Estrella Drage

Obliviator for MACUSA | HNZ 1st Graduating Class

OOC First Name
Amanda
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Widow
Estrella was quite disappointed that Defense Against the Dark Arts hadn't been all that exciting in her sixth and seventh year. She was anticipating trying out wandless magic, although that seemed like it would be ages from now. While homework was her forte as a Ravenclaw, she didn't like essays coming from classes other than History of Magic or Arithmancy. Professor Rowann had assigned them an essay on dementors and lethifolds. Despite her aversion to this particular type of homework, she found herself in the library anyway.

Her hands trailed along the shelves of books as she attempted to find a book on each of the two creatures. It wasn't surprising when she was sidetracked, her eyes falling on a strange title. She wasn't going to leave with just two books- the idea was ridiculous in itself.

However much Romeo had tried to get to know people around here, he still felt as though he was an out cast. He had always seemed like that being American. At Beuxbatons, he used to spend most of his time with the teachers, he felt secure around them, as he was bullied a lot because of who he was. However, Romeo had managed to stay strong and stand up for himself, he didn't want to seem like the weak and defenceless one, so he stayed in the library most of the time, so he could be around people so they wouldn't target him. He had anticipated visiting the library here at Hogwarts New Zealand, he hadn't managed to fit it into his schedule due to the fact he had so much homework that was going on.

He admitted himself into the library and looked pretty amazing by the sheer amound of books in here, well he had better got on with that essay about dementors "What a positive start to the year" he mumbled under his breath as he looked down the isles. He was looking down the rows and columns of books and kept on going forwards, not looking as to where she was going, when felt himself slightly tap into someone. "Oh god, I'm so sorry" he stammered, though he had only tapped the person, he felt so rude.

Estrella was a bit startled as someone bumped into her. She turned and looked at the boy. The girl had seen him in class with her, but he had never talked with anyone. Another transfer, obviously. Considering the minute size of the class of 2023, it wasn't a secret whenever someone new turned up.

"It's okay," she said with a small smile, "It happens." Cocking her head to the side, she asked, "What's your name, if you don't mind me asking? I swear I saw you in my Charms class the other day."

Romeo was grateful of the girls forgiving nature, he had seen her before, around the school and in the classroom. "I'm Romeo" he replied to the girls question. "And you are?" he smiled politely.

Estrella smiled back at the boy. "I'm Estrella," she said, extending her hand. It was the only polite thing to do. "Where did you transfer from?" she asked. It was impossible to remember all of the transfers' names, let alone the schools they had gone to, but she could at least try for the students in her class. "You sound like you're from the States.

"I'v transferred from Beuxbatons, but I come from Salk Lake City in Utah and my folks tend to move around a lot" she laughed. "So you'v always been here then?" he asked Estrella.

"Wow, it sounds like you've gotten to travel quite a bit," Estrella replied with a smile. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Romeo." It was strange saying the boy's name, considering she instantly thought back to the play by a muggle man named Shakespeare. "I can't say I've been to Salt Lake City, but I used to live with my family in Minnesota."

Her fingers inching along the shelf for a book, she grabbed one and held it in her hands. After glancing at the title she brought it to her side, figuring that she would keep it for reading later. "So how are you enjoying the school so far? I apologize- I'm not the best at starting conversations."

"It's a delight to encounter you, Estrella" Romeo nodded. "I think the school gorgeous, apart from some of the people, they come across to me as being a little... extreme" he said with a slight laugh. "Estrella... I think iv heard that name before, are you the head girl by any chance? It's just I believe someone's told me about you before" Romeo enquired.

Estrella raised an eyebrow and chuckled a bit. "Extreme? How so?" There were some different characters at Hogwarts New Zealand. She didn't know if she would consider any of them extreme, but then again, she had been here throughout her whole school career, whereas Romeo was coming in from a completely different school environment.

Her smile small, she replied, "Yeah, I'm the Head Girl." Anyone who hadn't known her name surely did now from that stupid Gossip Magazine. She reached for another book but then set it back. She had the whole year to read books, as much as she wanted to take the whole library back to her dorm with her.

"Well this place seems so rich in personalities, and some of them seem to be so full of themselves and so discriminative" he sighed. "In Beuxbaton's everyone knew each other so well, it was like were one big family - everyone's so welcoming, it just seems a little to many cliques" Romeo added. The Hufflepuff boy looked as she took some books "I take it you like reading" he grinned.

Estrella nodded in agreement. What Romeo said was true. The older students really didn't have cliques, considering there weren't that many of them in the first place, but the younger students were a completely different story. She had heard rumors about a 'Glam squad,' though she didn't know much about them. The Head Girl didn't see any reason to keep tabs on a silly group that to her knowledge didn't cause trouble.

"Yeah, we have quite the Heinz 57 variety here," she responded, her dimples quite prominent. "I wouldn't worry too much about cliques if I were you. Seventh years just tend to spend a lot of time together, with class and all. Have you talked with any of the other students in our class yet?"

Her brown eyes lit up as she clutched the books to her chest. "Well, I am a Ravenclaw, after all! It would be quite strange for me not to like reading!" While she represented all of the houses as Head Girl, she still was particular to her own house.

"No I haven't talked to anyone really, you would be the first." He smiled, glaring back the books, and one immediatly catching his eye. "Wow. Robinson Crusoe" Romeo laughed. "I didn't know books like these still existed. Well I'm in Hufflepuff... didn't really need to point that out" he laughed a little. "So, do you have any favourite books that you tend to likely?" he asked Estrella.

Estrella grinned. "Well, I'll just have to get you hooked up with some people!" She was no person to throw a party, but she thought it a pity that the boy wasn't familiar with the rest of his peers. "Most of them are really great people." Her brown eyes were filled with warmth. While she always enjoyed meeting transfers, it was sad that this was the last year she would be doing so. Although she had long since accepted that this was her seventh year, every time that she thought about it brought a little pang to her heart.

She glanced to the book he was holding up. "Oh, of course they're still around! If I'm correct, that one is a classic." The girl scanned the bookshelf for more muggle books, but didn't find any. "I wasn't aware that there were muggle books in the library," she trailed off. Her gaze falling back to the boy, she said, "I like plenty of books! Do I have a favorite? I don't think so. I like to read too much!" Her brow furrowed as she thought about it. "But- if it were a life or death situation, I'd choose Enchanted Encounters by Fifi LaFolle. Or Fifteenth Century Fiends. They're both really good books!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back