Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
boys <3
Wand
Straight 12" Sturdy Redwood Wand with Acromantula Web Core
Valeria had stayed at school over the break, opting to do so, as she had a number of things to work on and had known if she went home she was not going to work on them. She had been spending a lot of time in the arts room, working on pieces that she could submit as part of her final application. Valeria hadn't even noticed that all the other kids were back. She just had some coffee, taken from the kitchens and had come back to her designs in the arts room. The best ones had already been owled to her mother and she was just working on a few final ones. They were on display, and she just couldn't figure out what these last ones needed.

Artemis Vasilakis had only joined one club so far because she did not want to overload herself so quickly. So, the Hufflepuff first year made her way into the conglomerated arts classroom with her arms full of paint tubes, a canvas, and brushes. She was going to paint another picture just for her older sister today. Her eyes landed on a much older student, so naturally, Artie said in a kind voice, though a little high pitched, "Hi, hope you don't mind if I paint in here too!" Artie was curious to see what she was doing, and what her name was, but she was an older student. She might not want to deal with a younger student, and she could understand that.

Valeria didn't mind sharing the arts room with others. Sure, this was the first occasion in a while that she had, but she didn't mind that much at all. She glanced at the much younger student who spoke, whose arms were ladened with art stuff. "Of course not, go ahead," she told her with a friendly and encouraging tone. "Are you an artist?" she asked, motioning to what the girl was holding in her arms.

Artie was glad that the older student did not mind, so she started setting up her canvas on a nearby easel. Even her tubes of paint, brushes, and palette were in a good order. "My siblings might say I am, but I'm no Rembrandt." Artie only knew a couple of artists in her life, roughly three, but she was bound to learn more. "Are you? And if you are, got some pointers for a first year? All I do lately is just paint flowers and skies for my siblings! I want to learn so much more and no idea how to start!"

Valeria gave a little smile. "That's no reason to not do it," she said. "Every artist starts somewhere, and you might just not have found the right style for yourself yet," Valeria told her trying to be encouraging in what she was saying. "I am an artist, I'm going to be an artist," she said. "Pointers are really practice, do warm up sketches, and experiment," were her pointers. They maybe weren't much help or were quite possible not helper, but she didn't think there was anything more. "You can always start with, why don't you paint a sunset, with some flowers?" she suggested, not unlike what she'd been saying but just a little different.

Artie giggled because the older the student was right. She might not have a style that works for her yet, but eventually, she will! "You are really encouraging! I appreciate it!" Artie just hoped that she would be able to make a friend. Would the age difference matter much? She just wanted to be sure. But the Ravenclaw gave her some advice, and she took it to heart. Basically experiment. Yes, she would do that! And combining flowers and sunsets? That was genius! "I think that is a great idea! I'll do just that!" Artie decided to go along with it. She started to paint a sunset. "My name is Artemis Vasilakis, by the way!"

Valeria gave a smile as the girl called her encouraging, that was always nice to hear. "You are so welcome," she said in response. Val was still evaluating her own paintings and trying to decide which was best as the girl took on the advice. "I'm Valeria Iglesias, but my friends all call me Val," she said, introducing herself back to the girl. She decided in that moment, that she too would just do a new painting and do one of flowers and a sunset. "Artemis is such a lovely name," she complimented as she set up her easel and the blank canvas. She grabbed a pencil and began making a quick sketch to know how things would be placed. "You must be a first year?"

Artie smiled brightly, since she liked learning and getting advice - when it was from a nice person. A mean person? They would be covered in paint right now! She introduced herself as Valeria, but then offered a nickname. Oh! She forgot to say what she liked to be called! "I go by Artie, actually! So, very nice to meet you, Val!" Artie could hardly contain her happiness. The sun did not shine as brightly as the first year currently did. "I am a first year, so I did hope not to annoy someone that seems like they are a sixth or seventh year. My siblings once said that it was uncool to hang out with first years when you are like, a fifth year." Artie got started on mixing her paints and touched her canvas to combine flowers and horizons.

Valeria nodded, "Artie is a cute nickname," she replied with a smile. She thought it was probably a good idea to have a nickname when your name was Artemis, nd Artie was a nice one to have. She listened to the girl speak and couldn't help but lightly giggle at what she said. "Well, I'm a seventh year, and I think it's cool to hang out with first years, especially when we're being creative together," she replied. Really Valeria wasn't often the type to go seeking out friendships with younger students, but if one was around her, she wasn't going to be cruel or send them away. Val knew she could be friendly without it 'ruining' her reputation.

Artie giggled when Valeria mentioned how Artie was a cute nickname. She was likely going to go by it for the rest of her life. Even when she was older. That is what she felt that is. Val really thought that it was cool for a seventh year to hang out with a first year, especially doing arts and crafts. It was nice. "That is cool! Good thing I won't hang on your side after this. I know when to be respectful, you know?" Artie started to paint some flowers. "Do you want to be a famous artist one day? Or is this just a nice hobby for you?"

Valeria smiled at Artie, she was a pretty polite young girl. Val would let her just do what she wanted, knowing she wasn't bothered by it. Valeria smiled and nodded. "I'm hoping to do something with my art," Val replied, "What exactly yet, I don't know, and I'm not hoping to be famous..but hoping to be successful," she said with a shrug. "Do you think art will be something you do?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back