With Life Comes Suffering

The worst part about arguing with Kalif was perhaps that he was so emotionless, he could look at someone and that someone say something completely off the wall to win an argument, and he would not even phase. Kalif was doing that now, taking in her words and giving her a cold glare, yet not a single one seemed to have phased him. Yet, he decided to turn that into fuel for the next attack. "I got you a cat for your birthday because you would not shut up about having one. If you listened to yourself for a day, you would want to Avada Kedavra yourself. As far as plants go, do that to me and I might have to introduce you to the Snargaluff, whom loves little white critters. Though you don't seem to have a thing against plants, as I recall you going rather insane over catnip. Now, go to sleep before I have to put you in a carrier and pack you out of here myself." Kalif glanced over at Rosaline, who must be either shocked or entertained about witnessing an argument between Nicolette and himself. Not many got to see that in their lifetimes. He did not think he had a soft spot for that cat at his home, having recalling it banished magically from his office. It really loved him for some reason, and the feeling was not mutual.

Nicolette was usually ready to fight back, to argue with Kalif further but since she was tired and still had hormones raging like a river she was a little bit lacking when it came to think of something to say back to him. And when he told her that she would probably want to Avada Kedavra herself if she had to listen to herself and all she could do was open her mouth to close it again. Okay that comment kind of struck something. Usually she could handle whatever it was that he threw but there was always the occasional comment that always made her feel like crap. Especially when it brought up the past, that was her weakness other that Kalif and her children, it was her past. "Well your the one that married me." Was the only thing she felt that she could say back that would made a valid point before she sighed and allowed her body to fall back onto the bed. This time her back was facing Kalif. She would try to get some rest eventually, probably when she felt less like crying and more like she wasn't feeling hurt. As much as she loved him, he really knew how to make someone hurt.

Kalif glanced down and thought that it was true. He kind of forced her into engagement that led to marriage. Kalif shrugged lightly, and he uttered, "And I don't think I would not have anyone else either." Kalif figured that the argument would be over as well. She needed her sleep. His gloved fingers opened up his book, and he started to read again. He did not realize that what he would say would probably get her happy or whatever, but it was true nonetheless. Kalif started to read once again, and for once was glad that Nicolette did not have the energy to violate him with one of her hugs as he thought over his final comment. Great, now I probably won't hear the end of it, thought Kalif harshly.

Nicolette was close to being half asleep when she heard Kalif say something that made her eyes flutter open softly and her body to turn back and face Kalif. She didn't really expect him to say something like that but a part of her was really glad that he did. It was rare for him to say such cute little things like that and whenever he did she knew he really meant it. "Kalif...goodnight." She was tempted to say something else but changed her mind when she realized that it wasn't important. He knew that she cared anyways, she always told him so he would never forget. Once they got home she was sure the process would repeat and they would once again be in each other's faces and arguing. their peaceful moments never lasted long. With one last final yawn she turned again and curled up so she could finally fall asleep, for goodness knows how long before she was woken up again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back