OOC First Name
Liv
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Myrtle Wand 15 1/2" Tail of Charmed Newt
Sumner piled his plate high with food from whatever trencher he could reach. He made a haphazard sandwich from a thick roll, ham, eggs, bacon, kippers and leeks. Ravenously he bit into it and closed his eyes at the rich salty flavors. Normally it was only Quidditch that made him eat like a pig but as he moved on from the demolished sandwich and started shoveling in hashbrowns with vinegar he could add his girl on the list.

Most guys he knew would give their eyeteeth to have that fiery Gryffindor wrapped around them. But if they'd been on the receiving end of her underhanded tactics they'd think twice. Purple nurples and super atomic wedgies aside, the girl was quick to anger and retaliate over something seemingly innocent on his part. Viciously he stabbed at some bangers and forked a bite into his mouth, chewing with a scowl on his face.

Kasey climbed down the staircase and walked into the Great Hall. She was dressed in black jeans and a white tank top, her hair were tied into a neat pony and she was looking forward to a good breakfast. She made her way to the Ravenclaw table which was almost empty except for a group of first years. This Ravenclaw wasn't in a mood of baby sitting first years so she decided to go and join her fellow classmate.

She had seen they boy in her classes and knew him as Sumner but they hadn't actually met them. She observed his eating style, like every other boy she thought with a sigh. She smiled at him and said "Hey there, can I join you?" Not waiting for an answer she sat opposite him. "I am Kasey Carla" she introduced herself with another dazzling smile.

Sumner grunted a garbled "Hey" around a mouthful of food. He glanced up to see who was talking to him and recognized the girl from classes and glimpses around the common room. He chewed, swallowed and gulped down some milk before setting his cup down with a crash. He wasn't in the mood for chit chat. What he was, was angry and it was steadily growing.

"Sumner Reine," he offered with a nod before grabbing an apple and biting into it. With methodical movements he finished the apple, even the core and seeds. The stem lay neatly on the side of his plate.

Aries walked over to the Ravenclaw table on seeing some of his classmates there.
"Hey you two, what's up then?" this was quite possibly the first time he had actually made it to the table without it being surrounded by first years or other younger students, so meeting up with kids his own age was a breath of fresh air.
He heard them introducing themselves and shrugged, hadn't they gotten past that stage yet?
They did share the same classes after all but he figured, he didn't hang out with them either and it was possibly the same for them.
"Aries" he laughed sitting down on the other side of Sumner.
"So what's on the menu today then?" he glanced up and down the table frowning, he wasn't particular about his grub usually but he didn't think he could stomach any more sausages and beef patties and certainly not any fruit.

She looked at the food, it was as usual bacon and eggs, toast, apple tart. She didn't feel like eating bacon and eggs so she decided to have some coffee and cookies. She looked in awe as Sumner finished his apple in something less then a minute. Just then another familiar face walked to them."Hello" she said with a smile at the second boy who like Sumner was her classmate.

"Usual breakfast stuff, sir" she said speaking in an assistant sort of voice."What would you care to eat?"she asked then laughed a bit. She was amazed by the fact that she didn't know these transfer boy's till today although they were classmates. "What electives did you guys take?"she asked them finding a topic to start a morning conversation. "I have taken COMC, Arthimacy and Divintaion" she added as she sipped her coffee.

Aries winked at Karla and looking about the table decided on a slice of the brown soda loaf.
"Miss I think I'll have some of that fine bread before you and perhaps some of that butter and Sumner can you toss over the honey?" he grinned at him, knowing full well he could and should use his magic but there were simply days where he really didn't mind doing things the muggle way for a change.
"I'm doing Care of Magical creatures too and Divination though to be honest, I never know what good any of them are going to be in the real world but divination is kind of easier than Ancient Runes and Arithmancy though I hear the professors here are top notch, compared to the two bozo's we had back at Durmstrang anyone is better really".

Kasey smiled and passed Aries the brown bread and butter. She noticed that Sumner's mood seemed to be off but they hardly knew each other so Kasey dropped the idea of asking him if everything was alright. She took a bite of her crunch cookie as she heard Aries's electives. Her eyes widened as she realized he took four electives.

"Wow, four electives"
she said her eyes twinkling. Kasey had to go beyond normal studying for her three elctives and here this boy sat infront of her, a transfer, who took one more subject then herself. "Why did you transfer?"she asked Aries hoping it wasn't something personal for which he would frown at her.

Kasey's two favorite boys studied in Dumstrang, her brother and the boy whom she liked although she didn't like to admit that to herself. However, she wondered where Dumstrang was. It was hidden like Hogwarts but Benjamin did tell her it was in the north were it was freezing. "How was it like there?" she asked curiously because for reason best known to themselves, Ben and Dan, never talked to her about their school.

Sumner nodded at Aries, his mouth too full to answer back. His stomach seemed to be bottomless in his anger. He followed their banter through slightly narrowed eyes and despite himself his mouth began to twitch. It was kind of funny. He picked up the honey and for a second his greyish green eyes connected with the back of Kat's brunette head. He hefted it consideringly then lightly tossed it to Aries.

Their course load was pretty impressive. "I'm just taking Care of Magical Creatures," he shrugged. Interested himself in Aries reply he waited patiently. He'd always wanted to take a tour of Durmstrang.

Aries smiled at Kasey but the smile froze in place when she asked why he had transferred. He couldn't very well tell them the complete and honest truth but he could sort of embellish it. He hated lying to anyone but more especially his housemates. Besides that he wasn't very good at it anyhow. He caught the jar of honey and thanked Sumner.
"Can you believe I was simply confused?" he grinned pouring the honey in a zigzag pattern over his bread and butter, "The professors came around in our second year and every one of them sold their subject so well I couldn't decide which one would be best so I ended up taking all four. It was alright as well as two were during one semester while the other two were in the final semester. I should really have told them here that I'd prefer to drop some but I'll wait till after the OWLs to do that. As for my reasons for transferring..."
Aries took a sip of his juice before answering.
"You need to be either heartless or tough as nails to go there. There had been some really bad treatment of a student that myself and my mates didn't agree with. I asked my folks to be transferred when we realised that nothing we said or did made a difference. Anyhow, I think it's ultimately safer to learn defences of the dark arts and not the actual dark arts themselves".
He picked up his bread and took a bite.
"How bout you Sumner, you weren't here last year. Transfer from where?"

Sumner took interest more in their conversation and looked up as Aries addressed him. It didn't sound pleasant at all at Aries last school. "Hogwarts in Scotland. It wasn't bad there," he shrugged, his anger finally abating. He'd corner Kat later and try to talk to her. Or go beat some heads in on the Quidditch pitch. "Much like it is here, except the people are a bit more understanding here and friendly."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back