been reluctant to do so. She didn't want to explore alone. So Molly had spent most of her time just skipping up and down the halls and all around Hogwarts, with her stuffed bunny hidden and tucked away in her pockets, as she was a bit embarrassed for anyone to see. Molly had made her way further and further up the castle, trying to see the different parts of Hogwarts. The girl was about to turn a corner to get onto the next level when she noticed a girl about her age sitting on the big huge window sill reading what looked like to be stacks of comic books. Some that Molly had been familiar with since she'd sometimes take some of her brother's comics she'd hide away and read. Molly had seen this as a great opportunity to make some friends and slowly approached the girl, not wanting to scare her. "Hello, my name is Molly! What's your name? And whatcha reading?" Molly said a little excitedly to the girl, trying into the book to see what she was reading.

Reading in English took far more energy than usual reading did, and as a result Giulia was so focused on her comic that she didn't notice anyone was close until they had spoken. She yelped and jumped, slamming her book closed. Her mind was scrambling too fast to easily understand the girl's questions, and it took her a long time to reply. "I, euh, I am Giulia." She stammered out, trying to pull herself together as she stared at... Molly, the girl had said her name was. "She, euh, they are, euh, the..." She paused, drawing a complete blank on the right word for what she was reading. Giulia held the comics up helplessly, hoping she wouldn't actually need to explain. "....Picture stories?" She tried, giving up on her memory for the moment.

Molly morphed into slight guilt when the girl had yelped in surprise when Molly spoke. "Oh- I'm sorry! I didn't mean to scare you" Molly apologised frantically and with slight guilt. The Hufflepuff smiled gently when the girl had introduced herself. "Hello, Giulia. My name is Molly!" Molly says with a giggle and a wave. The girl smiled a little as Giulia had taken her time to explain what she was trying to say. Molly nodded. "Picture stories? Those are fun! They're also called comics I think? My big brother has similar ones. But picture stories sound better" Molly says with a small smile, as she slowly walked closer to the girl. "Do you have a favourite one?"

occ: this is like over a month late, I apologise sdfhjsk

((No worries!! Life happens :p))

Giulia relaxed slightly when the surprising girl slowed down, allowing herself to calm down too and focus on what she was saying. She was still getting used to all the different accents English came in, but she definitely didn't recognise the one this girl had, and it wasn't making things any easier. "I... yes, comic, I meant." She said slowly, filing the word away in her brain. Comic. Why was everything in English so hard? She shrugged when Molly asked if she had a favourite comic, trying to think about it. "I like.... euh... superheroes? The X-Men." She explained, hoping the name wasn't different in English. "And Wonder Woman..." She added, struggling with the pronunciation as she went. "Do you... read comics?" She added, trying to be polite. There was so much Giulia wanted to say, wanted to ask, but her vocabulary held her back so completely. It made her feel stupid, being able to communicate so little while she was thinking so much.

Molly smiled as Giulia had corrected herself. The Irish girl didn't really see the problem if the girl had forgotten what it had been called. She couldn't blame her as Molly had always forgotten the name of things. She was always forgetful. Molly smiled a little when Giulia had spoken about superheroes. She wouldn't really admit it to other people, but she was a complete geek with superheroes and such, but she was afraid of what people had thought about it. "Superheroes are cool! The X-men are cool! With their mutant powers and such! And Wonder Woman is awesome too" Molly said with a giggle and a nod. She wasn't going to admit it, but she was glad that there was someone out there who were into these sort of things like her. Molly was patient when Giulia had spoken. She was just glad to make a friend. "Oh yes, I do. I don't own my own though. I kinda like, borrow my brother's comics. But, he doesn't know I do that" Molly says with a gentle smile and a shrug. When her brother was doing his own thing, she would sometimes sneak into his room and borrow a comic book or two to read every few days. She had been surprised that she hadn't been caught by him yet. "Do you have a favourite superhero? Or a favourite hero from The X-Men?"

Giulia had had so few interesting conversations since arriving at Hogwarts, between her language barrier and her relatively obscure interests. So she perked up at once when Molly latched onto the topic, nodding enthusiastically. Most English conversations there were a few words here or there that she missed, but on familiar ground it was much easier to follow the conversation. She laughed lightly when Molly said she borrowed her brother's comics, nodding in understanding. "I, euh, you can borrow mine also, if you like." She said with a shy smile, before realising the problem with that a moment later. "Oh, they are in French, though. I'm sorry." She laughed awkwardly, and nodded when Molly asked about her favourites. "I like Kitty Pryde. And, euh, Beast. Who do you like?" She asked, relieved to be able to talk on familiar ground.

Molly smiled when Giulia had mentioned that she could borrow her comics too if she wanted. "Oh, that's okay! I think it would be cool to learn a new language! Maybe you could teach me one day if you wanted" Molly says with a giggle and a shrug, as Giulia had mentioned that her comics were in French. Molly didn't really mind. She had thought that maybe learning a new language was fun! She only knew a few words of Irish Gaelic, as her parents had taught her a few, though she did understand what you were saying if you did speak to her in Irish Gaelic.

Molly then gasped and smiled when Giulia had answered her question. "Oh yes! They're cool! Beast is quite strong!" Molly says with a giggle, as she flexes her muscles dramatically to show how strong he is. Molly thought for a moment as Giulia returned the question. There were so many great heroes that it was quite difficult for her to pick. "Hmm, I think my favourite hero from X-men would probably be Phoenix also known as Jean Grey. She has awesome powers! Outside the X-men, my favourite hero is Spider-Man! He can shoot webs out of his fingers and crawl on walls. That would be so fun!"

Giulia's eyes widened when Molly mentioned maybe wanting to learn French, nodding enthusiastically. "Yes, I can teach you!" She said quickly, face brightening. "And you maybe could teach me some more English? My brother does not like to help." She added, a grumble of frustration creeping into her voice. Giulia nodded with interest as Molly talked more about her favourite X-Men, grinning slightly. "I like Jean Grey too! I like Beast because he is so smart as well as strong, it is like a super power of its own." She explained. "I like Spider-Man too, though sometimes he is too.... euh... irresponsable? I don't know how to say in English." She apologised.

Molly giggled and clapped a little as Giulia had agreed to teach her some French. "Sure! I mean, I might not be the best person to teach it. But I'm happy to help" Molly says with a smile and a nod. This had gotten her excited. The Irish girl had rolled her eyes and nodded in agreement when Giulia had mentioned brothers. "I understand what you mean. Brothers can be annoying. I have two. My big brother is very unhelpful. I asked him questions about Hogwarts, but he wouldn't answer and he got annoyed that i was asking questions" Molly complains a little as she shakes her head. Brothers can be such a pain. Molly smiled when Giulia had then spoken about their favourite superheroes. "Oh yes! He is quite smart" Molly nodded in agreement. "Oh, that's okay! Irresponsible? Might be the word? I think?" Molly says unsurely with a small smile. Again, she barely knew the French language, and she was honestly guessing. It had sounded like the word irresponsible, so she just guessed.

Giulia beamed when Molly agreed to help her with English, glad to have someone who was actually willing to help her out. Hogwarts felt like a whole other world from her home in France, and having someone be her guide made it all feel a lot less lonely. "Thank you!" She said cheerfully. She nodded when Molly talked about her brothers, snorting softly as she described them. "He sounds like Louis. He did not want to help me at all with Hogwarts, it is so hard..." She sighed in frustration. Giulia always found it embarrassing when she ran into a word she just didn't know in English, and it was a pleasant surprise when Molly's translation turned out to be almost exactly the same. "Oh! Yes, it is the same word, I see. Irresponsible, yes."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back