Will this cause a problem? Yep!

Nicolette was quite right to think that Audel thought he was in the clear, for the moment he had exited the room with Effie a sort of tension had lifted from his shoulders. He wasn't a fool enough to think that things were 'going to be alright' now because he could ask Effie to marry him and la-dee-dah. Audel was a pessimist at heart, but he still relaxed. Not so when Niccy began to speak. His back was up immediately when she called Effie the Black Sheep, but he didn't dare interrupt when Nicolette was wearing the face she was wearing. Thankfully she was only addressing Effie for the time being, though he didn't envy the lecture Effie was being given. Instinctively Audel shuffled closer and put an arm around her though he knew she wasn't in any danger. It was the only measure of comfort that he was able to provide and, considering that he felt most of this was his fault, it was some parts guilty as well. But all this talk of tearing Effie apart made him fidgety and irritable. The last thing he needed was more threat against Effie's life, let alone his. Audel knew just where the next threat would come from, too. Once Acwel Ater got word of Audel's under-the-table dealings with another family over a girl, things were going to turn very ugly for him and Effie could be involved. Whatever happened, Effie couldn't be there at the time, for he knew he wouldn't be able to keep Acwel away from her. One spell ... one stray spell could make her miscarry or kill the three of them. He'd have to consider alternative living circumstances.

'NO COFFEE?!'. Audel looked up, startled, as Effie cried out in dismay. Nicolette was barring Effie from drinking coffee? Surely coffee couldn't do anything too harmful to the twins ... but what did he know. Audel's stomach dropped at the sight of her face, looking up at him and pleading so pitifully that he was obviously moved. He looked towards Nicolette hesitantly and asked "Is there ... a specific reason why she can't have any caffeine?". If it had to do with the baby's health then Effie would just have to do without, but even then he might crumble if she ever looked at him like that again.

Nicolette cocked her head to the side, she would have found Audel and Effie to be an absolutely adorable couple together if she had be less irritated at the two of them. She was sure that Audel would take very good care of Effie and she would take very good care of him. Still Nicolette had reason to worry over both of them because they were both so young and obviously very influenced by their feelings for one another and they could be controlled if there was ever a situation like that. "Caffeine could be harmful to both her and the babies in her state." Nicolette said with another sigh onto her comment, she really needed to get on home and such before Kalif started to wonder where she was and everything, she had told him she would be right back. Plus she was tired and wanted some food, the baby wore a lot out of her and she needed to take care of herself more so she didn't have to worry about having another early birth. "I should probably be headed home soon, Kalif will start to worry." Nicolette stated as she rubbed her enlarged stomach, her baby boy was starting to get fussy and she figured that was her sign to take her leave and get out while she was still able to without dealing with any of the Snows and their problems. Just as she was about to turn and leave she stopped and looked at Audel with a serious look filling her sparkling golden eyes, she had one last thing to say.

"Oh and Audel, Good luck" Nicolette turned and gave Audel a dark yet sly smile, she was basically wishing him good look on proposing to Effie and all. She had no idea when he planned on doing it or how, but she figured he was probably nervous about it. And with that she turned and apparated off without further discussion to either of them.

Effie sighed under her breath as she buried her head into Audel's lower shoulder, she didn't like the idea of having no caffeine for awhile but knew that if it was for the babies health then she had better not risk it. Effie nodded signifying that she understood and would obey the older Death Eaters words, even if she didn't like the idea of not having her morning coffee to help her wake up and get ready for the long day ahead. Before Nicolette left she turned and had a look that was probably one of the most evil looking from her that she had seen in years, then she told Audel good luck and Effie felt herself become very lost and confused on what on earth she was talking about to him. "Good luck on what?" She lifted her head from his shoulder and gave him a very curious look, he seemed to know something that she didn't and she wanted some answers. Was he going to suddenly decide that he didn't want to be with her something or now, her eyes took on a worried look for a fraction of a moment as she tried to think of what he would need any sort of luck on. Effie left her hand fall down so she could grab Audel's larger hand in her own and link fingers with him lightly, she really wanted to just hug the life out of him right now.

"Hey Audel, do you want to make me some food?" Effie grinned and started to pull him off to somewhere, the babies demanded food and she figured that maybe spending the day with him would make him feel better about being here or maybe the whole situation. Effie had tasted some of Audel's cooking and he was amazing at it, she knew it would fill her up much faster than if she had tried to cook for herself. "Unless you you would rather go back home and stuff, I won't make you stay here or anything." Her gaze averted to the ground for a moment, she stopped leading Audel to the kitchen and waited to see what he would think about all of this. Effie wanted to tell Audel that she loved him and wished he would never leave her on her own but of course there was something keeping her from saying it every time.

Harmful to the babies' health? Audel frowned and looked at Effie, whose eyes were still just as devastating as they were before to his strength of will. Even so, he looked at Nicolette and nodded sternly. There'd be no caffeine for Effie for the next few months, despite how well he made it if he had to. Audel didn't drink it himself so at least there would be none in the house. He knew enough about food to know what would give her longer-lasting energy in the place of caffeine. If it took her longer in the morning to wake up, so be it. He gave her a swift, apologetic kiss on the temple and looked to Niccy, smiling his thanks. He didn't know if he'd even been able to make it up the marble steps of the manor if it wasn't for her ... and if things had gotten nasty, Audel might have been right screwed. She gave him a smile that made the corner of his lip curl upwards in return, knowing that he needed all the luck he could get in the next endeavour. Now if was just he and Effie left in the hallway, Audel's heart beating faster at the notion of what might come next. Effie surprised him as she always did by taking his hand and squeezing it tightly. Dammit, thought Audel. Just when he was working himself up to a good panic, all she had to do was simply hold his hand and all he could do was smile. He'd be a wreck if they ever had a fight.

He grinned to himself and allowed his body to be towed towards the kitchen. That was another thing that he loved doing; cooking for Effie. Audel loved to see her eyes light up seeing whatever he put together next, and they could spend hours just eating together and sitting for ages afterward, just to talk. She stopped him in the hallway, though, and he smiled and ran his hand over her cheek. "I'd rather stay here with you," said Audel gently, leaning into kiss her lips sweetly. He knew the moment was right, but whether he had the courage was another question. But what kind of Ater went to the trouble he had, only to shirk out at the last moment? This wasn't jam or marmalade, this was life with Effie or life without. It was this love that made him speak up. Audel lifted his head and took her hands gently. "Effie," he began. "You've probably had a stressful morning, so it would be impolite of me not to explain why all of this has happened. Alphonse already knew about your being pregnant, but he didn't know who by and why he wanted to meet him." Audel grinned sheepishly. "Well, you saw the gist of how he took it. But ... I wouldn't have come so far just to get accepted by him. There was more I had to ask of Alphonse ... and of you." His hands began to tremble slightly but he couldn't let go of them yet. Just a few more words to say. "I asked for your hand in marriage. He said yes ... I'm only looking for one more yes." God, he loved her.

Effie grinned when he said he would rather stay here with her and had given her a kiss, he had no idea how much he had seriously just made her say by saying just those simple words. But then the nervousness returned once again when Audel lifted his head and took her hands gently, he seemed like her was really nervous about something and it didn't take Effie long too long for her to hear exactly what was up and why Audel was here. Her heart beat in her chest like a wildfire especially when he said the last part that made Effie's heart completely stop. "Oh my god..." Her hand rose up to cover her mouth in shock when she pretty much heard Audel tell her that he wanted to marry her, and that he wanted her to say eyes. Tears began to prick the corners of her eyes as she tried to remain calm and not burst out crying, she was so happy and so thrilled because she never thought she would be asked by anyone especially by the man of her dreams. "Audel...I.....I don't know what to say. I would love to marry you but, your not only asking me this because of the babies are you?" Effie bit her lip as she felt tears prick at her eyes, she wanted to marry him so much that she would love to just scream it out at him. But what if he was only doing this because he thought he had to and everything, sure they were his children to but she would rather be married to him because he cared about her instead of it just being for their children. Slowly Effie enveloped her arms around him in a soft but caring hug, sometimes life was so hard and she felt like she was just making it that much harder on people who didn't deserve it. "I don't want you to feel pressured into anything because-" Effie stopped herself but continued to embrace him, she needed to tell him how she felt before he thought that she didn't care either. When she was younger she always heard her mother say there was someone out there for everyone, even someone as strange and misfitted for this world as she was.

"Audel I-....well I love you." She stated softly, still gripping his back softly, she leaned up to kiss him again softly, she withheld the urge to suddenly ask him if he wanted to spend the long night with her with her, she figured it would be too inappropriate to ask him right after such a romantic romantic moment and gesture between them, but she knew they were always closer during that time and couldn't think of any other way to make him relax. So instead she rubbed his back gently, attempting her best to show she care and she would be more then ready to marry and be with him forever. "Your hands are still trembling, you need to relax." She rubbed his back again and sighed to herself softly, was he afraid of her or was he afraid that he could be rejected by her, what if he really did want to marry her for her?

Audel stared, wide-eyed at Effie as she spoke and it took him a very long time to say anything when she finished. He had never looked so scared before, and so hopeful. His hands were trembling? "Of course they're trembling." said Audel in barely a whisper. "You want to marry me." Then a tiny, open lipped smile began to spread across his face. That left eyebrow came up just a bit and Audel had never looked happier in his entire life than he did at that moment. If his family could see him now, how could they possibly begrudge him this sort of happiness? How could Effie doubt it, herself? "N-no," Audel stuttered slightly as he tried to explain through the floods of ecstasy."Not just for the babies, Effie. There wouldn't be any babies if it wasn't for the way I feel about you." He paused, feeling his heart leap when he remembered her words. "Because ... I love you too. I feel that if I don't spend the rest of my life with you, I'll be making the biggest mistake possible. I'm so glad you love me too." Dammit ... his eyes were burning, so he took her tighter into his arms and pressed his face into her hair to hide the shameful display of emotion. Her gentle hands ran across his back and he resisted the urge to squeeze her tighter lest she lose her breath. The silence was beautiful when he held her, basking in the knowledge that the one person he wanted most in the world loved him and wanted to be his. There was only one last thing to do.

Taking her hand, Audel stepped back to kneel before his blonde-haired beauty. When he looked up at her, it was as if nothing else existed and the days before this were irrelevant and part of some other person's past. Everything he knew form when he was a child, of cruelty, anger and silence, seemed like a shadow before her life."Effie Monique Snow," said Audel, his voice finally calm and his eyes lightening to a soft chocolate brown. "Will you be my wife?".

Effie could easily tell that Audel was scared and hopeful at the same time, she had been feeling the same thing only moments ago but it was alright now that she knew it was for more than just the babies. "You need to relax though Audel." She brought her hands up to cup his gently and give him a swift kiss on the lips, he must have thought she was going to reject him or something since he looked almost shocked if not the happiest she had seen him since well, ever. On top of that he just confessed his own love for her and that he needed to spend the rest of his life with her or he'd be making a giant mistake, she figured he would also have to live with something akin to a broken heart. Effie could do or say nothing but stay silent as she let her gentle hands run across his back and allowed him busy his face into hair, she knew he didn't like to show emotion like that and just allowed him to hide himself because she just loved the closeness between them. "My father was so wrong about you, he said you all were nothing but a plague to us. And to think, if your stupid brothers hadn't tried to kill me with that bracelet we never would have met." Effie buried her face into his shoulder for a moment, even if didn't like the almost dying because of a small bracelet she couldn't help but think that she also owed that bracelet and the idiots who put it there so much. After a moment she felt Audel shift and take her hand before he stepped back from her, she didn't want him to leave her but she suddenly got the feeling of what was coming next and started to become very nervous herself.

It wasn't until Audel kneeled that she suddenly felt like she was going to start crying or pass out once again, she of course knew what was going to happen but it was just a little overwhelming. Ans then he asked her and she nearly chocked on her own breath just thinking about her answer, which she already knew that it was yes she just had to get it out and not sound like an idiot saying it. "Of C-course I will." She didn't know how he could sound so calm while he said that because she would be stuttering like a beast, but she still found it greatly romantic and knew that even inside the babies were feeling all warm and fuzzy from it. Tugging on his hand she pretty much demanded that he stand up now, even if it was a major romantic moment going on she was still really hungry and fancied a nap afterwards. However the moment she decided to move back she suddenly felt a strong feeling of weakness take over her body, the babies and the overwhelming nervousness was putting her in a lot of stress and her body just could not handle that. Within a moment’s time Effie felt her legs give out and her world suddenly wall into darkness as she fainted into Audel’s arms, how embarrassing this was going to be once she woke up.

Laughing when she commented on the ridiculous actions of his brothers, Audel cupped the back of her head as she leaned against his shoulder. There had been no other happiness of its equivalent, this moment of joy between them. He had never seen or heard anyone who had touched him in such a way to have made him put his heart of the line like he was, and he never wanted another. For someone who had grown up as he had, Audel was fearful of him ever being able to allow himself to be fully free with anyone. He had never believed in love, had never imagined marriage, and though he had so desperately wanted children of his own, Audel had never imagined them coming from someone like Effie. He'd always thought that his father would find someone suitable for him and that he'd marry the woman and live out the rest of his day exactly as his father planned. This was so very different to that future. He had chosen Effie and most importantly, she had chosen him. Despite the trial of acceptance into her family and the coming trials of caring for twins, they had made it. They were going to be man and wife. "I swear I'll never punish my brothers again," said Audel with a grin. His grin faded when Effie fell into his arms, but the spark behind it did not die as he swept her into a cradle hold. His fiance looked utterly exhausted, but she was so peaceful that he could not help but think her beautiful beyond words. Audel knelt with her in his arms, and there in the hallway of of that frightening and unfamiliar manor, he kissed his sweetly on the lips as she slept. He dared not wake her, but rose and carried her into a more secluded area to comfort her through the night. This night; their first night, as not two but one. His Effie. His forever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back