Why must the best place in the school be forbidden?

Rebecca Marino

Becca scowled as she walked out of the common room. Why did she have to be in Ravenclaw? Her brother was in the same house as her, and it was driving her crazy! Maxwell was possibly the smartest first year in the school, and Rebecca was not smart, she was not here to learn, she was here to.. be Becca! And now she was in Ravenclaw, her siblings had exepectations of her to be willing to learn, and get good grades.

She needed fresh air, she needed time to think. Becca smiled to herself, remembering what Wish had told her on the train. "What house do you want to be in?" Wish had said. "Hufflepuff." Becca had laughed, thinking that was where she would have been. Wish agreed with Becca, Hufflepuff would've suited Becca perfectly. Wish had wanted Ravenclaw, and gotten Hufflepuff; Becca had wanted Hufflepuff and gotten Ravenclaw. The sorting hat was mean, Becca wasn't smart at all.

Her goal at this school was not to get expelled fopr goodness sake! Four schools had expelled her, four times she had started at new schools knowing she'd be expelled eventually. Trouble always found Becca, and she was known across Hamilton as the prankster.

Becca hadn't noticed she was walking towards the forest until she was actually in it. She stopped walking, wondering where she was. She cursed, and frowned. "Great, I'm lost." Becca said loudly. "Hello?" she called, wondering if Taylor was in the forest. Taylor practically lived in the forest when she wasn't in class or trying to get someone to do her homework. Becca slumped against a tree, and looked around at the trees.

Carlisle was, as usual, Swinging and slipping through the forests great trees. The stone castle was all well and good but his home was were the air was fresh and the light was pure.. The tree's whispered and the animals called. Even the centaurs tolerated him going into the forest more then they usually would. And even if they didn't... he would always come.

Make no mistake.. He knew the dangers that the forest held.. and he welcomed them. Other students on the other hand... well.. It was just then when he heard a girl call out through the tree's. Well they really had no idea what was out there. He down from branch to branch silently until he was standing on a low branch a few steps ahead of her. He fell forward but hooked his feet around the branch to he hung, upside down, in front of her. "Did you happen to take a wrong turn?".

Becca blinked as something was suddenly hanging in front of her. It was either a monkey or a person , but Becca guessed it was the latter: there wouldn't be monkeys in this type of forest. She shrugged at the person in the tree. "Yes I did. I meant to come in the forest, but not quite this far." she admitted, feeling rather foolish. Just another first year in the forest, typical. She supposed most of the first years came into the forest to have a look, but Becca knew this wasn't the only time she'd be in the forest.

She knew there were dangerous things in the forest, so she knew to stay away from the center of the forest, and not to anger the centaurs. Accoring to Gabriella, there were spiders in the forest. And the only thing Becca hated more than spiders were bees.

(( sorry.. so much work ;'( ))

"Yes I did. I meant to come in the forest, but not quite this far."

"Well of course you did.."Carlisle rolled his eyes slightly before flipping himself, almost gracefully, to his feet on the ground. "Every first year just has to come into the forest.. at least once" He gave the girl an odd smile before saying, "But after their first accident they normally stay rather clear...catching my drift?" He looked her over a few times.

"Would you like a guide back?" He asked with a slight bow and another of his odd smiles. His head tilted to the side slightly before asking, "Unless you intend on staying?" It seemed most adventurous first years didn't take my notice of older kids telling them to stay away from something.. not even adults seemed to bother them. And the monster tales only make them want to go more... odd isn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back