Status
Not open for further replies.

Sia Riversend

OOC First Name
Jasmine ;-)
Wand
8" Oak and Dragon Heartstring
Just wondering . . .

HNZ is set in New Zealand, right. Then why does the House Points board up the top say it's August and Winter? I mean, I know it's been a mucky summer weatherwise, but . . .

It appears I may have misunderstood your query. Please see the post below mine for more helpful information. :tut:
The fact that HNZ is set in New Zealand is exactly why it says its Winter in August. :)
The Southern Hemisphere's seasons are opposite those of the Northern hemisphere.

Therefore, August is Summer in the Northern Hemisphere of the Earth, and Winter in the Southern.
This is explained in our General FAQ documentation in these terms:
General FAQ said:
So, I noticed the seasons were a little messed up. I mean, in January should be Winter but your board says it's Summer.
Ah, you must live in the wonderful northern hemisphere. ;) Our seasons aren't mixed up, just backwards of what you're used to. As New Zealand is in the Southern Hemisphere and seasons are opposite there from the Northern Hemisphere. Seasons here follow the seasons in NZ. So 'Winter' instead of being December through February is actually in June through August. :)

Well, HNZ runs on a 15 week year, so, basically, the 'school year' only takes 15 weeks of real time. Otherwise it would actually take 7 years to RP one character's way through school. It just makes it slightly less tedious!
Also, HNZ runs on the Northern Hemisphere's school system, so the main holidays of the year are during winter - July and August - and the Christmas/New Years break is the summer holidays.

Hope that helps!
Anna :D

Topic Closed and Archived

Your question/issue has either been resolved or is unanswerable.
If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to open another topic in the FAQ forum, we're always pleased to answer your questions.

Thank you,

~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back