OOC First Name
Camilla
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Wand
Curved 12.5" Swishy Vine Wand with Fairy Wing Core
((do you want to catch up on your replies and lessons, brain? no, post more threads, especially while sleep deprived and incoherent, that's what you should do))

Renata was excited for her first event at Hogwarts. It felt like the first couple of months had already gone by in a blur, but in a good way. There was enough on to keep her busy, people to meet, classes to do, clubs to participate in. It was hard to catch her breath, but again, that wasn't necessarily a bad thing. If she kept active, she wouldn't need to stop and think and worry about the past. She was a little anxious about the upcoming Boggart lesson of Defence Against the Dark Arts, but tonight she wasn't going to think about it either. Tonight was a party night.

She hadn't really had the chance to dress up impressively, just having found an old muggle labcoat she put over a regular outfit, but that didn't bother her too much. She wasn't attempting to win anything, although if she had more money and knew more spells she'd put more of an effort in to her costumes. Maybe in the future. For now, she bobbed along to spooky tunes, sipping a glass of pumpkin juice and looking out for anyone she knew, impressed by the variety of costumes she saw on display.

Jordie only had one thought when he bobbed down to the Great Hall- show Linden his costume. Before he saw Linden though, he spotted another one of his friends. Smiling, Jordie danced over, jumping up next to her. "Ren!" He greeted with a bright smile. "I love your costume! Having fun?"

Renata beamed at Jordie, giving him a small wave. "Hi Jordie! Happy Halloween!" She dropped her hand to her chin, looking him over and giving a hum of thought. "My scientific analysis tells me that your costume looks...weirdly familiar." She racked her brains trying to think of what it could be. It was definitely reminding her of someone, but she couldn't quite place it.

Jordie laughed, giving her a dramatic bow. "It should! I came as Linden," he whispered conspiratorially. "This is what his hair looked like last year, before he cut it." Jordie explained, flipping his hair dramatically.

Renata paused, blinking a couple of times, before bursting in to a fit of giggles. She didn't know Linden that well, but she knew him enough to talk to him from playing Quidditch. "You know, I did think his hair was too short for him," she managed to get out between giggles, looking around in case he overheard. "Oh, that's funny. Does he know?"

Jordie smiled. "Not yet! I saw you first and had to come see you. Having fun?" He asked, sliding closet to avoid a larger group of students passing by. "Do you know who Ares is? I'm looking for him too," he told her, a slight blush rising to his cheeks.

Renata nodded - she hadn't been there for very long, but it was nice to people watch, and the atmosphere was a lot of fun. "I think so! I only just got here. But it looks like a lot of fun." She studied Jordie carefully when he mentioned Ares, and grinned at him, lowering her voice just enough to be heard over the crowd noise. "Oh, is he someone you like?" she asked, putting meaningful emphasis on the last word. "I haven't met him, sorry." She didn't recognize the name, unfortunately. "Do you know what he's dressing up as? I can try and keep an eye out for him."

Jordie smiled. "Do you want to grab some snacks? They're always great," he encouraged. He laughed at her question, leaning in closer. "Well duh, but he's a beater on the Slytherin team, so shush!" He teased her. "I have no idea but I'm eager to find out." He replied with a cheeky grin.

Renata chuckled. "Alright, alright, I won't say anything, Romeo," she teased, beaming. "It's very romantic though," she added, in a quieter voice, before stepping back and clearing her throat. She wondered if she'd see Eugene, or Sky, or Louis. She hoped so - sure, they were all in the same house, so she saw them semi-frequently anyway, but she was keen to see their costumes if they were coming dressed up. "Did you say snacks? I'm so in. My pen pal said the snacks must taste different here, so I'll have to do my scientific research and give a report."

Jordie smiled, knocking his hip against hers. "I owe you one," he winked playfully, before motioning for her to follow him. "You had a penpal here? I have one at Beauxbatons." He told her, smile widening. "She introduced me to Ares before he transferred here. And her cousin married my older brother." Jordie grinned.

Renata shook her head, wondering if she'd put her foot in it by mentioning Lexi. She didn't like talking about Durmstrang, although when she had mentioned it she'd mostly gotten indifference, making her think she was working herself up over nothing. "Ah, no, back at my old school. I didn't expect him to write, but he did. I sent him some gobstoppers and apparently they taste a little different." She shrugged, following him over to a food table. She reached for one of the every flavour beans and winced as she tasted it. "Ugh. I swear, I have the worst luck with these. I always get the really gross ones."

Sky enjoy halloween. it wasn't something she usually celebrated at home but it was fun getting to dress up listen to music, dance and eat food all while playing a part. not that she didn't often feel like she was playing a part in her life. but this was different. tonight she was playing the part of an elf. which in some ways felt more natural to her than a the school girl she played most days.
She entered the great hall and looked around to see someone familiar. this was hindered somewhat by the fact that like here no one looked like themselves. or maybe a few were like her they looked more like themselves than usual. not that she usually had pointed ears and butterflies all over her. but that was beside the point. she was making her way towards the snack table and saw that she did recognise a couple of people there. she went over to her dorm mate. "happy Halloween. Renata." she said to her friend and then looked at the boy. one of the chasers on the quidditch team and prefects. umm, what was it again. "and to you too Jordie. I have the scientist and umm, an extra from Greece lightening?" she said as the name came to her.

Jordie picked up a cupcake from the table, smiling at both Renata and Sky as she appeared. "Hi! And no, I'm Linden Cullen," he told her with a wink. "You look adorable, I love your costume " He told Sky, looking to Renata. He picked up a bean and offered it to her. "Maybe my luck will be better." He teased her.

Renata waved excitedly when she saw Sky, awed by the butterflies. "Happy Halloween! Your hair looks so pretty," she complimented, warmly. She felt like she'd been pretty lazy with her own costume, but it didn't bother her too much. There would always be next year. She hesitated when she was offered one of the every flavoured beans, but took it, screwing up her face as she took a bite. She was pleasantly surprised to find that it was apple flavoured, not something disgusting like earwax or snot. "Okay, yeah, I think maybe it's just a curse on me. Or maybe tonight is a lucky night for you. Thank you, Jordie."

Sky smiled as Renata greeted her. and said her hair looked pretty. "thank you. your costume is so cute" she said smiling wide before looking towards Jordie. and smiling as he complimented her outfit. "Oh yes linden." she said thinking for a moment looking up and down . "you did well. shame he cut his hair or you could have been his doppelgänger" she said.
she took a bean that she was offered with a "Thank you" and put it in her mouth. she chewed it a little getting the flavour through. hmm. SIld. I mean herring" she said thoughtfully. it wasn't a bad flavour it was something that she had eaten a lot at home. but it wasn't something she had expected from the bean.

Jordie laughed lightly. "Oh, it's a useless talent. I know the bad ones," he winked playfully, turning and picking out about a dozen beans before offering them to Renata. "Well, ladies, this has been lovely, but I have people to bother, things to do," He slid back, giving the girls a dramatic bow. "Do enjoy your evening, I'll see you both around," He gave them a playful smirk and a wink before wandering away.

((when i commit to using coloured font but then post on my phone...))

"Good luck," Renata said, conspiratorially. She hoped Jordie would run across Ares, it all sounded so very romantic. Plus if they had to play Slytherin in Quidditch, maybe Ares would think twice before sending any bludgers Jordie's way. Maybe that was a little selfish. She shrugged, holding her hand out to share the beans with Sky. "I have pretty bad luck with them, but maybe it got cancelled out?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back