Why so Cruel?

Ostensia Metzger

Wand
Alder Wand 13 3/4" Essence of Dragon Heartstring
Ostensia Romanes wiped her cerulean blue eyes with the back of her hand as she stomped out of the castle. The Hufflepuff girl had never been so hurt and so humiliated in her life. Especially by as group of girls she worked hard as hell to try and befriend. They had no reason to be as cruel to her as they did but it apparently didn't matter to them whether there was a reason or not. If they didn't think you belonged with them, or they just plain out didn't like you, then that was just too bad for whoever wanted to be their friend. It all started a couple of weeks ago at the Yule Ball. Well sort of at the Yule Ball. Ostensia ended up getting into a small discussion with Damian about his little sister and the two girls that she always hung out with. The fact that she was Damian's little sister alone made Osa want to try and be friends with her. Not that she had any idea if her and Krystin would really need to become close because she could never tell what the future would hold for her and Damian. But she did want to get along with Damian's family so that if she ever came over some day things wouldn't be so tense. Maybe it was a strange custom to want her boyfriends family to like her, maybe it wasn't. But she wanted so badly for her and Krystin to meet and get along. But the very minute she approached the group of your girls. Something very wrong about them was easily noticed. Sure up close they were even prettier than they were from a distance, but in Krystin's eyes particularly it was easy to see the disgust and the anger shining within her eyes. They all stared down at Ostensia as if she was nothing but a small big that they needed to squash quickly. At first the two others were pretty nice when she started to talk to them. But it wasn't long before pumpkin juice and food was being dumped on her head. Then as if that wasn't enough they proceeded to call her names and force her to drop her books to the floor. Where even some of her homework got wet from the pumpkin juice. And like that they had Ostensia balling in the Great Hall in front of everyone. Humiliated and hurt from the way she was being treated.

This was why Ostensia had come outside. She figured that there would be less kids outside then there was inside the Common room plus she could probably cry as loud as she wanted without getting bothered. No one usually came into the Garden during this time of day anyways. Her pink ballet flats sifted through the grass until she came to the Garden. More and more tears were spilling from her eyes as she walked. Her clothing was soaked and probably ruined because of all the stains on the pastels. Her hair was partially soaked with juice and food, and her face was all red and blotchy. Ostensia realized that she should have retrieved her grown cat Pineapple and cuddled with him how out here. Even as a kitten Pineapple loved the Garden. Plus the cat always had a way of making her feel better. So did her boyfriend but she was far form wanting him to see her right now. Osa wanted to look pretty and happy for him, not like she was hit by the Hogwarts Express or something. Plus him knowing that his sister did this? How would he react. A breeze blew by and Osa buried her blue eyes into her hands as she sobbed. How could people be so cruel to someone who just wanted to be their friend?

Damian Metzger was actually pretty far from the grounds right now. He was just in the library with a teammate of his from Quidditch, discussing how to maneuver around and do certain things on a broomstick. Rakas Varius knew how to do things, but Damian did tell the younger Gryffindor to maybe lay off the chocolate while at practices and stuff. That boy knew how to get those chocolates in him and everything. Damian watched the fourth year leave the library, before he packed his things and left the library himself. The Prefect was not wearing anything fashionable right now and was stuck in his Gryffindor uniform with the Prefect badge on his chest. Damian was really in a mellow mood right now. He did not have a smile on his face, but his lips were not contorted into a frown either. He just walked and he decided to head to the ground for some good sunshine. Maybe to look for Ostensia. He was on the second floor and he noticed that he had not seen her around like, all day! But what made him concerned was the fact that he saw the three girls, one being his sister, and all of them looked like they were up to something. However, before he could even bother, a Hufflepuff told him, "I think Ostensia is outside and she looked upset." That immediately told him that something was definitely wrong. Damian was like a bullet on fast forward as he raced through the corridors, only to be slowed by the stairs. If only he could just use a broomstick to fly down the stairs, it would have made things so much easier. Damian also wished that he was not wearing these robes that really slowed him down as well. They seemed to get tangled up in his legs and everything!

The sun was shining, and everything seemed like there was nothing wrong, but he slowed and stopped when he realized, he did not know where to look on the grounds for his girlfriend! A few clouds lined the sky, but Damian could not be bothered admiring the sky right now when he was needing to be there for his girlfriend. He went straight to the lakefront first, but then over to the Pitch. Neither were of no success. Damian could see Professor Styx in the Greenhouses, but Damian knew better than to ask him for anything, especially for finding a girl that might be upset over something. He would not care and Damian did not need that type of feeling toward him! Finally, he decided to look toward the Gardens, around the place where they first met he believed. Damian walked now a little too tired from running to go any faster. His teal eyes swept over the area, looking and looking for that blonde beauty. Then he saw her. She looked downright horrible from a distance, and he knew that things would just look worse when he would arrive to her. Damian approached Ostensia, murmured, "Oh honey, what happened?" He could hear her sobbing and he felt the pain of his heart crying for her because someone did this to her. Who would do such a thing to her? It was just unreal. He flourished his wand, and hopefully he would be able to clean what mess there was on her clothing with the spell, and he muttered, "Scourgify." It cleans the object, and being as it may, it really needed to be done. Damian put his wand away, wondering what happened and he wanted the full story. He did not care who did it to her, as long as they received justice. The Prefect was not pleased at all.

Ostensia heard the voice of her boyfriend and calmed herself down a little, but the tears did not stop much to her dismay. Gently her blue eyes lifted themselves to lock onto his form before Ostensia shook her head and tried to rebury her face from Damian. He asked her what happened, calling her honey too which was insanely cute and if the circumstances were better he would have gotten a huge hug from her for such a cute nickname. But when he asked her that she knew that she would have to tell him what happened. Damian probably wouldn't leave her be until she did. But she was a little bit afraid to tell him because this was his little sister that was the biggest cause of it. Sure her two little friends helped some, but it looked like they didn't really want to do it. So perhaps maybe they were only doing it because they didn't want to be bullied themselves by her. "Your sister and her friends the...um.." It was a lot harder to say then she imagined it would be. How would one usually react when they heard that their sibling was an outright bully who ruined the lives of others. Damian used Scourgify to help clean off the stains that remain on her clothing and the rest of her body. Osa couldn't remember if she learned to use that spell yet or not. Being as upset as she was she couldn't really think all that well about cleaning herself off properly. Her clothing lost all the blotchy stains and the food form her hair and face were cleaned away too. She felt a little bit better by this point but she didn't want Damian t see her like that in the first place. Watching as he put his wand away Ostensia knew that she was going to have to tell him the whole story. However she did hope that he wouldn't get himself into trouble with whatever he decided to do once he heard how it had all happened and everything. This was his little sister though so he might have some authority over her. And the two other little girls were both Gryffindor's which was the house that he was a Prefect for. He had some form of authority over all of then. But would it help?

Ostensia pulled her knees and sighed softly. Where to begin with her story on what had happened between her and the three little girls with such horrible attitude's. "I just wanted to be their friend. I love the way they dress and I figured that I could fit in with them. Plus one of them was your little sibling, and well....I tried befriending them. It was going really well until your sister dumped pumpkin juice all over my head. She gave the other two a look and then they started covering me with stuff too. They called me names and destroyed my books. Why so they hate me Damian, why? I never did anything to them!" Ostensia started to cry again, at the mere memory of it. How the entire Great Hall except for various amounts of Hufflepuffs and some other students laughed at pointed at her like she was a side show. One of the girls looked as if she felt bad but Ostensia didn't know if she would be able to forgive her for anything. A breeze blew past Ostensia and she brushed the hair that had fallen into her face away. Longing to show those girls who was boss she knew it would be wrong of her to get revenge like that. Sure there was one side of her that had a tendency to be snotty, but she was overall kind hearted. Ostensia now looked at Damian curiously. Waiting to see what he would say or do about this situation that his sister had caused.​
<i></i>

The Gryffindor Prefect was highly concerned with what happened here, and he hoped that it was no one that he knew or else someone would have to pay. Damian felt really bad too because he did not even know what happened. Damian did not want anything like this to happen again, but it did not stop the wave of guilt that washed over his body because this might have been prevented if he was there with her. If he was around her, she would not have endured this humiliation, which he assumed why she was crying and she had stuff all on her. However she started to say something, and what he heard was something to do with his sister. That was just bad news all in itself because his sister was not the best person in the world, and even he tried to stay away from her actually. Krystin was a mean girl, and she was just someone that Damian did not want to know anymore. At first he wanted a sister, and then when he found out about Krystin, he wanted to meet her, and then found out how mean she was, and Damian quickly changed his mind. Damian thought that she liked to ruin lives for others, and he did not want to really have her endure that again. Damian wondered what her and her friends did to Ostensia, and he wanted to know what can be done about it. Damian slowly folded his arms across his chest. He waited for an explanation. What if they really hurt her?

He nodded lightly, urging her to go on with what happened because Damian was wanting to know what happened. They would have to see what they could do about it. If she had Krystin and her friends with her, then he could punish the Gryffindors at least. He some authority over them, but Krystin was another story because he was not a Prefect of that house. But he knew a few that were, so he would point them in her direction, including the Head Boy himself. That would work completely actually. When Ostensia finally started out with the story, he just frowned a bit, and listened. The other two were merely Krystin's lackies which was what made it worse. Damian wondered if the girls even liked Krystin. Maybe sometimes she seemed cool or something. Damian explained, "Look, Krystin may be my sister, but she is my half sister. She has a different dad, and her dad was real mean. Her friends, I think they could be just as mean as her, but just stay away from them." Damian brushed his black hair over his shoulder and he narrowed his teal eyes and thought about what they were going to be doing about this. Damian gave Ostensia a small hug, and Damian continued, "I don't understand it, but maybe I can talk to the Gryffindor girls, Aphrodite and LeAnn, and maybe...don't you have a sister in Slytherin, or was that your brother? That person could probably talk to Krystin. But she hates anyone that is really close to me because I am Part-Veela and all." Damian shrugged lightly, and he felt really bad about what happened to Ostensia. "Do not blame yourself, because you are an amazing person."

Damian explained to Ostensia that Krystin was only her half sister, it didn't make her feel much better though because it still meant that she was related to her beloved boyfriend. It still made the young Hufflepuff want to make an impression on the young girl so her and Damian would look ever cuter in the eyes of the public. She was also warned to stay away from the other two girls Aphrodite and LeAnn. Both of whom were involved but didn't look like they wanted to be involved all that much. He seemed to know them better than she did though. "I think after today I really have no choice but to avoid them, they hate me. They ever said that the only reason you were dating me was to make it look like weren't into guys!" Ostensia blubbered out as she started to cry again. The part that made it worse was that she just could not stop crying about this either. There was no reason for those girls to treat her like they did. Bring their friends obviously wasn't worth it. The original Glam Squad wasn't even that bad from what Osa had gathered, sure the girls had their snotty moments but they had never purposely gathered up to dump stuff on someone they liked. Because they actually had class. What would Alyssa think if she knew her little sister Aphrodite was such an air headed bully? Time ticked passed and wondered if Damian was thinking about doing anything. He was brave to consider doing anything because frankly Osa would be afraid to go back around those girls while they were together. A small hiccup escaped Ostensia as she wiped at her eyes and tried to slow her crying. The Gryffindor male in front of her must have been trying of listening to her cry. But she couldn't help it, she was a little girl who was embarrassed and had her feelings hurt by three extremely cruel girls.

"My sister is the one in Slytherin, but I don't want either of you to have to deal with those girls just because I was dumb enough to let them bully me. She would feel bad if those girls started to bully other people too because of her. Then again Damian was a Prefect and he had power against the two little Gryffindor's, they had to listen to him didn't they? But what if they did something? Now she was just panicking over nothing and she didn't want Damian to think she was insane for freaking out over nothing. Osa wiped her blue eyes clean of any tears and when Damian told her not to blame herself because she was an amazing person she grinned happily. He really knew how to cheer up. Ostensia smiled wryly and jumped up to hug him. A big thank you hug that showed that she was so grateful to how sweet he had been to her, he didn't need to be but she was grateful that he had been. After a moment she released him from the hug and brushed a piece of his hair out of his face for him. "Thank you so much, your the best boyfriend a girl could ask for." Later on she was totally tempted to ask him if he wanted to go to Brightstone with her and get a Banana split. She had never had one before and since she liked both ice cream and banana's, she was so up for the idea of getting one. He'd probably have to help her finish it though, she had a small stomach so she could never finish things on her own.​
<i></i>

Damian nodded once when she said that she would have to avoid them, but then he raised an eyebrow at what she said that his sister and her friends said. Why in the world did everyone assume that he was into guys? Was it because he was stylish? Was it because he hung around more girls than guys? Was it because he was part-veela, or a mix of all three? Damian averted his eyes to the ground and his right hand went up to his forehead. He was astounded that even his sister and her friends thought that, but then again, they could also just be saying that to really get under Ostensia's skin. Damian put his arm around Ostensia once she started to cry again, and it was now when he was tempted to use the Cheering charm on her just to make the tears go away, but that would not fix the problem. Damian shook his head and he reassured, "I am over one hundred and ten percent sure that I am not using you to cover up for being gay. Trust me, kissing boys does not appeal to me." He shuddered without even realizing it, because the thought alone was just weird enough. Damian would have to give his cousin LeAnn a talking to, and then owling Alyssa about Aphrodite. He would see what he could do to stop their bullying of his girlfriend, that is if that would do anything anyway. He hoped that it would do some good to just get her some comfort. Damian had never really experienced with a girl crying before. Anything else, but this was just a little awkward for him because he did not know what to do or what to say to stop the tears from falling from her pools of beautiful blue eyes. Her feelings were hurt, and it was not like she had fallen and he could put a band-aid on her knee. This was something that he could not physically bandage up so that she would heal. Just being here should be good enough, to be emotionally supportive.

The Gryffindor Prefect once more shook his head so that she would know that it was not her fault that this happened. "Bullies are attracted to the prey that are easy enough. But you have to do something about it, whether it is telling someone, like me or your sister or even your Head of House, or standing up for yourself. You got to fight it." Though like he could speak, because he too had a bully from time to time, though the attacks had faded recently sense Leviathan had gotten a girlfriend. Damian did start to say things back to the Slytherin, but that was about it. Damian was not going to tolerate bullies anymore because he was a Prefect now. He had power and authority. He was the Quidditch Captain too. He had all the influences he could ever want. He had the best girlfriend ever too. He was one happy lion. He just hoped that he was being nice to her, enough to really make her stop crying. He did not want to see her so unhappy because it made him rather upset too that someone would do this to her, because she was such a nice girl. No one would see that if they were as mean and nasty as his sister. Damian smiled and he replied, "A best boyfriend to the most perfect girl in the world." Damian hugged her close, and then a thought occurred to his quick thinking mind. He smiled a bit, before he decided on what to do. Damian brought his hand right below her chin, and then went to tilt her head up, before his lips met with hers, and his teal eyes closed, in a soft, yet gentle, kiss. Their first kiss.

Ostensia felt him out his arm around her and she hiccuped softly. She hated this because she didn't do anything wrong yet she felt like such an idiot. Letting those three little girls get to her like they did wasn't very smart of her and now they probably thought it would be okay to make fun of her all they wanted. Which was unacceptable because it hurt to have people say such nasty things about her when they barely even knew her. Ostensia leaned into Damian and sniffled softly. "I figured that you weren't, I just didn't like how they tried to make fun of you too. They know that I really like you so they knot it bothers me." She told him. She remembered when they had first become friends and she ended up getting the world's biggest crush on him. Ostensia had kissed him in the Library and he didn't like it so she thought he was into guys. Well it turned out that she was wrong and he just wasn't into dating and kissing during that point. Damian soon came around and she remembered easily the day they played Quidditch together and he ended up telling her that he liked her and wanted to be her boyfriend. Well he said he loved her first but they both agreed in the end that it was because of the hit on the head that he said that. It had been a perfect relationship between the two of them and she honestly could see them being together for a long while. Others thought they were cute too so they must have been doing something right for the public to not mind their mindless affection for one another. Osa lifted her head from Damian and sighed softly. It was starting to get a little bit dark outside. "I didn't want to fight them either, but you have a point. Next time they do this I'll have to do something." Ostensia sighed and bit her lips. Her hand drifted over to Damian and she linked her fingers with his while she tried to think of what she could do. Mayhaps get her head of house. Professor Snow may have been gentle but she could be firm when she needed to. Or Professor Styx. He just scared everyone except those that seemed to be related to him and were used to it. Ostensia was neither so she just had to learn to avoid that man at any cost.

Ostensia couldn't help bit giggled softly when Damian called her the most perfect girl in the world. He sure knew what girls liked to hear. There was just no way she could stay upset after hearing him say that. Her worries were lifted off her shoulders and she wanted to hug Damian again. But instead she felt Damian tilt her head up and their eyes met with one another. And without even having a moment to realize what was about to happen, she was being kissed softly by Damian. Ostensia's eyes widened when the kiss was broken between them. "Did we just have our first kiss? Eeeee that is so exciting! Erm um..I'm sorry it's just that well every girl has dreamed of her first kiss and I just got mine and...thank you Damian!" Ostensia's small hands flew out and landed on Damian's smooth cheeks so she could pull him down for another soft but quick kiss. Then she released his cheeks and grinned, this was so exciting! If she could right now she would tell her sister that she had her very first kiss. Osa told her sister everything and even though she didn't bother to think that her sister might not care to listen about this, she couldn't help it. Once the initial excitement rose off she reattached her and Damian's hands. "I vote we get ice cream now!" She told him with a smile hoping he would agree. A good boyfriend, her first kiss, and some ice cream would certainly fix this day and make it go from worst to best all in one day. Those girls and their attitude's wouldn't stand a chance to upset her now.​
<i></i>

Damian hated that she was feeling like this. His sister was definitely a demon in heels, and he could do nothing about it, but he could cheer up his beloved girlfriend up somehow. He was really needing to stop getting her from stepping into the bullies' ways, and maybe he could talk to her twin to get Krystin to stay away from Ostensia, if that were possible however. He wanted to make sure that she did not cry again anyway. Damian shrugged lightly as she said that she did not like it when they made fun of him too. Damian smiled at her, "They will always tease me, but the moment they step out of line, since I am a Prefect, it is detention. But no more, I won't let them bother you again, not with me around." Damian hoped that he would be around her more so that it would not happen again. He did not want those girls to bother her at all with him around her. Damian wondered what was going through her mind, and also remembered that this girl was the one that made him realize that he liked girls which was something that he had been questioning because of his brother. His brother was Dietrich Metzger, someone who loved men and just one that is, a Healer named Michael Drape. Damian had wondered about himself because of his brother actually, and that was all. Damian understood how she did not want them to fight, but sometimes they needed to see that they could not pick on just anyone. Damian nodded, and knew that she would have to do something next time. "Just don't take it. You can fight back with more experienced magic spells and such." Damian hoped that she would at least stand up for herself at least.

Perhaps get the Head of Houses involved. Professor Weasley and Professor Styx can take care of them rather easily. They should be fearful of those that had connections. The Prefects and those that worked along side of each other. Damian smiled down at her when she seemed realize that they had their first official kiss. It was the best moment in his life. He loved it, and wanted it to happen more often. He laughed softly when she seemed to be so excited over having the first kiss, and truthfully, he felt the same way about the kiss too. Damian felt her pull his face down just a little to get another kiss. He enjoyed that one as well because she seemed to have the perfect lips for the cutest kisses. He adored his Hufflepuff girlfriend. He guessed that her bad mood had melted away which was wonderful what all a kiss can do. He smiled and loved that she was excited about this all. Damian watched as she seemed to get over the natural feeling of the first kiss die down and she asked if they could get ice cream. Damian thought for a moment, and he was naturally speechless right now. He nodded once and thought that it was a great idea. Her going down to the kitchens with a Prefect was sure not going to bother the elves at all. The elves loved Damian anyway. Damian piped in, "Sounds awesome! Makes the cherry on top of a good day, and now that the first kiss is over, just shows how much more we will have!" Damian was happy that he could have more kisses from Ostensia soon enough. Though he was a fifth year going to be a sixth year, just having his first kiss, his brother would laugh at him. Taking her hand into his, he started to walk his wonderful girlfriend back to the castle, to get some ice cream.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back