Willows and Melodies

Xio was not in the mood to argue right now so she just respected Charlotte's say about this certain topic and besides everyone is entitled in their own opinions, right?

Even though it's gonna make the atmosphere awkward, Xio decided to become passive, again. She just twirled her finger on her loose hair. Her talkativeness might help this situation right now. She thought, hoping that Charlotte could read her mind.

After Charlotte voiced her opinion, she could see that Lief was not very comfortable with it. She sighed, quite disappointed in the fact that she made a friend who did not feel comfortable when others said what they liked. 'Oh, well' she thought, trying to hide the sadness in her face. 'At least she likes pranks!' She looked up and smiled, glad that she was quick to find optimism in the whole situation.

"So, tell me more about your pranking stories! I remember this one time my cousins went to a joke shop and bought a nose-biting teacup. Have you ever seen one of them before? They look just like an ordinary teacup but when you go to take a sip it bites your nose!" she laughed, clutching onto her stomach. "A-and my mother fell for it..." She was laughing too hard, unable to control herself and finish her story. In fact, Charlotte's story wasn't that funny at all but she was very easily amused and found it highly entertaining.

"I'm sorry." she apologised, calming herself down. Lief probably thought she was psycho now. Charlotte crossed her arms and sat there looking down at the ground again. The ground was probably the only thing that wasn't judging her at this current moment.

Thank the Mermaids she started blabbering again. Xiochtle was so nervous that Charlotte might leave her or something though it won't really affect her that much. Xio just started listening to Charlotte's pranking stories again. Honestly, Xio find it a little bit funny, not because of the joke but Char's of reaction.

"I'm sorry." she calmed herself down and apologised. Wait wait, she was confused by the situation right now. Urgh, girls and their moodiness! Now she has to figure out what's going on on this girl's mind. Did she do anything wrong? Was she embarrassed? It was probably the latter part though Xio's not quite sure. She decided not to push on the matter.

Well, here it goes. she decided. "I don't usually use magical stuff to prank others." she admitted." Sometimes I exchange salt with Iodized sugar, I would place thin yarns so that people will trip on it and fall face down and tie somebody's shoelaces with each other when they're sleeping So uhmmm, it's nothing really." she talked about all those stuff like it's nothing. Her eyes back and forth to Char and to the ground. Is it working?

For a moment there, Charlotte almost forgot that Lief was a Ravenclaw when she started talking about all her pranks she had done. They sounded much more cooler than any of Charlotte's pranks and smiled as she started talking about them. Maybe she could play these pranks on her parents when she goes back home for Christmas this year? 'They better watch out' Charlotte thought mischievously as she tried to think of a way she could fool them. Hogwarts was much more resourceful than she thought.

Lief talked about these pranks like they were nothing and Charlotte wondered what kind of other pranks the girl had done that she was actually proud about. They must have been pretty cool and Charlotte was jealous of her intelligent mind. How could she think of things so easily? It's probably all those books.

"Have you heard of this thing where it's a frog disguised as soap and when you wet it other frogs spawn out of it? They sell it at joke shops and my father bought one once and one of the frogs bit off one of his friends ears and he had to grow back a new one." Charlotte told her, not laughing as much as last time anymore in case Lief was going to walk away. "You know, I never actually thought that growing back an ear was possible but I guess anything is possible in the magical world. I've lived with magic my whole life but it still amazes me with the kind of stuff it can do. That's why I feel extremely sorry for all the muggle-borns who are told to go to some stupid school to learn something they know nothing about. But most muggle-borns are really smart and they're all very gifted, don't you think so?"

While she was listening to Char's stories, she instantly flinched when she heard the word 'frog.' She imagined those things Charlotte said and she was actually debating whether to cover her ears or drown herself. Frogs just really terrifies her. After that horrible story, atleast for Xiochtle it was, Char's started talkin about Magic and how she was sorry for those MG's- Xio's code for muggles.

Little did Charlotte know, she was actually envious with the MG's. Why? Well at least they know their identity and by identity Xio means their blood status. She really don't know who and what she is. Xio stopped herself from piling negative stuffs. She has to concentrate on other matters. "-But most muggle-borns are really smart and they're all very gifted, don't you think so?"

" I guess." she answered honestly, besides she hadn't really mingled with Muggles.

Charlotte smiled at Lief when she agreed that muggle-borns were smart. "Yeah! And some muggle-borns end up being at the top of their class or year!" Charlotte continued, trying not to get a bit over-excited again. "I wonder what type of things they teach you at muggle school! Surely they wouldn't teach Charms or Potions? What other subjects are there to learn? My cousins say that it's simple and all you do is count and read so why isn't it that simple here? Of course, magic is a much better thing to learn so that's maybe why muggle-borns are so much better! I mean, they just feel more motivated to do things here than at muggle school, you know?"

Finally, Charlotte's ramble was over and she lay on her back on the grass to look at the sky. She wondered when Lief was going to start talking and felt kind of sorry that she talked for so long. Maybe that's all that Charlotte needed - someone to listen to her rant about absolutely nothing.

Xio was listening to Charlotte’s fascinating stories. About her parents, cousins, life in general. Hearing those stories made Xiochtle a bit jealous. Why? Simply because she’s confident, understanding and patient enough to keep up with peoples drama. And she will never be like that, like ever.

She continued listening to Char and she heard her mention about Muggle schools. Xio actually went to MG schools back then but not to study but to work. She sometimes stay to see what the students are actually doing, and as Char said, It was all simple stuff like physics, calculus and other sciences. What Xio didn't understand is that why MG students act like it was hard, it was pretty simple, at least for her.

Her thoughts were disturbed when her peripheral vision saw that Char laid back. She turned to Char and said "You know that gonna leave a mark right?" referring to the slightly muddy grass she's laying in.

Charlotte looked straight at Lief's face when she mentioned the mud on the ground. "Well, people pray for rain so you have to deal with the mud it makes too." she said as a matter of factly. Besides, Charlotte loved playing in the mud and she could always ask her mother to clean her clothes with magic if they ended up getting too muddy. Charlotte made a mental note not to roll around in it and simply stayed put, lying straight on her back. Anyway, they were both sitting in it so it shouldn't be a problem at all.

"So tell me about your family," She put her hands behind her head. "What are they like? Are they both magical or are you muggle-born? I want to hear it all!" she exclaimed with a smile upon her face. She felt that it was Lief's turn to talk about her family and was excited to hear what she had to say.

Honestly, Xio didn't paid attention to Charlotte's answer. She's still stuck at the fact that she was jealous of Charlotte. Xiochtle noticed that many of her stories has her family involved. Family. The word made Xio suddenly...sick? The fact that she doesn't have any idea about her origins and even her blood status for Merlin's sake.

Her thoughts were shaken when she heard Char said "So tell me about your family, what are they like? Are they both magical or are you muggle-born? I want to hear it all!" and suddenly 'click', Char hit a major nerve.

"It's actually none of your freakin' business." she said in her coldest voice. And with that she went back to the willow, started tidying up her things and go, or else she's going to explode like a bomb and she sure as hell she's going to hurt Char's feelings.

It felt like the world had exploded and she was the only survivor left on earth. It made her feel as if it was all her fault that the tsunami inside Lief had started; as if Lief was the world and Charlotte was the culprit for the cruel act. In fact, it made Charlotte feel like she never felt before and she watched as Lief stormed back into the willow and gathered her things so she could run far away from the horrible creature that was Charlotte as fast as possible. She wasn't sure what she had said but it seemed like Lief's family history wasn't something that she liked talking about. But somehow Charlotte felt like it was her fault that these things were happening and somehow she felt like Slytherin was probably the best house for a terrible girl like herself.

She stood up and followed Lief into the willow. "I-I'm sorry," she stammered, wondering how on earth she was going to get away with this. She didn't want Lief to be upset over something she said. Charlotte was sick of people always getting offended by the smallest things she would say and wanted to crawl into a deep and dark hole and scream all her bad out. She wanted to change the way in which she thought and she hated Slytherin house but now understood why she was there. "I didn't mean to- I just thought tha-" She sighed, knowing that whatever she said would not fix the way in which Lief felt. For once, Charlotte felt weak and vulnerable and she knew she deserved whatever she ended up getting from Lief.

"Go on, bugger off then." she murmured, sitting herself back down on the grass and burying her head in her hands. Her attitude was probably not working but she had a feeling that their friendship was not going to last long anyway. Besides, they were two completely different people in two completely different houses and both of them were a very unique match. Not many people wanted to talk to Charlotte and she felt glad that at least one person had liked her company. But it turned out that they didn't and now Charlotte was sitting back on the grass alone whilst Lief was inside the willow, getting ready to make her move. Whatever Lief was going to do to her when she came out of the willow, Charlotte hoped that she wouldn't hurt her too bad at least.

Xio was numb. She can't feel anything right now. As if the only thing that could she could do was run away... run. She gathered her things up quickly as possible and knew that Char followed her. "I-I'm sorry," she stammered. Xio can hear the regret in her voice but she didn't care not, one bit."I didn't mean to- I just thought tha-" She added then sighed. And Xio knew what that sigh means... it means the end. It always is.

Her things felt like it weighed a ton. Her mouth tasted like steel. Her evergreen eyes glued and focused anywhere except Charlotte. Xio even wishes that she could cry in these situations but no, she can't even have the pleasure of doing that. That's how baffling she is.

"Go on, bugger off then." Char mumbled. Xio wasn't even surprised at how she acted, actually she expected this. Besides having friends isn't her style and maybe it will never be. At last she finished packing up, her supposed to be peaceful recreation has now ended. And for the last time, she took a last glimpse of Charlotte. Her small frame in the grass, her fragile hands on her face. Did I do that? Did she deserve this? she asked herself, her guilt creeping in. Knowing the answer to her own query she took a shot in saying goodbye to her... to Charlotte.

"It was nice while it lasted."she told her, her voice flat as a pavement. No emotions, no nothing. All she new was that she's gonna remember and maybe even miss her. Then she left her there. Again empty handed. Only unfortunate memories of Willows, Melodies and a Slytherin named Charlotte.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back