Willows and Melodies

Xiochtle Lief Morta

OOC First Name
E to the A
Sexual Orientation
Boring Lass
Wand
People Repellling
Stacked books. School works. Annoying Students. Xio was tired of all of them. She needs her usual peace of mind and find herself some place to relax, quick. She looked down from the towers with her emerald eyes and her dark brown hair dangling, and saw The Lakefront in all its beauty. Guess I have to settle with that.

She was thankful that she’s the only one in her room or else somebody might think she’s crazy. Why? Well she’s just carrying a guitar as big as her, a whole lot of papers and pencils. She after she finalized her things she slowly walked out of her room and looked around, it’s a habit. Making sure that there’s no one following her she continued going to the lake.

And then there she was, in awe of nature’s beauty. Xio put down her things and roamed for a while. “I've read that there’s a giant squid here.” She said out loud while dipping her fingers in the water.Her skinny fingers felt oddly warm in the water but ignored it eventually. After the stroll, she found herself a place, a thick willow tree, she entered the curtain like leaves of the tree and saw that it's actually spacious. She placed down her stuff and lied on her back. "Now, this is life." She took some snacks out of her bag and started chomping on it while writing scribbles on her notes.

"Aw men, Really?" Xio is pissed that her snacks is already lost. "Great, now I've got to entertain myself with stupid sticks and stones." she sighed but when she turned she saw her guitar. "It's been a long time pal." she grabbed the guitar, lied on her back once more and started making some music. When will I make friends?

Charlotte's time at Hogwarts had started to become pretty eventful lately. She had met someone that stalked her just to say to her that he wanted her to be his 'partner-in-crime' and she met someone that wanted to help her set a book on fire. Back at home, she wouldn't get away with either of those things and it kind of made Charlotte feel free. Hogwarts was actually starting to feel like home despite her house misplacement and she knew that this was only going to be the start of something new.

Wondering out of the castle, Charlotte made her way across the Hogwarts grounds and into the lakefront. She needed some fresh air and loved the outdoors. She was also looking for adventure and thought that the lakefront was one of the most perfect places to go without getting into trouble.

Settling herself down on one of the benches in front of the water, Charlotte noticed a girl about her age talking to herself. She seemed happy and Charlotte watched as she dipped her fingers into the water and then disappeared into a thick willow tree. This intrigued Charlotte and she followed her to the willow tree, hoping to find some adventure. The girl seemed a bit loony but Charlotte was also a bit nosy and couldn't help herself.

Entering the willow tree, Charlotte found the girl lying on her back playing her guitar that was almost as big as her. She looked like she was having fun. "What are you doing?" Charlotte asked her, trying to sound polite. Hopefully the girl wouldn't mind her taking a quick look. After all, she seemed like she could need some friends.

"What are you doing?" those words popped like firecrackers that startled Xiochtle. The guitar she's been holding was thrown to the side "Holy Mother of Elves" she said while cupping her chest. There sneaking in the willow tree- her supposed to be safe haven, was a blonde girl. Well that was fast. Being introverted and all, it's been a long time since she's been with someone.

Not knowing what to do, she just stared at girl, maybe looking like an idiot. Her pale hands started to get paler, she broke brow contact - she can't really look into the eyes of others, and roamed her eyes around the spacious interior. Her stuff was a total mess. No. her guitar, it has a scratch. She ran her fingers to the damage Hang in there, pal. She looked back at the girl, narrowed her eyes, waiting for an explanation.

Charlotte frowned at the girl as she threw her guitar and ran her fingers over its wound. "Sorry for startling you." Charlotte said, wishing she had not intruded. Charlotte had frightened the girl and was starting to feel bad for doing so. The girl just sat there awkwardly, trying to not look at Charlotte directly. She wanted to go and hug the girl and truly apologise for her wrongdoings but thought otherwise and stood there looking down at the poor girl.

"I'm Charlotte." Charlotte said, putting her hand out for the girl to shake. "I was just looking for some friends but I can see you already have one. Oh, and sorry about breaking it." Charlotte gestured over to the guitar which was laying on the floor. She wanted to fix it but didn't know many fixing spells. She has seen her mother fix wounds and the sort but was unsure if it'd work on a guitar. Sighing, Charlotte took a seat next to the girl, ignoring how uncomfortable she was and started fiddling with her thumbs. This was definitely not a good way to make friends.

"I'm Charlotte." the blonde girl introduced herself, offering her hand . "I was just looking for some friends but I can see you already have one. Oh, and sorry about breaking it." She's saying sorry too much. It's already the second one.

Xio was surprised that the girl decided sitting next to her. Woah, this is awkward. she moved a little, away from the girl. She saw how she played with her fingers, her expressive eyes went back from her guitar to her fingers Maybe she is truly sorry. But what about her guitar, she's very careful not to damage it but this girl- suddenly Xio remembered this girl. Was she a Hufflepuff? She seems like a Hufflepuff. but then she recalled that this Blonde Girl is a Slytherin. Wait what?

"Pfft. Impossible. A Slytherin?" She thought out loud. Great, Xio.

"Pfft. Impossible. A Slytherin?" The girl thought aloud and Charlotte looked at her, finally thankful that someone agreed that she was misplaced.

"I know, right!??" Charlotte exclaimed. "But I've been making friends in Slytherin and they're all okay I guess. Some are a bit mean but I guess you can get mean people in any house. I think it's just Slytherin's bad reputation and all. You know, you-know-who was in Slytherin and all his death eaters were too." Charlotte rambled on. The girl wasn't creating much conversation so Charlotte had to start somewhere. "I didn't quite catch your name? What was it?" she asked, hoping the girl would start talking to her.

(-----)

Yup, Mis-sorted alright. She's too chatty and friendly. Xio was just listening to all the things she said, Charlotte said. She studied all her actions. How her face lighten up when I said that she doesn't belong in Slytherin, how her face scrunched when she talked about the you-know-who guy. It was really fun watching her. The girl, Charlotte must have noticed that she doesn't talk much and asked "I didn't quite catch your name? What was it?" She really is exerting a lot of effort trying to talk to Xio, Maybe it's time to return the favor.

"Lief, Lief Morta" she didn't stutter nor anything but she did said this in a cold tone. I'm still inexperienced with this kind of stuff she convinced herself. Xio gave her hand to the girl expecting a shake, trying to make up for cold tone. This should do it, I guess. Deep inside, Xio hoped the girl wouldn't get bored and still make efforts to talk to her, besides she really is trying her best.

Lief Morta. That was the girl's name. Charlotte smiled at Lief and shook her hand. She was glad she was finally making the girl feel comfortable. It made Charlotte feel more comfortable too and glad that she was finally making some friends who enjoyed her company.

"So, what songs can you play?" Charlotte asked, referring back to the guitar. Charlotte had never really played the guitar but her mother was excellent at it. The way her mother would pic the six strings at the dinner table every night amazed Charlotte. Her mother was a muggle-born so she learnt how to play off a muggle. Muggles were actually very smart people but Charlotte only ever knew her grandparents so it was debatable.

"So, what songs can you play?" Ooops she hit a nerve. Not wanting to answer that Xio quickly changed the topic. "Follow me, I want to show you something." she offered leading the way. "Come on." she encouraged Charlotte.

When they were both outside of the willow, she exhaled and sat at the grass facing the Lake. She didn't wait for Charlotte to st next to hear instead she started doing her thing, sharing her knowings. "Do you believe in mermaids?" she asked while throwing a pebble to it. Looking at how the lake engulfed the stone, how trees sway with the wind and how she met this girl. It's seems like a dream.

The girl seemed to dislike what Charlotte asked and quickly ushered her away, leaving her guitar behind. She wanted to show Charlotte something. Charlotte followed her out of the willow tree and in front of the lake and sat next to Lief as she started throwing a pebble into it.

Charlotte laughed. "Yes, of course! Haven't you seen merpeople!? Of course they're real." she said, trying not to embarrass the girl even more. She didn't understand why Lief still was enjoying Charlotte's company but she kept talking to her nonetheless, supposing that Lief would probably get tired of her soon. It happened all the time but mostly it was because Charlotte was annoying them.

"Yes, of course! Haven't you seen merpeople!? Of course they're real." Psh, she seems like a 3 year old. She reminds me of someone. The thought made her smiled but quickly erased it from her face, hoping Charlotte didn't saw it. Then Xio drew a sketch of a mermaid with a stick in the sand. She didn't know what will Charlotte think or will she understand the drawing instead she started talking.

"The oldest recorded merpeople were known as sirens and it is in warmer waters they are the beautiful mermaids more frequently depicted in Muggle literature and painting." she explained, not being cocky though. Xio just wants to keep the conversation going and it's the only way of communication she's comfortable of."And this," pointing at her drawing. "Are the selkies of Scotland they are less beautiful, but they share that love of music which is common to all merpeople. They are the ones under there." she finished while pointing her fingers down at the Great lake. I hope she's interested in learning more. "So?" Asking Charlotte who seems speechless right now.

Charlotte could see that Lief was really enjoying her company. She didn't want to show it but Charlotte was enjoying hers too and thought that they could get along really well. She hadn't really met many people from Ravenclaw and thought that Ravenclaws were just smart snobs but, in fact, they were really interesting to talk to and it kind of made Charlotte glad that she had found this girl.

Charlotte watched as Lief drew her picture and used it as a guide to her explanation about merpeople. She didn't really expect for this to be a lesson about merpeople but was glad about the interesting fact session they were having. Charlotte learnt that sometimes listening to a Ravenclaw talk was one of the greatest things about life.

"Yeah, merpeople are rather ugly, aren't they?" Charlotte said, agreeing with her referring to them as 'less beautiful'. Sometimes the truth hurt and Charlotte wondered if the merpeople under the lake were going to come up and attack her. She didn't really mind as that way she'd be able to finally see one up close but she didn't really feel like dying today. "Where did you learn about merpeople?" Charlotte asked, keeping the conversation going. Ravenclaws knew far too much and they must have a secret to their success, right?

Xiochtle was somewhat glad to see that Charlotte was interested. "Yeah, merpeople are rather ugly, aren't they?" Xio mentally smirked when she said the word "ugly" , Maybe that's why she's a Slytherin. She's honest, brutally so. "Where did you learn about merpeople?" Oh, another personal one. "Books. I read a lot on my spare time." she half honestly answered. And by "spare time" she means all the time.

Scouring through her bags she found another stash of snacks. Xio was really hungry with all the explaining. She grabbed some of her chips and munched it like it was her first snack ever. Xiochtle admits that she's a great glutton, that's why sharing her food was by far the most hardest task in making friends. Though hesitating, she asked Charlotte " Do you want one?" while keeping the stash close to her, opposite with what she just said.

Books. Charlotte wasn't too sure on reading books. The only time she read books was if she really needed to and she also wasn't a very skilled reader so it took a long time for her to read. She always wondered whether there was something wrong with her and often got teased for her lack of knowledge. Books were interesting but they really weren't Charlotte's thing.

Charlotte watched as Lief went through her bag and pulled out some snacks, shoving them into her mouth. Perhaps she went into the kitchens and smuggled some food? Charlotte wasn't quite up to exploring the kitchens yet but needed to do so very soon. She wondered what the kitchens looked like and if the house elves were different to the ones she's seen before. Surely they were treated better here at Hogwarts?

"Do you want one?" Lief asked, keeping the food close to her almost as if Charlotte was going to attack her anytime soon. Charlotte laughed. The girl seemed very possessive and it made Charlotte wonder if all Ravenclaws were that way. She really needs to meet more Ravenclaws.

"I'm good." Charlotte replied. She was afraid that if she accepted her offer that she would hate her forever. Lief was quite an interesting person and Merlin knows what she'd do if Charlotte took one of her chips. "But thanks for your offer. I just had a massive meal at the great hall before coming here. The house elves make great food! Have you ever tried their chicken wings? It's almost like they come from heaven!" she said, looking up at the sky as if she was talking to the clouds and thanking the heaven above. Not even her grandmother's cooking could beat the house elves.

"I'm good." Phew, that was close. Xiochtle continued munching on her snacks when Charlotte added "But thanks for your offer. I just had a massive meal at the great hall before coming here. The house elves make great food! Have you ever tried their chicken wings? It's almost like they come from heaven!" she looks like she really had a great meal. And what makes it interesting for Xio is that it involves the word "food."

"Really?" Her face was more alive than ever. "What kind? Are there desserts? Do they serve steaks? Can I come with you next—" she cut herself of. She might've look like she hadn't eaten for decades but who can blame her its freaking food they're talking about. Xio has never asked so many questions in her stay here in Hogwarts. "Eerhmmm, never mind." She managed to say while licking the crumbs of her fingers.

Xiochtle spend the next minute staring at basically everything except Charlotte. Maybe she placed her on a awkward situation so Xio thought that maybe, just maybe it's time for her to level up. "So w-what about you? What are your interests?" She stammered a bit, being the one who initiated the next conversation.

Nice one Xio, nice one.
[/b
ig]

"Sure you can come! Don't worry about it, I'm always up for company!" Charlotte exclaimed, noticing how much Lief loved food. Charlotte didn't blame her as the food at Hogwarts was delicious. In fact, all food tasted delicious and it was literally what kept everyone alive. But Charlotte wasn't obsessed with it which kind of made her feel uncomfortable with talking about food in such a way.

"Me?" Charlotte was taken aback when Lief asked about her interests. Not many people had cared about what Charlotte liked and disliked and it was usually Charlotte asking these kind of questions as conversation starters. "Well... I love kittens. They're really adorable and fluffy and who could ever say they hate them? Also, I love going to new places and discovering new things." she said, feeling very weird with talking about herself. She wanted to change that quickly. "What about you?" she asked, hoping the conversation would steer away from her as fast as possible.

Xiochtle was delighted to hear that she could come with Charlotte though she doesn't like the fact that she was going with someone, she still prefers being alone. She also guessed that Charlotte might be uncomfortable at the current subject, her actions says it all.

"Well... I love kittens. They're really adorable and fluffy and who could ever say they hate them? Also, I love going to new places and discovering new things." she answered at her question quite funnily. "What about you?" she countered. Oh so this is it. figuring Charlotte's intention, Xio can't help but smirk. "You don't like being in the spotlight do you." she said that to Charlotte's face. She likes discovering things from people y'know, it's like her forte. Well goodbye potential friend. she thought not meeting Charlotte's face.

Lief noticed how uncomfortable Charlotte was. "Not really." she muttered, looking to the ground. She felt her cheeks turn red and knew that Lief probably didn't like her as much anymore. It wasn't the fact that Charlotte didn't like attention but she couldn't find any comfort in talking about herself. It felt weird and the world didn't always have to revolve around Charlotte.

"I'm sorry." she apologised, realising that she probably wasn't going to be liked much by Lief anymore. "I just don't like talking about myself but I'd love to hear more about you!" The only things Charlotte knew about Lief was that she was intelligent and had a great liking to food. Those were two characteristics that Charlotte would never forget about Lief and Charlotte was glad that she knew them. Lief didn't seem like she had many friends that knew these things about her so it made Charlotte feel special.

"Not really." Charlotte answered, causing Xio to turn her head towards her. She looked at Char's face- her name was so long-Xio figured out she might need to have a shorter name for Charlotte, a convenient one for her- was red, like tomato red. Was she embarrassed? she noticed how Char looked at the ground when she's uncomfortable. Xio felt she doesn't need to speak now, she let Charlotte do the talking.

"I'm sorry." she apologised, though Xio was bewildered why. "I just don't like talking about myself but I'd love to hear more about you!" Char added. More about me? There's no "more" about me she thought bitterly. Her face stern, Xio said to Charlotte, "Okay, you cant talk about yourself, I will." this is what she did to make Charlotte be comfortable, at least that's what she thought. She wants to show Charlotte that she's... well it maybe hard for her to admit it but, nice?

"Your'e energetic, loves to learn and I guess adventure too. And by the looks of it you have a muggle in you, not that it's a bad thing though. And I think I know why your'e in Slytherin, your kinda mischievous in your own way, a little bit a nuisance I guess? And your'e honest, brutally." One by one Xio revealed her deductions and observation about Charlotte, She doesn't know if Char would happy or angry about it but she continued. "Do you like pranks?" she wasn't sure with this one but she gave it a shot. "Generally, your'e you. All nice but a bit of spice. See there's more about you, Charlotte. More." she pointed out with voice straight as a ruler. Xio convinced her that Char was indeed great but can't even do that for herself.

After realizing that she has given a speech, she wanted to drown herself. Nice move, now she thinks your'e a complete Psycho. she just looked away and sighed at the thought.

Charlotte was taken aback when Lief started telling her everything about herself. She seemed great at listening and observing considering they had only known each other for a little while and Charlotte felt kind of relieved that she didn't have to say all that by herself. She wasn't sure what she meant by having a 'muggle' in her. The only muggles she knew were her grandparents but she had always thought of herself as a full pure-blood despite her only being half as she has grown up with magic her whole life.

"Ooohh yes! I love pranks!" Charlotte exclaimed when Lief mentioned pranks. She only liked to prank people for a reason or just as a joke and she wouldn't ever prank anyone to hurt them. Pranks were so much fun to Charlotte but she hadn't pranked anyone at Hogwarts just yet. Usually, the only people she'd prank were her parents but they weren't there. It kind of made Charlotte miss her parents in a way.

"Have you ever pranked anyone before?" Charlotte asked her. "It's a lot of fun and I can never stop laughing after I'm finished. Who have you pranked before? I usually just prank my parents. But they find it annoying. I don't know how though..." Charlotte stopped and considered that for a moment. Maybe pranking people wasn't the nicest thing to do? Some people just can't take a joke.

Well Xiochtle was relieved when Charlotte talking a lot again. And what's more surprising was that she was talking about herself! Look at what a little encouraging can do. You could use some of that. her subconscious mind started kicking in but ignored it.

"Yeah I do like them too." she admitted though hesitates on telling her the other details. It's supposedly a secret prank so that no one will blame her or something. Well sharing a little bit won't hurt right?. " Actually I had done a lot of pranks. Being alone with books may be boring sometimes, so I went to shops, romantic restaurants actually, record fart noises and when someone proposes or ask somebody out, well you get the point, it gets loud, very loud." she slides her fingers through her dark brown hair, reminiscing and smirking aboout her past mischiefs.

Yup, Pranking is indeed fun.

Charlotte laughed so hard when Lief told her one of her pranking stories that her stomach started to hurt. She imagined how embarrassing it would be for the person who was proposing and she wondered how long it took before anyone realised who it was. It was a bit inappropriate but nothing was too inappropriate for Charlotte's liking.

"That's hilarious!" Charlotte said, trying to calm her laugh down. "Have you heard of the shop Gambol and Japes? They sell heaps of cool things that you can prank people with! We have to wait until our third year before we are allowed to visit with the school though. But I can't wait! I feel like you're able to do so many more things once you're older which really sucks." Charlotte wondered how cool it would be to walk into a joke shop. She's never been to one before but it's definitely something she wants to do before she dies. Besides, it's only a couple more years which made her really excited.

After that statement, Charlotte burst out laughing like a mad person from a mental hospital. She looks like she's gonna die from laughing. Well there's a river here, so if ever she's really gonna die, I could simply toss her. she joked though realized she mustn't share it to Charlotte.

"That's hilarious!" Charlotte said while calming down. "Have you heard of the shop Gambol and Japes? They sell heaps of cool things that you can prank people with! We have to wait until our third year before we are allowed to visit with the school though. But I can't wait! I feel like you're able to do so many more things once you're older which really sucks." Xio actually heard about it, though she's unlikely to go there. She has to save money for certain reasons.

"I disagree, being a kid is like the best thing for me." she countered. Not specifying why, she just hugged her knees and again glued her eyes to the horizon. "Some would give everything to be child again." she added.

Charlotte considered Lief's statement for a moment. She agreed that being a kid was lots of fun and you could get away with so many more things. But there were negatives and positives about being an adult and a child so you wouldn't win either way.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. But when you're an adult you don't have to require adult supervision because you're an adult so you're able to do whatever you want. There are also less restrictions to where you can go which means you're able to explore more places. I don't know about you but I'd love to explore all the places that adults can explore." she explained, happily expressing her opinion. Sometimes voicing your opinion aloud was the best thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back