OOC First Name
Kadi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Knotted 13 Inch Unyielding Hazel Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
Delilah sat at one of the tables set up in the great hall and would have been perfectly content to just sit there the entire night. It was partly due to being exhausted from handing out roses but she also liked to be an observer more often then not. But she would be lying if she said seeing people's reactions didn't make her a little more excited for the dance then she had been earlier that week. She watched the older students dancing with their dates and sighed. Dating seemed like a lot of pressure with even more expectations placed on you by the other person. But it wasn't like she had to worry about that now since there was no way any boy would like her. She was too shy, too quiet, too...not enough of a person to be interesting at all. Delilah sighed, her mood ruined which wasn't that surprising for her. She picked up the small cup of punch she had gotten earlier and took a small sip.

The white dress that had looked fine when Violette put it on in the common room felt sillier and more childish with every step she took into the great hall. Everyone here looked so stylish, so adult. Especially the older girls, in their long fashionable dresses. Violette felt like a little kid. The crowd in the great hall was bigger than she had expected, and the girl felt anxious as she tried her best not to bump into anyone while she looked around. She had hoped to see someone she recognized right away, but so far she couldn't spot any of her classmates. She wasn't sure if she was hoping to run into Brooke, or hoping to avoid her. The girl felt very bad about not sending her a rose. Violette moved over to the tables, which seemed like a safe space to be, compared to the busy dance floor. There she spotted Delilah, and it was with relief that Violette made her way over to the other girl. "Hello." She said, hovering near her table. "Could I sit here?"

Delilah would have been content to by herself until it was late enough to go back to the dorms with out seeming totally lame but she was glad that out of all the people to approach her it was Violette. "Oh hi Violette." she said with a small smile. "Yes of course." she added quickly and gestured to one of the chairs. Delilah liked Violette and she appreciated that she didn't always feel like she needed to try and impress the other girl at all times, like she did with her other friends. "So how has your Valentine's day been?" she asked.

Going to a school dance had seemed like a good idea, Halloween and Yule had been fun enough, but upon entering the hall, Sawyer wondered if maybe Valentine's wasn't quite the holiday for him. The decor was very.. pink, and Sawyer suddenly felt a lot more awkward for not dressing up or arriving with any friends. Skirting around the dance floor, Sawyer relaxed some when he spotted two of his housemates, hurrying over to join Delilah and Violette with a sigh of relief.

"Please tell me one of you guys knows what to do at these things," He said, quickly sliding into one of the free seats at their table and immediately feeling a bit more relaxed. The idea of dancing seemed terrifying and Sawyer was struggling to find more people he knew with everyone all dressed up. Sitting and talking was much safer than Sawyer's previous plan of standing around awkwardly until it seemed less embarrassing to leave.

Violette felt relieved as Delilah said she could stay here. She sighed, taking a seat at the table as well. The table felt like a little island of safety in the mass of unknown, older students. Viiolette decided she was not moving from this spot for a good while, maybe not for the entire dance. At least, until the other two decided to leave. Maybe that would be a good time to leave as well. She played with her hair as she looked around, then focused on Delilah as she asked a question. "It's been alright." She said softly. "I got a rose, but I didn't expect it and I didn't send any and I feel terrible." She admitted, frowning slightly. "Would you be angry if that were you?" She asked, feeling uncertain. Sawyer appeared next, and Violette couldn't help smiling a little at his words. He seemed so confident to her, but even he was at a loss here. "Sit here with people I know?" She suggested. "Maybe venture away carefully for snacks every once in a while?" Now that she was with people she knew, Violette was feeling a bit more at ease. Enough to joke a little.

Delilah considered Violette's question for a moment before answering. “I don’t think that’s a bad thing.” she said finally. "I wouldn't be angry. I sent a couple roses but it wasn't like I was really expect any back." she added, giving reasons for her thoughts. "I’m sure they feel the same way.” Delilah insisted, hoping she wouldn't feel awful all night. It did make her wonder who sent Violette a rose that would make her think something like that. She frowned slightly but was quickly distracted as Sawyer joined them at the table. She laughed a little at Violette's suggestion and nodded along in agreement before added her own. “I think dancing may also be involved at some point as well." she said thoughtfully. "But I don't know if that is mandatory or not." she wondered aloud.

Sawyer listened curious as the girls discussed a rose, clearly catching the tail end of a conversation bugging Violette. "Did you send any roses at all? It's probably not as big an offense if you sent zero, I bet," He said, checking over his shoulder to check out the snack table at Violette's comment. "That's a plan I could probably get behind," He said, grimacing as the music changed to a particularly sappy, slow song. "Is that why the professors are here?" He asked, lowering his voice when Delilah mentioned dancing. "Dance enforcers," Sawyer pulled a face, shaking his head. "I do music, I don't think the dance gods blessed me with any sort of skills though."

It was a small relief to hear that Delilah wouldn't be angry, but she wasn't sure if Brooke would be the same. She nodded, giving her a small smile. "Well, thank you." She told her. "I hope she feels the same way." She nodded at Sawyer. "I didn't send any at all... I wasn't expecting to receive any." She admitted. Violette's eyes widened as Delilah mentioned dancing. "Surely it's not mandatory." She said, glancing around nervously. Thankfully Sawyer seemed to agree, at least, she assumed he was joking about the professors being dance enforcers. "You guys can try dancing if you want, but I'd stay here." She told them. Sawyer's words made her curious. "What sort of music do you make?" She asked him. "I play cello." She added, though that was something she did at home. She hadn't touched an instrument since she came to Hogwarts, probably because her parents weren't here to tell her to practice.

Delilah nodded along with Sawyer said. "That's a good point." she said. "It would be hard to be mad if you didn't send any, rather then just forgetting about them specifically." she added before laughing at Sawyer's mention of dance enforcers. Although that was be the only reason she could think of for the professor's to even be there at all. Delilah perked up at the mention of music but couldn't help but blush as Violette suggested they dance. "I didn't know that." she blurted out, glad for the change in subject but she was still surprised when Violette mentioned playing cello. She was to be learning more about her roommate this evening then she expected. "I play some violin, and some piano." she said, sounding a little lame as she tried to talk about herself.

"There you go," Sawyer said happily, glad that Violette was hopefully less worried about her rose faux pas. He laughed when Violette said they could try dancing, shaking his head. "Nah, I'm good, thanks. I'll try my luck with the enforcers." He did perk up with interest when Viollette mentioned she played the cello, Delilah adding that she also played music. "Oh cool, are you guys in the art's club? You should join with me," He said. "I play piano and a bit of guitar. Usually just whatever my sister and I like to listen to if we can manage," He said, voice fond at the thought of playing music at home. "My uh- My Mum used to make and repair violins and cellos and stuff. Well, mostly violins," He said, smiling down at the tablecloth even if the remember hurt a bit to bring up still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back