Will She? Won't She?

Njord Aesir

Wand
Ebony Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Talon
Njord grabbed the blanket he had stuffed in his bag and laid it out under a tree. The leaves were were yellow and orange and there were some under the blanket that crunched as he sat down to wait. He wondered if it would be a long time or if Kailey would even show up at all. He wondered if his note had helped or scared her off.

Kailey hopped around faster then she thought possible as she tried to get ready. She knew how she looked probably wasn't the most important thing but she couldn't help it. Putting the finishing touches on everything she quickly grabbed her bag out of habit move than actually needing it and ran all the way down and out of the castle onto the grounds. She stopped for a minute or two to catch her breath and tried to formulate what she was going t say in her head as she started to walk towards the lawn again. It didn't take long to spot him under a large tree she liked to sit and read under. She approached him her heart flying, though she couldn't figure out if it was from the run or seeing him again.

Njord heard rustling leaves and turned his head to see Kailey approach. His heartbeat quickened and his palms began to dampen. Njord jumped to his feet and as she came closer and a smile as bright as the sun gleamed across his face. "You came." he said with happiness and a little bit of relief.

"Yeah..." Kailey said wanting to hit herself almost immediately after. Wow... What an excellent response! her thoughts snapped at her. But these thoughts were chased away by the joy she felt bubbling inside her. "I was pretty surprised when I got the letter, But I'm glad you sent it." she said not wanting there to be a silence just yet.

Njord walked closer to her and took her hand in his. Leading her to the blanket he sat them both down. "I meant every word of that note. I care about you so much, it makes my heart ache when you aren't around. It thought about you every minute of the summer and I could shoot myself for not at least writing to you. Tell me you forgive me and that we can be together." he said still holding her hand.

Kailey sat down on the blanket beside him, her hands still in his. She looked at him, finding it a bit hard not to get lost in her feelings as he talked. "This summer for the most part, was probably one of the most agonizing summers of my life. I never want to be away from you under those circumatsnces ever again. I realized last night that I was in love with you. You have no idea the mixture of emotions I feel knowing you feel the same." Kailey said, scooting over closer to him. A bit shocked that she had actually gotten the courage to say all that.

Njord let out a sigh of relief. "I promise never be to be so stupid again." he said placing his hand on the side of her face. Slowly he leaned in an ever so gently with a flutter in his stomach and kissed her. Slow and sweet, he finally leaned back and smiled tenderly at her.

"Neither will I." Kailey responded before they kissed. She was a little bit upset when he pulled back but it didn't stay for long as she looked at him, not knowing how she actually managed to get through the summer. "You have no idea how much I missed this." she said softly smiling at him, wanting to stay in that moment forever.

"Me too." he said leaning up against the tree and inviting her to lean up against him. "So, I met your sister, Luna. It's scary how much you two look alike. Do you get along, or is it typical sibling rivalry." Njord was an only child so he never understood the dynamics of siblings.

Kailey smiled and quickly took the oppurtounity snuggling up closer and leaning lightly against him. "So you did eh? We get that alot... Yeah we get along pretty well, Shes more like my twin than Trista is." Kailey said Though Kailey loved Trista she just felt closer to Luna, the two of them were very similar in looks and personality and tended to stick together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back