Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bi
Wand
12 1/2 Inch Cherry Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
Written words never came easy for Abian, whether it was homework or something as simple as a letter home. But he knew he had to write his mother and sister about everything happening at school, as it was too much to all remember in his head until the Christmas holidays. He would flood them with stories from the first minute he saw them right up until he stepped onto the train again, and that would be very exhausting. The Hufflepuff had sent a few letters home already, but he didn't really think he had ever been able to capture the essence of Hogwarts in any of his letters. He had described the things that happened to him, the spells he learned in class, the food that appeared on the tables during feasts and the way ghosts just glided around as if it was the most normal thing in the world. But it still didn't feel like enough.

He had taken his notebook and pen outside, trying to clear his mind with some fresh air as he tried to think of what to put in this letter. He gazed over at the water, wishing he knew how to write about the grounds especially. They were so vast, full of interesting things and possibilities. But when he wrote it in his letter home it just sounded bland, like any field of grass. With a sigh, he put the notebook on the grass and looked up at the sky. He wanted to put his meeting with Jacob in it, and the Halloween feast. Maybe he should get his hands on one of those magical cameras he had heard about, but he had no idea how to get his hands on one. They would probably be too expensive anyway. He huffed softly, kicking a rock into the lake. It was no wonder he had gotten a bad grade on his essays, he was a horrible writer.

It had been the best Halloween Uno had ever experienced, and she couldn't wait for the next one. She had heard there was another party of sorts coming up, a dance or something, but nothing could beat Halloween. Magical folk did it way better than muggles. Though Uno was excited to be a part of the magical world, there were still some very boring subjects; she only really liked that hands on ones, she was looking forward to Transfiguration and Charms. Sometimes even Defense Against the Dark Arts was fun, but theory was boring. She had to really convince herself to get out of bed some mornings - especially History of Magic mornings; but told herself it was better here than it was back home!
The young girl thoroughly enjoyed the sunshine, so it wasn't rare to see her outside on a day like this. Phineas was busy somewhere, and she hadn't really made any more friends. It didn't bother her too much, she knew how to entertain herself, and some of the kids at the school were real losers, but on days like today, she just felt like company. It was hard to make friends so late in the year already, when people had already gotten into groups, but Uno couldn't help that some of the people there just weren't friendship-worthy.
Approaching the lake, the Slytherin saw another student, somewhat recognizable standing near by. She didn't hear his sigh, but Uno did see him kick a rock into the lake. "You know, throwing things is a lot more fun to get rid of frustrations." She picked up a rock and threw it into the lake, before turning back to him. "And this way you don't hurt your feet too."

Abian looked up in surprise at an unfamiliar voice behind him, he turned his head to see a girl he recognized from classes, though she wasn't in his house. There were so many students at Hogwarts it was hard to keep track, but he was pretty sure he had never talked to this girl before. He listened to her advice, then frowned. "Is it more fun?" He asked her, watching as she threw the rock. "I mean, it didn't really hurt my foot... it wasn't a big rock." Did he look like someone that was hurt by something like that? He hoped this girl didn't think he was a wimp. Was Hufflepuff the house for wimps? He still hadn't quite figured out the traits for each of the houses. With a small shrug, he decided to test her theory. Bending down to grab another rock, he threw it as far as he could into the water. A small smile tugged at his lips. "I guess that was a little nicer." He admitted with a small shrug. "I'm just trying to write a letter to my mum, but it's hard. There's so much stuff here I can't even find the words to describe. I wish I could just show her, you know? But she's a regular person that has no magic, so I can't." He wasn't a private person, so didn't really have a problem explaining the source of his frustration to this girl. "I wish I had a magical camera so I could just take a bunch of photos." He realized he didn't know her name, and assumed she didn't knew his either. He gestured to himself. "I'm Abian."

Uno shrugged when the boy said he didn't hurt his foot. "Ah well, some people's feet are too big and instead of kicking the rock, they kick their own toe. Not talking from experience, of course...It just, it happens I guess." Uno trailed off. She had definitely, kicked something once, and hurt her foot, and she had also tried to kick something, but missed and stubbed her toe. This boy didn't need to know that though. Uno smiled when the boy said throwing the rock was a little nicer. Each to their own. She picked up a small stone again and threw it into the water as the boy continued to talk, describing his problems. Usually Uno wouldn't take to someone who started a conversation with a complaint, but she was finding herself drawn to people who were like her - not from the magical world. Uno nodded her head when he said there was so much stuff. "Right?! This place is huge!" Uno added in. He was lucky at least that he got to describe it to his mother. Uno still wasn't able to contact her best friend, but she wondered if Chelsea would still consider Uno as her best friend, or if she would have moved on by now. "Yo - there are magical cameras though! I met this dude at the Halloween thing - I sh*t you not, he had a camera and he said the pictures move when they're developed, just like these crazy portraits! How insane is that?!" Uno exclaimed. She still hadn't seen the moving photos that the boy had taken yet, and she didn't quite know where to find him; he hadn't given her his name, she realized. Unlike this boy in front of her. "Sup Abian, I'm Uno."

The idea of kicking your own toe instead of a rock made Abian laugh slightly. He wasn't sure if the girl was making a joke or not, but the mental image was definitely funny. He smiled at her, watching as she threw a rock into the water. "See? I told you it was nice to throw them." he told her. He was glad to hear someone else amazed by how big the castle was. Too many of his classmates seemed entirely comfortable by having classes inside a castle, while Abian still had to stop and marvel at it sometimes. He nodded when she told him about magical cameras. "I heard about that! But I don't have one and have no clue where to get one. I'm sure they don't sell them in a regular camera store, and I have't 'seen any magical camera stores yet." He paused, looking at her with a small smile. "Are you also from the normal world?" He asked eagerly. He was always happy to find someone else new to magic, as it made him feel less like he was behind on everything. "I didn't know photos from a magical camera moved! I just heard they worked at Hogwarts. That's amazing! I really want one now." The idea of sending his mother pictures that moved was even better, and he wondered if he could get his hands on something like that soon. "It's nice to meet you Uno. I'm always happy to meet more people that maybe are still getting used to magic too." He said honestly.

Though Uno was sure the boy was laughing at the image of her kicking her toe, at least he was laughing. It was better than the depressed face he seemed to have before. Uno picked up another stone and threw it into the water again, unaware that there were things living in there, only assuming it would be fish that probably thought they were getting food. Stupid fish.
As the boy continued speaking, Uno nodded her head happily when he asked if she was from the normal world. "Yep! "Muggles" I hear we are called. What a horrible word. Though, I suppose if someone called me a witch, I'd probably get just as offended." Uno laughed. "Yeah, this world is made of stuff we regular folk could only dream of imagining! I don't know where to get one, but if I find out, I'll let you know." The young Slytherin nodded her head when he said it was nice to meet her. "And you Abian! So you had no clue yeah? I honestly thought it was my horrible mother playing a prank on me - like right up until we got here I was like, she is going hard core into making this a believable prank!"

Abian was glad he was here with someone new, and someone nice. Growing up with a sister and sometimes spending time with her and her friends, he didn't have any sort of problem with girls. He was quite glad to meet one so funny. He pulled a face as she reminded him of the word wizards had for normal people. "I don't mind wizard, but I agree. Muggle sounds stupid." He said firmly. "It kinda sounds like... like something dumb, you know? I dunno." He wasn't quite sure what to make of the word yet, but to Abian it had sounded like some sort of insult even though it clearly wasn't. "Maybe they have one in one of the stores in Brightstone, we could figure that out next time we can go there during the weekend?" He suggested, eager to find a solution to their problem. When she asked if he'd had a clue, he shook his head. "Nope. I knew weird stuff sometimes happened but I was honestly kind of hoping for some sort of superpower." He said with a slight grin. "I think a superhero is cooler than a wizard, don't you? But magic is pretty cool as well. Too bad we can't use it outside of school yet." He sighed. The story the girl told about how she thought it was a prank of her mother's made him snort. His own mother had been so clearly shocked that a joke hadn't even entered his head. "Do you like it here so far?" He asked her, curious to know how she was adjusting.

Uno laughed when Abian said he didn't mind wizard. She personally didn't think being called a wizard was as offensive as being called a witch, but she did agree on his thoughts about the world Muggle. "I'm definitely going to be adding it to my vocabulary as an insult when I get back home though." Uno grinned. She could imagine the actual muggles being insulted, but not even knowing what it meant. Just the thought of her brother trying to figure out what it meant made her laugh. She nodded her head in agreement again when he suggested figuring out where to get a camera from. "Keen as a bean, but I won't be able to get it - apparently having money in the muggle world means nothing in the wizarding world." Uno laughed again. Her family wasn't that rich in the muggle world, but even if they were, there was no way her mother would give her even a single dollar for a camera. She had saved a fair bit of money from the days where her mother did give her pocket money, but now it was worthless. "Yeah - if you're a super hero, you can just be like -peow peow- and use the powers, you don't need expensive wands or magical classes to learn!" Though, his next question was spot on with the next thoughts that went through her head. "I love it here. Yeah, being a superhero would be badass, but then here, you can be away from home and you're just like - free! What about you?"

Abian laughed at the idea of using it as an insult. "It would be kind of funny to call someone a muggle, and watch them be all confused." He said with a slight grin. "Especially because its not actually an insult, and true too." He might have to save that idea for himself. Though he wouldn't know what he'd say if someone asked him what it meant. Abian had never been the best at lying, though he was pretty good at evading questions he didn't want to answer. "Can't you uh, convert some money at Grinbotts or whatever the bank is called?" He thought that was what his mother had done, but he wasn't quite sure. He hadn't paid too much attention, still too much in a daze about being a real actual wizard. He agreed completely on the superpowers, nodding emphatically. "Exactly! I still can't believe we need a stupid piece of wood to do magic. I swear it's some sort of joke from the adults. I bet we can just do magic without it, but we just don't get taught how. Like, that's how the accidental stuff happened before Hogwarts, right? So why do we suddenly need some stupid wand? Makes no sense." He still didn't like waving his wand to make things happen, as magical as it was. Though part of that was because of the trouble he was having casting good spells in classes. It was easier to blame the wand than himself, or his lack of willingness to practice. He was a little curious about Uno's answer to his last question. There were many things he liked a lot about Hogwarts, but it being away from his home wasn't one of them. He missed his house, the city, his family, and most importantly his computer a lot. He wished the two could be combined somehow. "Well, I like it too. It's not every day you get to be in a castle and learn how to make things fly. Or I guess it is every day now..." He paused to ponder that for a moment. "But I do miss my home too. Writing letters to my mum and sister seems so old-fashioned and it takes ages. I miss just being able to talk to them. It's kind of weird that wizards don't have phones. Did you know that they can teleport?! How do they not have some magical phones?" He knew there was a different word for it, Jacob had said so, but he couldn't think of it now. In his mind, it would probably always be teleportation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back