Will she or won't she?

Lisa Boatwood

Wand
Lignum Vitae Wand 16" Essence of Dragon's Whisker
Wow, was Lisa's first thought as she stood at the edge of the Forbidden Forest, gazing upwards at the colossal trees. The trees were so much bigger than her, a contrast that was emphasised due to Lisa being small for her age. She tried to peer inside, but the forest was so gloomy and dark that it was almost impossible to see. Lisa pulled out her wand, muttering "Lumos!" as she did so. The wand tip lit up, improving her view ever so slightly.

Will I or won't I? Lisa stood on the spot, trying to make a decision. She would have much rathered having a friend by her side when she entered the Forbidden Forest for the first time. Or anyone, anyone, she thought.

How about when we introduce we don't mention houses, Nia doesn't have her uniform on so we'll leave the fact that she's Slytherin to a bit later :r:

Nia emerged from the Castle and made her way to the grounds. The first week was already over and she needed a break. She wasn't used to the whole, attending classes thing, as the majority of last year she was home schooled and the brief time she actually spent in Hogwarts she didn't really go to classes, just the first few to show her face.

It was a nice day out so Nia took off her robes and summoned them back to her dorm room along with her school back, so she was just left wearing a loose blue shirt and a short white skirt. Much better she thought to herself as she continued down the grounds, not sure where she was going.

After a few minutes of walking she saw the Forbidden Forest in front of her, giving a small shrug she thought she'd give it a go, seeing as it was one place she hadn't visited yet, and always up for exploring, she thought it would be a good idea. As she approached the edge she saw a light coming from someones wand. As she got closer she saw a young girl looking into the forest, "Are you going in?" She asked the little girl, in an usual friendly tone.

That sounds fine.

Lisa looked around as she was addressed, seeing a blonde-haired girl, possibly a second year, coming towards her. She seemed pretty friendly, and she asked Lisa if she was going in. "I'm...not sure," she said, turning and gazing into the Forest again, biting her lip. "I've heard so many rumours about the creatures in there..." She broke off, feeling a little scared.

Nia looked down at the girl, she seemed scared, Should have come here if you weren't sure silly girl she thought to herself. Granted Nia had never visited the Forbidden Forest in her first year, but it wasn't out of fear of a few silly creatures. "Well," She started but stopped when she realised she didn't know the girls name, "Sorry, I never caught you name." she said to the girl.

Lisa mentally shook herself and passed the fear off as being too cautious. Life's too short to hide behind a curtain, she told herself. "I'm Lisa," she told the older girl, "Lisa Boatwood." She glanced at the forest again, composed herself, and stepped into the forest. "Are you coming?" she called, smiling a little.

Nia gave a small nod to the young girl who introduced herself as Lisa, "My name is Efeyenia Samartzi, but call me Nia." She said, knowing all too well how people had difficulity with saying her name.

When she saw Lisa take a step into the forest a smirk started to form on her lips, "After you." She said taking a step into the forest and looking around.

Lisa raised her wand high, so the light could reach further into the darkness. It was cold in here; she shivered, drawing her cardigan tight around her. "The one day I didn't bring a hoodie..." she muttered to herself, sighing. She turned to find Nia following her. "So, which way?" she said.

Sorry it's late.

It's OK :)

As the two girls entered the forest Nia could see how dark it was, or rather couldn't see. She drew her wand out and muttered Lumos, with the light emitting from both wands she could see a bit further ahead. Now she could see a bit further she wondered why the forest was forbidden, it was a bunch of trees, nothing scary at all.

Nia looked down at the wee girl as she shuddered and said something about not bringing her hoodie. Been brought up in Greece, Nia was used to the heat, but being a Slytherin, she was used to been down in the Dungeons, so the cold didn't effect her that much.

Which way? she thought when Lisa asked her opinion. She stopped and looked around. If we go right, there's more trees. If we go left, there's more trees. If we go straight, wow, more trees she thought sarcastically to herself. Lets keep going straight. she suggested. She continued to walk on.

"So why did you come to the forest?" She asked, genially interested in the girls response. Looking at the little girl, she didn't exactly look like the type to just come to the forest for recreational purposes.

Lisa thought for a moment as she followed Nia. "I was dared," she lied; she herself did not know the reason. Perhaps it was her curiosity, perhaps it was something else; maybe her daredevil side wanted to get free. She wasn't sure.

/lame

"Dared." Nia replied in surprise. Well it makes a good dare she thought to herself, reminding herself to use that one if the time ever came up, Maybe a wee Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw would be a good target she thought to herself, surpressing a laugh.

"Are you going to dare this person in return?" She asked, that was how the game worked, right?

Lisa shrugged as she trudged along the forest path. "Probably," she said, "If I can think of one that's good enough to compensate for this," she laughed, casting an arm around the colossal forest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back