Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence Of Hair From The Mane Of A Unicorn
Violet felt that she had done a less than adequate job as Keeper in the Hufflepuff vs Slytherin game. They had won, but mostly by luck. Of course, Lemina was a skilled flier, and she outflew her opponent in the Snitch chase, but if it wasn't for that, they definately would not have won. The victory had given Violet great satisfaction, though. It was hilarious to see how badly the Slytherins reacted to their loss. The fainting and swearing made the usually placid and non-competitive Violet cackle in amusement.

But now was not the time to gloat. The Hufflepuffs had one more game to play, and that was against Ravenclaw. Ravenclaw had not lost a game yet, so Violet knew that they would be the toughest competition. Violet was going to have to play better than she had in the game against Gryffindor, and a lot better than she had played in the game against Slytherin. Hopefully everyone was getting over their colds, though, and she and Rhyspa would be able to field a formidible team. Patricia and Lemina would be back from illness, at the least, so they would have their best chasers back. They were going to need them for this game. Ravenclaw would give it everything they had, so the Hufflepuffs would have to do the same.

Worst, though, was that Aries would be playing for Ravenclaw, and he was a chaser. Violet knew, though, that she would have to pretend as though he wasn't her boyfriend when they were on the pitch. In the game, it was all about fighting to win. Well, having a lot of fun too, of course. But Ravenclaw would be playing to win, and therefore, so would Hufflepuff.

Mounting her Emerald Streak, which was a lot faster than her old Firebolt - faster than she had anticipated, she took off and sped around the pitch a few times, hoping to get a decent amount of plain old flying practice in before the game.

The Quidditch game had come and gone. Hufflepuff vs Slytherin. Hufflepuff win. 50 - 30. It had all been done to Lemina. Whilst she was proud, she had felt so anxious in those final moments. She had pushed herself to win the match, but it hadn't exactly been her ideal game. She was a chaser at heart. Seeker had been fun, but she knew she wouldn't be able to play, knowing that the burden of a win or loss rested upon her shoulders. She could attempt to do her best as a chaser, but if the goal missed, there was always next time. It wasn't like that with the snitch.

As Lemina sat reading on her bed, cross-legged, she realised she had to do something to improve her quidditch skills. They were up against Ravenclaw next. The had to strongest team by far, winning to both Gryffindor and Slytherin. And Hufflepuff had lost against Gryffindor, the odds weren't in her favour. But Gryffindor had had such a skilled keeper. She prayed that with the skill of herself - along with the other chasers - would be able to score enough times with the quaffle to make the snitch catch negligible. Hufflepuff were the underdogs, or under badgers as they say, but that was all about to change.

The fifth year scraped her hair up in a pony tail and bobbed down onto the pitch, broom in hand. As she arrived, she saw that there was another girl flying around the pitch, likely also practising for the games. Let's go! She decided not to disturb her just yet, wanting to get a bit of flying in prior to the game. Chasers needed good flying skills, Lemina may have had them, but there was always room for improvement. She couldn't let everyone think that Hufflepuff's win was a fluke.

Aries hauled himself out of bed and realised for the first time in days he wasn't aching all over, he could breath through his nose again and the pounding headache that had been his bestfriend was gone. Ravenclaw had another incredible win under their belts and though he should be thrilled he felt rotten that he hadn't been able to play in either of their games. It was nerving that if they lost the next game and he was on the team, he may be seen as a jinx but not being much into superstition Aries pulled his streak from under his bed and tossing it on top of it, quickly got dressed and decided to head to the pitch.

He could catch up on breakfast later, for now practise was more important. With his broom slung over his shoulder he made his way out onto the pitch only to see the Hufflepuff seeker standing there and as he looked up into the air, flying above over head and looking damn fine as she did so was his girlfriend. It was hard to imagine they'd be up against each other in the next game but he knew she wouldn't expect him to take it easy on her. Walking over to the seeker he greeted her warmly.

"Hey, mighty fine catch the other day" he smiled, Violet hadn't known he was watching her play. She had seemed so nervous as it was so he had kept to the back of the benches so as not to be seen.
"Aries Centauri" he held out his hand to her, the smile never wavering from his face.

Lemina was just about to mount onto her broom and go see the other girl, who she thought might be a fellow Hufflepuff. Suddenly she turned and saw a boy standing next to her, who she vaguely recognised from classes and around the castle. "Thanks. I don't normally play seeker, it was all down to luck." But she didn't say any more. If she mentioned her sickness, she would be revealing how much of a fluke it was. And he was a Ravenclaw, he might feed them their 'tactics'. Not that they had any.

As the boy offered his hand and volunteered his name, a flash of recognition crossed her face. Aries. Violet's Aries. "So, this is the famous Aries then?" She said with a slight chuckle. Violet had mentioned him a few times in some of their girly discussions. "Lemina Troque." Although he probably already knew who she was, having acknowledged her as the Hufflepuff seeker.

Aries was mildly taken aback at the referal to him as the 'famous Aries' and as he looked upwards could only smile. Girls did talk after all, with a gentle smile and slight shake of his head he looked back at the girl who introduced herself to him.
"Nice to officially meet you Lemina. So have the Hufflepuff squad booked the pitch for training or can anyone fly along?" he had yet to actually go flying with Violet and he couldn't believe how much he was now itching to do just that. Hoping whatever kinks he had about being in the air with her could get ironed out now before their own game.

Violet had been completely focused on her flying, having taken a minute to adjust to the high speed of her broom - a minute she hoped she wouldn't need in the game - and then spending time working on precision and balance, and speed, of course. However, when she looked down at the ground she noticed two familiar looking figures. Curious, she flew gently towards the ground, touching down semi-gracefully and approaching the two people. She beamed when she saw who they were - Lemina and Aries. "Lemi, it looks to me like we have a Ravenclaw spy in our midst," she began, straight-faced. "He must be trying to work out our tactics, so he can report back to his captain and try and have an advantage next game. What should we do?" she asked innocently, a wicked smirk the one thing giving away her act.

Lemina smiled to herself. "That would depend on whether you plan on ambushing our team." She laughed. This Aries seemed nice, everything that Violet had told her. As the girl who had been flying above touched down to the ground, she grinned. Speak of the devil! She was about to embrace her friend, when she caught onto her act against her boyfriend. "A spy!?!" She gasped, in mock horror. "Violet, this can't be good!" She laughed to her friend and the Ravenclaw, collectively.

Aries wanted nothing more than to pull her into his arms but restrained himself only because Lemina was there but as Violet touched down and gave her cheeky speech, he couldn't help but walk slowly over to where she was.
"You see right through me don't you?" he grinned, turning to Lemina he winked at her as he put an arm about Violet's waist, "Ah not just any spy though".
With a quick movement he nipped Violets waist where it would tickle her most.
"I'm the most dangerous type of spy there is" he moved aside from Violet grinning and held up his fingers, "see these? They are lethal weapons, if I start tickling her again she'll give me all your tactics in seconds. So it's a good job I'm honorable and wouldn't resort to such underhand means".

Though with that statement he moved a little closer once more flexing his fingers as if he would seriously tickle her within an inch of her life.

"It's not good at all," she muttered, shaking her head with her eyes closed, not noticing as Aries slowly moved over to her. Feeling his arm around her waist, Violet smiled - until he got her where she was most ticklish. Giving a small yelp of astonishment, Violet squirmed and jumped back. "Oh no, you wouldn't dare..." she began, picking her broom up as a mode of defence. "You know, though, the best tactic in a Quidditch game is to throw the quaffle straight to the keeper," she lied, innocently.

"Violet! Don't give away all my tactics for scoring!" Lemina grinned, jokily. She knew that it would be hard for Violet in the game, playing against her boyfriend. But she knew she wouldn't go easy on him. Hufflepuff are fighting to win! She giggled as Aries tickled Violet, and she squirmed backwards. Aww, that's so sweet. "Fly away from the evil spy, Violet!" Lemi laughed.

Aries chuckled heartily before tossing his own broom around to clasp it in both hands and use it in his defense if needs be.
"I won't dare I promise... at least for now but that's not to say I don't have a few things up my sleeve for the game" he grinned, looking from Lemina to Violet he shook his head, "so you'd actually want me to toss the quaffle to you is it? how about if I toss it past you into the hoops would that do instead?"
It was only when he looked again at Lemina that he realised they actually shared classes together. He hadn't realised it until now and felt a complete fool for not having recognised her beforehand. He slapped his forehead and grimaced.
"Lemi... besides knowing your name from Violet I should have recognised you from class anyhow. Sorry. I tend to just breeze in get it over with and out the door again."

Violet nodded, grinning wickedly. "Oh, but it would be so much easier for Ravenclaw. Save you the trouble of scoring when we're only going to beat you anyway...right Lemi?" Violet replied, evilly, as she smirked at Lemina. "Don't think you're going to get the Quaffle past me, now," she added, with a laugh. Sure, Ravenclaw were the top team in the competition, and Hufflepuff were about third, Gryffindor having beat them yet lost to Ravenclaw. Ravenclaw were going to be the toughest opposition yet. But Violet had faith in her team. It didn't matter if some of her loyalties lay with Ravenclaw. Violet was going to do her best to make sure Hufflepuff came out on top. There would be no focus on matters of the heart in the game.

Aries grinned at her and turning to face her lifted her face with the crook of his finger under her chin and looked into her eyes. No matter how often he looked into their depths he would always drown, always get lost and be happy because of it.
"I'm sure my flying closer and closer to you in any situation will throw you" he whispered, forgetting for a moment that they were not alone as he began to lower his head. Just as his lips were about to touch hers, he smiled wickedly at her finally remembering that Lemina was there too. So he pulled his head back slowly.
"So you're going to save me the trouble of scoring huh?" he winked at her before moving his finger and stepping behind her placing an arm about her waist. He rested his head on top of hers and looked at Lemina.
"Sorry, sometimes I tend to forget things and people when she's around. I think she's hoping for that to happen during the game but her magic on me won't work when I'm pumped up for quidditch" he released Violet again and smiled wickedly at her as he straddled his broom.

"Now are you two standing there talking about flying and how great us Ravenclaws are or are you actually going to fly?"

Violet shook her head. "Nuh-uh, your tricks don't work on me..." she began, until Aries moved in to kiss her. Wow, in front of my friends? she thought - but Violet could get carried away quite easily. Losing track of her surroundings, Violet focused completely on Aries, nothing else. It was only as he broke away did she remember where she was. Damn. I mustn't do that in the game, she admonished herself, giving Lemina an awkward and apologetic smile. "Sorry," she mouthed, reddening. "Oh, I wasn't going to do just that, I was planning on acquiring a love potion, or maybe something else..." she trailed off, eyes gleaming mischievously. "So you might just want to watch your morning pumpkin juice..." she added in a whisper, before laughing. "I'm kidding, I'm not a Slytherin, I wouldn't do that." Breaking away, Violet mounted her broom and touched off, hovering with her feet a few centimetres above the ground. "Right, flying. Ready to be out-flown, my love?" she teased. "Come on Lemina, let's show them how real Quidditch players fly," she joked with a smirk, zooming up in to the sky. I love my new broom, she thought to herself, beaming as the wind blew through her golden hair.

Aries commented that he should have known Lemina from their classes together. Lemi smiled, but didn't make a comment. She was so rarely there these days that it didn't surprise her. She too was keeping her head down more and more, so it was entirely unsurprising that they hadn't seen each other in classes. OWLs were coming up, and to say she was stressing would be a severe understatement.

As Aries and Violet almost kissed, she felt tempted to roll her eyes, yet also tempted to smile. But she did neither. Lemina thought that it was cute. And it was completely the kind of thing that Hayden would do. Not being a hypocrite, she didn't say anything, and as Violet uttered an apology, Lemi grinned. "Doesn't matter. C'mon, let's go!" The Hufflepuff mounted her broom, heading into the sky.

Aries could only laugh as both girls took off into the air and just as he was about to kick off, the screach of a low flying owl distracted him. He reached up as an envelope fluttered down to meet him and when he saw the color of the envelope and the angry vibrations it gave off. Aries quickly looked to the sky and back at it again. His parents had sent him a howler! He had a fair idea why, he hurriedly got off his broom and without another word to Violet or Lemina raced off the pitch before the howler could self erupt, screaming its message for all to hear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back